Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I think this trailer was A LOT better than the trailer for Avengers 2.
    Well, we are going to have disagree there. If only because Avengers 2 had that awesome twisted Pinocchio song and James Spader.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    tell me you didn't love hearing ultron sound like a creepy sexual pervert more than this?
    Holy cow. We are sharing brain waves!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, I remember when the first movie came out and the Torch's flying sequence through the city was teased at IIRC the the Las Vegas theater owners convention and a copy leaked out. That got everyone talking. Too bad that's the best they had to show for the whole movie. But it had more of a "Wow" factor than these.

The part that is disappointing is blogger Domashev as the main antagonist. If most of the video games can get Doom right it's too bad the movies will fail at bringing Doom to the screen. Right now, probably the best version of Doom was probably seen in Marvel Ultimate Alliance's cut scenes.

This is Doom in all his glory IMO, folks

You mean, fail to deliver a classic version of Doom.
    This version of Doom, as alien of the source material it seems right now, might end-up being a good surprise within the movie narrative.
    I'm dreading the moment we'll see him on-screen, I myself have my doubt about it...
    But at the same time, just look at Quicksilver in DOFP, prior to the movie release he wasn't exactly awe-inspiring either, and was suffering an impressive level of vitriol on this forum for that...
    Then the movie came out, turns out Quicksilver was a major plus for the movie...
    I'm fine if this Doom follows this kind of trajectory too.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    This movie looks FANTASTIC. I think a big part of the reason is that Trank doesn't have to try to cater to the MCU die-hard fans, who probably won't be seeing the movie anyway, and can focus on making a good FILM without loading it up with stupid Easter Eggs and cameos.
    I don't know how true this will end up being. Even without being part of the MCU there might easter eggs and cameos to things to things that are under Fox's umbrella in terms of rights. Who knows? Might see an X-Men reference since there was that old rumor that there would be a FF/X-men joint movie.

Regardless, this teaser should help the movie's public perception a bit more due the controversy over the Doom report.

Astonishing Member

I'm really not sure wanting this film to fail is a good mindset to go with.

The average filmgoer does not care about which studio owns the property. They care about the property. If Fox screws this up and the rights revert, we still wouldn't get a FF movie till 2020 AFTER the last Avengers film planned. On top of that, the property may be seen as toxic by the larger mainstream consumer base and make it even more difficult to bring a "proper" FF film that adheres closely the comics.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Well, we are going to have disagree there. If only because Avengers 2 had that awesome twisted Pinocchio song and James Spader.
    Truth. I liked that part about the trailer myself. Plus you have the bonus of a shared MCU which Fox lacks until they decide to do a FF / X-Men crossover.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    You mean, fail to deliver a classic version of Doom.
    This version of Doom, as alien of the source material it seems right now, might end-up being a good surprise within the movie narrative.
    I'm dreading the moment we'll see him on-screen, I myself have my doubt about it...
    But at the same time, just look at Quicksilver in DOFP, prior to the movie release he wasn't exactly awe-inspiring either, and was suffering an impressive level of vitriol on this forum for that...
    Then the movie came out, turns out Quicksilver was a major plus for the movie...
    I'm fine if this Doom follows this kind of trajectory too.
    I doubt I will like it because I already was disappointed how Fox dropped the ball with him the first time. For me Classic Doom is the only Doom I want to see and that looks like it will never happen. For this film? Maybe they should have gone with Annihilus. He could have been really scary concept if done right.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Looks good got me wanting to take a look at this.

BANNED

I'm EXCITED this actually looks like a cool sci-fi yarn! I had horrible expectations when I read all the rumors about it being teenagers and "found footage style" etc but the FF is really in need of a more serious, cinematic take on the mythos. We've already seen the goofy, comic-booky Tim Story films and honestly that was as close to as Marvel would most likely do it. This is something more akin to the Ultimate line and I'm all for a modern retooling of the origin to make the story more relevant and interesting. I'm officially on board now!

Spectacular Member

I've gone from wanting it to fail only to revert back to Marvel to really wanting to see it.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I dunno if it'll be Cronenberg, but it looks cool. A lot of people are hating but I think it should blow away those cheesy popcorn Marvel movies they like so much. Different strokes.

Better than I was expecting, but I am sill a bit worried where they are going with it. Wait and see....

BANNED

Looked better than I thought it would. My mind had disaster written all over it beforehand. I'll need another trailer because I feel this one was put together for comic book fans. I've heard reports of what this movie is supposed to be like, but the trailer gives off something different.

This is a film that I'll have to wait on reviews I trust before viewing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I dunno if it'll be Cronenberg, but it looks cool. A lot of people are hating but I think it should blow away those cheesy popcorn Marvel movies they like so much. Different strokes.
    Sounds like you're hating on Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    This whole movie looks like Ben Grimm's nightmare. Dark, dreary and without any hope. Where is the FANTASTIC in Fantastic Four? Nothing about this put me in awe. I don't know, it just isn't doing it for me.
    That is one of the reasons why the rights need to revert back to Marvel.