Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I dunno if it'll be Cronenberg, but it looks cool. A lot of people are hating but I think it should blow away those cheesy popcorn Marvel movies they like so much. Different strokes.
    I don't know about that. I liked the trailer, I liked Trank's earlier effort Chronicle quite a bit, I loooove me some creepy Cronenberg, but I also have liked or loved almost all the Marvel Studios movies. There's no reason it needs to be one or the other. For my money (quite literally) I'd prefer if Disney/Marvel, Fox, Sony, and WB were all bringing out high quality superhero moves in a range of moods and styles.

Looked dark and moody... Just like the last one, and the one before that.
    They are doing the origin story... AGAIN

This stinks of just doing the movie for to keep the rights.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    I don't know about that. I liked the trailer, I liked Trank's earlier effort Chronicle quite a bit, I loooove me some creepy Cronenberg, but I also have liked or loved almost all the Marvel Studios movies. There's no reason it needs to be one or the other. For my money (quite literally) I'd prefer if Disney/Marvel, Fox, Sony, and WB were all bringing out high quality superhero moves in a range of moods and styles.
    I agree. We need a wide range of super hero movies or the genre will get even more stale more quickly than it already is.

Incredible Member

What I want is an FF movie that brings the grandeur of King Kirby to life. None of the Marvel based movies, even the ones I've like, have done this. If this movie is based more or less on the Ultimate versions, it probably won't either.

Quote Originally Posted by themasething View Post
    Looked dark and moody... Just like the last one, and the one before that.
    They are doing the origin story... AGAIN

This stinks of just doing the movie for to keep the rights.
    I didnt watch "Rise of the Surfer", but I really dont recall the first FF film being dark or moody at all. Of course, this was a long time ago, so maybe Im mistaken, but I recall a lot of bright colors, bad jokes, and threats that werent really that threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Agreed. I often suspect that the complaints you read about with shows like Arrow and Man of Steel are less about the quality of the product itself, and more "This isnt like Avengers". Not always of course, and there are certainly things worth nitpicking about in any movie, but a lot of the hate really seems to stem from that sort of mindset. I personally love that WB is taking a more grounded, "drama over comedy" approach to their films, and I like that the X-Men films are somewhere in between the "DC method" and "Avengers method".

I loved Chronicle, and I hope this film does well, just for the sake of the genre. I have my doubts, and unless something changes, I wont be seeing it in theaters. But I'd rather see it succeed than fail. If it fails, the FF are dead in the water for the better part of a decade, and none of us want the general public to start thinking that they're over the superhero movie fad. The only way that will happen is if we get bad movies. So for that alone, I hope FF does well.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Truth. I liked that part about the trailer myself. Plus you have the bonus of a shared MCU which Fox lacks until they decide to do a FF / X-Men crossover.
    Why does everything need to be a shared universe. I think the Fantastic Four and X-men are interesting enough on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Why does everything need to be a shared universe. I think the Fantastic Four and X-men are interesting enough on their own.
    Because it's fun seeing superheroes team up and interact with one another.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    Because it's fun seeing superheroes team up and interact with one another.
    You'll have four superheroes teaming up and interacting with each other the whole time. No shared universe needed.

BANNED

http://www.newsarama.com/23350-the-f...reactions.html

Reactions from Newsarama staff. the vast majority are very positive.

the trailer does'nt impress at all..
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    You'll have four superheroes teaming up and interacting with each other the whole time. No shared universe needed.
    Some of us like when different teams, team up with other teams and even more when it's on the big screen. Cross IP's is fun for many people. There's no need to pretend you don't understand that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    Some of us like when different teams, team up with other teams. There's no need to pretend you don't understand that.
    I wasn't pretending anything. I was responding to what you wrote. No need to take offense.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

* rubbing elbow on desk thinking *

I kind of liked the overture? At least the piano bit of it.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Fantastic Member

It's OK, better than the Ant-man trailer at least. I'm expecting to see more before judging.

the tone of the movie make it seem like it could easily exist alongside the x-men films. shared universe potential still exists for FF.