Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel Teases "Last Days" Of "Magneto"

The Master of Magnetism's daughter Polaris will play a part in the series' "Secret Wars" tie-in.

Full article here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    The Master of Magnetism's daughter Polaris will play a part in the series' "Secret Wars" tie-in.

Full article here.
    Woohoo!!! Let the culling commence!

I'm not sure I'm looking forward to every book going into despair about the end of the world...just sounds like it's gonna be one downer after another.

Still, Magneto has been a solid book.

Well the way they are portraying SW I can't see it being really hopeful. I just hope that the series survives post-SW.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

I think that it's safe to say that this series will survive in one form or another based on the way Bunn answered the last question. In any case, I hope so since it is my favourite X-book.
    XMenGold XMenBlue GenX Cable Iceman AstonishingXMen UncannyAvengers SpectacularSpiderMan SecretWarriors DoctorStrange
    TheFlash Nightwing Supersons TeenTitans Aquaman Deathstroke WildStorm Saga Wicked+Divine Low Descender KillorbeKilled SeventoEternity

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

wait, so Polaris is still her daughter? they'll eventually reveal she isn't, just like Wanda & Pietro, right?
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    wait, so Polaris is still her daughter? they'll eventually reveal she isn't, just like Wanda & Pietro, right?
    No. His two premium kids may have been taken away, but he'll never be able to leave THIS progenital deadweight.

This seriously looks awesome! I just hope that Magneto makes it post Secret Wars.

Out of all his children. Given Polaris powers. It makes sense that she remain his daughter. How many other male or female characters with a similar set of powers exist in the 616 universe. Retconning that makes no sense imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    This seriously looks awesome! I just hope that Magneto makes it post Secret Wars.
    I would not worry imo. Given how popular Michael Fassbender Magneto is it would truly surprise me if they were stupid enough to remove the character from the Marvel Universe.
    Last edited by sureshot; 01-27-2015 at 10:49 AM.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Magneto's solo series is among the wave of solo series that has really raised the bar. But I've seen the sales figures of this series and others like it. Quality alone isn't enough to save even a good title. I think with the recent retcons of the Maximoff twins, it's fitting for Magneto to reconnect with who is now his only living daughter. I'd like to see this series go off on a strong note before Secret Wars overshadows it. But given Marvel's recent treatment of the X-men lately, that might be asking for too much.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Magneto's solo series is among the wave of solo series that has really raised the bar. But I've seen the sales figures of this series and others like it. Quality alone isn't enough to save even a good title. I think with the recent retcons of the Maximoff twins, it's fitting for Magneto to reconnect with who is now his only living daughter. I'd like to see this series go off on a strong note before Secret Wars overshadows it. But given Marvel's recent treatment of the X-men lately, that might be asking for too much.
    I'm not so plugged into it, but how are digital sales? Those are painting a wider picture these days, such as with Ms. Marvel (Not a strong direct market peformer, huge in the digital market).

Ultimate Member

No. She's not part of a big movie coming out in a few months where they don't have the legal rights to use Magneto. So Lorna is safe in that regard, for now anyway.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

wait, so Polaris is still his daughter? they'll eventually reveal she isn't, just like Wanda & Pietro, right?
    They really, really shouldn't, given that her powers are virtually identical to his, lol...
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I'm not sure I'm looking forward to every book going into despair about the end of the world...just sounds like it's gonna be one downer after another.

Still, Magneto has been a solid book.
    Couldn't agree more -- any pathos from all these cash-grab "Last Days" issues has been stolen by Hickman's New Avengers and Avengers work. At least he was honest enough to limit it to a few consolidated panels for his characters. Several issues per title of hand-wringing finality is just overly indulgent and not very interesting to me.

I just hope this survives post Secret wars Cullen Bun has been doing a fantastic job.