Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marvel and Fox negotiate on live action X-Men TV Show

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/191...of-speculation

Good news for fans...

My questions:

1. I wonder what or who Marvel will get back from this?..
    2. Could it be set in the MCU?
    3. Who will the show be based on? If the films are showing the establishment of the team post-first-class... will this be X-factor? X-Force?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    http://www.tvinsider.com/article/191...of-speculation

Good news for fans...

My questions:

1. I wonder what or who Marvel will get back from this?..
    2. Could it be set in the MCU?
    3. Who will the show be based on? If the films are showing the establishment of the team post-first-class... will this be X-factor? X-Force?
    1) $$$
    2) No
    3) The popular choices are X-Factor or New Mutants/Academy X/New X-Men

Incredible Member

X-force is already decided to be a movie. X-factor might be the series they're making(they might use different name to avoid confusion from other show). Though I really want it to be Excalibur(not going to happen though)

X-Force on FX could be dope, but I agree that they are probably building to that as a film. Most likely with Deadpool, Gambit and Wolverine after their upcoming solo films. Use the Marvel model of introducing them (in the case of Wade and Remy) and then team them up along with some others (Cable, Psylocke, Archangel, etc.). That would be my guess anyway based on comments I've read from Simon Kinberg in interviews.

its b/w X-factor(procedural detective type show) or an X- teen series.

I think its very likely going to be X-factor b/c networks love procedural detective shows and the powers depicted are mostly easy to showcase.

Id prefer a teen series myself but the most prominent characters of most of the popular teen books have powers difficult to depict on a tv budget...unless they make a show with the easiest to depict powered teens from various different team books.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    1) $$$
    2) No
    3) The popular choices are X-Factor or New Mutants/Academy X/New X-Men
    All of this!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    X-Force on FX could be dope, but I agree that they are probably building to that as a film. Most likely with Deadpool, Gambit and Wolverine after their upcoming solo films. Use the Marvel model of introducing them (in the case of Wade and Remy) and then team them up along with some others (Cable, Psylocke, Archangel, etc.). That would be my guess anyway based on comments I've read from Simon Kinberg in interviews.
    Cable leading that group would excellent.
    really wondering how they're going to deliver Cable.
    What Marvel movies come out in 2017? TW2?
    Cause I know X-force is 2018.
    The cable we all know and love does not fit in the current FoxVerse.

I would rather have a cartoon series but if this show is supposed to fit in FoxVerse then I'm all in for The X-Academy. Just works in the flow of Apocalypse being released and Xavier starting the school back up.
    Cyclops was right

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    its b/w X-factor(procedural detective type show) or an X- teen series.

I think its very likely going to be X-factor b/c networks love procedural detective shows and the powers depicted are mostly easy to showcase.

Id prefer a teen series myself but the most prominent characters of most of the popular teen books have powers difficult to depict on a tv budget...unless they make a show with the easiest to depict powered teens from various different team books.
    I think you're right that it's going to be based on X-Factor. It would be easy to make an hour long drama from the types of cases that they investigated. They could just rename it X-Men or whatever but that would be the most popular bet.

I think kids like Shark Girl, Pixie, Rockslide, Anole, etc won't look so good on camera. Also with the terrible Gen X Pilot Fox may not want to go there for a kiddie version of the X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think kids like Shark Girl, Pixie, Rockslide, Anole, etc won't look so good on camera. Also with the terrible Gen X Pilot Fox may not want to go there for a kiddie version of the X-Men.
    While Shark Girl is pretty ridiculous, Pixie, Rockslide and Anole shouldn't be a problem, while Mercury could use much the same effect they used for Colossus's skin (just with red hair). And just because the show might focus on the teens doesn't mean it has to be a "kiddie" version.

Really don't see them making a show based on teens as much as i want it. It's hard to imagine them making anything that isn't about the same old faces that everyone knows. Though in the last movie they did throw the slightly obscure Blink in there and people were creaming over her 5-6 minutes of screen time so it's possible people would become fans of teen X Men if it happens. I'd like to see a New Mutants kind of thing where we can have X Kids and characters like Magik,Cannonball,Wolfsbane etc They could also have Karma everyone loves a lesbian character.

If we get a decent New Mutants television series I'll lose my shit...

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Glad to finally see Marvel actually getting involved with the X-Men again
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Sure took them a while to get around to having this conversation. The X-Men tv series has been on the drawing board for months now.

X-23 should be the main character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderllama View Post
    X-23 should be the main character.
    I would actually call Charter up and have them add TV back to my account if they did that.