Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    Based on the promo image, I figured the AoA universe was taken from well earlier in time. Most of the characters on the promo are dead, and the universe itself was cut off from the multiverse at the end of "X-Termination". So merging it at some earlier point (ideally slightly before X-Men: Alpha) is the probable case.
    Sounds about right, the same can be said about House of M with Spidey on there (since he was killed in Spider Verse). And AOA wouldn't be as imposing without the big guy himself. Curious to see if Evan and AOA Apocalypse will cross paths.

Secret Wars: Marvel Zombies by Si Spurrier and Kev Walker

Interview with bloody-disgusting.com
    We need better comics

I find this interview really interesting on an array of fronts, no less because we have a new name for the Wall now - the SHIELD - and the fact it's made to protect those living in the north from the inhumanity of the south, including the Marvel Zombies. We also have an interestingly cryptic line in the interview:

The shield – which is where Elsa has been living and working for years – exists solely to stop the South infecting the North.
    Now of course this could be an alternate Elsa than the 616 version, but in either case it means some domains have been on Battleworld for a long time. Will we be getting a big time jump in Secret Wars? Or is something else afoot?

In any case, looks like Marvel Zombies fans will have two places for their fix come June.

EDIT: I also love the Zombie descriptions of Sabretooth and Carnage, those guys sound horrifying. Again all villain characters, there must be something to that.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 02-26-2015 at 11:18 AM.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Secret Wars: Marvel Zombies by Si Spurrier and Kev Walker

Interview with bloody-disgusting.com
    Yes! Zombies, Elsa Bloodstone, KeV Walker and Si Spurrier. This makes up for the sense of disappointment I felt with the AoU vs MZ announcement. Think I'm looking forward to this one more than any other.

Marvel Zombies. Eh... I'll pass.

Starring Elsa Bloodstone. YESSSS!

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I find this interview really interesting on an array of fronts, no less because we have a new name for the Wall now - the SHIELD - and the fact it's made to protect those living in the north from the inhumanity of the south, including the Marvel Zombies. We also have an interestingly cryptic line in the interview:

Now of course this could be an alternate Elsa than the 616 version, but in either case it means some domains have been on Battleworld for a long time. Will we be getting a big time jump in Secret Wars? Or is something else afoot?

In any case, looks like Marvel Zombies fans will have two places for their fix come June.

EDIT: I also love the Zombie descriptions of Sabretooth and Carnage, those guys sound horrifying. Again all villain characters, there must be something to that.
    That is indeed an interesting line. Could it be that when Earth-616 and the Ultimate Universe mash together in the final incursion that all of reality shifts such that people think all that's ever been is Battleworld? That it has its own long and storied history?

I'd rather have a time jump, though. The thought of decades' worth of new-old continuity would make my head spin! ...Not to mention it would mean this is definitely a reboot, even though they don't want to call it a reboot. Lol.

As for all villain zombies, it could be like you said about the group of villainous zombies from the previous Marvel Zombies stories, or it could be that, as they said in the description for Battleworld, that the worst of the worst criminals are sent to the land of the zombies and, thus, die and become zombies themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Yes! Zombies, Elsa Bloodstone, KeV Walker and Si Spurrier. This makes up for the sense of disappointment I felt with the AoU vs MZ announcement. Think I'm looking forward to this one more than any other.
    Yes, it's very cool. ^.^

"Beneath the über-capable, sarcasm-spouting, unflappable kickass exterior lies a lot of really unique and harrowing stuff. To get at it we're going to peer into her troubled past and spend a little memory-time in the company of Mr Ulysses Bloodstone: adventurer; monster hunter; crappy dad."

Between this and his Legion-themed volume of X-Men: Legacy, Si really seems to have a thing for writing about protagonists with crappy dads, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LocaHoRst View Post
    The events of Secret Wars have brought these two together once more. Yet, hailing from entirely different realities, can these two-star crossed lovers reconcile their feelings for one another – even though they are not the ones they know?! Sure – if they don’t kill each other first! The Kitty Pryde from the Age of Apocalpyse domain learned a long time ago not to trust anyone. Especially strangers from other realities who claim to be her boyfriend!
    Hmm, I wonder if she learned that when she died at her husband's hands... XD
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

I wish we'd get some more info on the Future Imperfect series already. It's the only tie-in I'm really interested in, but I'm REALLY interested in it!
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    That is indeed an interesting line. Could it be that when Earth-616 and the Ultimate Universe mash together in the final incursion that all of reality shifts such that people think all that's ever been is Battleworld? That it has its own long and storied history?

I'd rather have a time jump, though. The thought of decades' worth of new-old continuity would make my head spin! ...Not to mention it would mean this is definitely a reboot, even though they don't want to call it a reboot. Lol.

As for all villain zombies, it could be like you said about the group of villainous zombies from the previous Marvel Zombies stories, or it could be that, as they said in the description for Battleworld, that the worst of the worst criminals are sent to the land of the zombies and, thus, die and become zombies themselves.

"Beneath the über-capable, sarcasm-spouting, unflappable kickass exterior lies a lot of really unique and harrowing stuff. To get at it we're going to peer into her troubled past and spend a little memory-time in the company of Mr Ulysses Bloodstone: adventurer; monster hunter; crappy dad."

Between this and his Legion-themed volume of X-Men: Legacy, Si really seems to have a thing for writing about protagonists with crappy dads, lol.
    I've been thinking about it and I actually think a time jump akin to DC's 52 would be a great idea, revealing in #2 of SW that all the people have been there for about a year already. A year is enough time to make the idea of an established society believable where people have gotten in defined roles, but not so long as, say, ten years where that's just a crazy amount of time. And just like Avengers World is having a prequel to Time Runs Out playing out to reveal backstory with the Cabal and other characters, have a few titles set around the time they first showed up or a point between. AND the other great thing about this idea is if Secret Wars ends with Battleworld removed and a new merged Earth, you can still write Battleworld set titles because you have a year of continuity and concepts to play with!

But personally I definitey don't want a reboot, and don't believe if if Battleworld stays as it is after Secret Wars that it can really be considered as such.

Those silly billies, sending people to be turned into the undead and making the Zombies a BIGGER problem.

And I REALLY loved X-Men Legacy when I found it in the library despite having virtually no knowledge of the characters of Legion or Blindfold, so I am confident despite having the same level with Elsa that I'll probably really enjoy this Marvel Zombies series.

Quote Originally Posted by Talkie Toaster View Post
    I wish we'd get some more info on the Future Imperfect series already. It's the only tie-in I'm really interested in, but I'm REALLY interested in it!
    Yeah I'm the same with Civil War in a way, especially since it was the first teaser and I REALLY wanna know if it's the past of 616 or another dimension and if so what is different... the lack of knowledge can sometimes be annoying, I know.

Not an update but I do love this interview on the 'Kung Fu' mini series which is one I'm more excited about than others. Confirmation of Kun Lun versions of Black Panther, Taskmaster, the 'Spider Clan' and others.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...le-secret-wars

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

If we can believe what Tom has been saying we might well be getting a magical or fantasy based book during Secret Wars, either as a Doctor Strange Book (Eye of Agamotto) or a Sword and Sorcery Book (Higher Avalon).

Anyway the CBR article suggests that LSL will be back after Secret Wars so I'm going to suspect this title is probably a mini?
    The rumor is a Black Knight book.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    The rumor is a Black Knight book.
    Hmmmm, I'd rather have a Captain Britain book to represent Higher Avalon - given his ties to Merlyn and the like - but they could always have him as a supporting character. Hoping Brian (and his missus Meggan) is still alive after NA #30, actually.

BANNED

Black Night in weird world...hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Talkie Toaster View Post
    +

Yeah I'm the same with Civil War in a way, especially since it was the first teaser and I REALLY wanna know if it's the past of 616 or another dimension and if so what is different... the lack of knowledge can sometimes be annoying, I know.
    And I'm that way about X-Men '92! I need more information, stat! XD We've waited long enough, I'm Future Impatient! ... :-P

Those silly billies, sending people to be turned into the undead and making the Zombies a BIGGER problem. ;-)
    Haha, so true. XD Maybe it's a ploy to make sure the zombies don't try to scale the Wall somehow. If they know they'll keep getting fed... ;P

And I REALLY loved X-Men Legacy when I found it in the library despite having virtually no knowledge of the characters of Legion or Blindfold, so I am confident despite having the same level with Elsa that I'll probably really enjoy this Marvel Zombies series.
    Indeed, same here! :-) Although I was a fan of Blindfold beforehand and even more so now.

Not an update but I do love this interview on the 'Kung Fu' mini series which is one I'm more excited about than others. Confirmation of Kun Lun versions of Black Panther, Taskmaster, the 'Spider Clan' and others.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...le-secret-wars
    There's new art, at least.

Well, one's definitely new, the other might just be forgotten by me, lol:

It's Nightwind! The obscure villain from Generation X! (My #1 favorite Marvel comic of all time, lol.)
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Considering the info, im starting to think Battleworld has existed ever since the very first Incursion and that the Final Incursion will just add Earths 616 and 1610 to the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopliss View Post
    Considering the info, im starting to think Battleworld has existed ever since the very first Incursion and that the Final Incursion will just add Earths 616 and 1610 to the mix.
    Now that's a theory that makes sense!

After all, the interactive Battleworld map says "Incursion imminent" with different dates to reveal new info and I have been wondering, all this time, why the incursion of 616 and 1610 would cause AoA and DoFP and such to suddenly appear in a Battleworld. Maybe this is where the fragments of destroyed Earths have been going all this time...?

That would explain how some parts of it can be "years" old.
    Prεtty Pεnny