Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    I like you.
    Hey thanks! lol

I was afraid that comment would be washed away in the flood of posts at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    We are talking Phoenix. Armor or no it wouldn't have mattered. Scott killed the prof because he didn't like being told no.

o
    You try being told no when your ethnicity/race is close to extinction and you have the magic thingie that could bring them back but a bunch of people who should be trying to help/at least in downtime/or in regular time since its people in danger of dying/ keep getting in the way.

Also armor may not have mattered but it still doesn't excuse the fact that Chuck should not have been on the battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Also armor may not have mattered but it still doesn't excuse the fact that Chuck should not have been on the battlefield.
    Why not? He's the only person on the battlefield who has actually taken down the Phoenix Force (well with Jean's help but still....)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    You are wrong again it wasn't just Cyclops everyone decided they wanted to destroy the world the only ones who were against it was Spider-Woman, Kitty Pryde and maybe Spider-Man. If you want to blame anyone you should blame Wolverine for getting them altogether and waking them up in the first place.
    The one waking up people was Layla Miller. And the one responsible for leading a frontal assault against an overpowered force was Cyclops, seriously how irresponsible or stupid one man needs to be in order to think attacking a woman with the power of god is a good idea.

Also no House of M is not the same thing as the Phoenix 5 helping people around the world, and if you actually read all of House of M you would also know it was far from a perfect world and that there was a lot of harm done like humans being persecuted and experimented on and Captain Britain wife getting killed.
    The promised land where you can be happy except you aren't that happy because its being controlled by an overpowered force that can erase/disintegrate you in a second. An irresponsible world created for the sake of vanity. A world created/transformed under the typical "because I can" excuse.

The difference is I use canon to establish my arguments while you are using head canon.
    You are using favoritism to establish your arguments... Otherwise you wouldn't ignore the fact that Xavier never wanted to fight Cyclops, he wanted to help him... And it was Cyclops the one with a desire to kill Xavier, because he was so full of himself.

Cyclops-Xavier.jpg

Cyclops is not an spoiled child and he isn't retarded either, he is a grown and intelligent man and I don't see why he couldn't understand these simple words: "I'M NOT HERE TO ARGUE AND I'M NOT HERE TO FIGHT. I'M HERE TO HELP."

Ungrateful bastard killed the only man who gave a shit about him when he was a teenager.

Also no one is saying Cyclops is a saint we are simply saying he is right. Also another major difference between Cyclops and Wanda is Wanda sought out the power that made her crazy, Cyclops got it forced on him by Iron Man.
    Cyclops DID sought the power of the Phoenix, he in fact planned on using a teenage girl to acomplish such goal.
    Last edited by RoguishGurl; 05-31-2014 at 05:43 PM. Reason: removed rude parts of posts

=Tonamelt;145932]The one waking up people was Layla Miller. And the one responsible for leading a frontal assault against an overpowered force was Cyclops, seriously how irresponsible or stupid one man needs to be in order to think attacking a woman with the power of god is a good idea.

It's the same shit: The promised land where you can be happy except you aren't that happy because its being controlled by an overpowered force that can erase/disintegrate you in a second. An irresponsible world created for the sake of vanity. A world created/transformed under the typical "because I can" excuse.

You are using favoritism to establish your arguments... Otherwise you wouldn't ignore the fact that Xavier never wanted to fight Cyclops, he wanted to help him... And it was Cyclops the one with a desire to kill Xavier, because he was so full of himself.

Cyclops-Xavier.jpg

Cyclops is not an spoiled child and he isn't retarded either, he is a grown and intelligent man and I don't see why he couldn't understand these simple words: "I'M NOT HERE TO ARGUE AND I'M NOT HERE TO FIGHT. I'M HERE TO HELP."

Ungrateful bastard killed the only man who gave a shit about him when he was a teenager.

Cyclops DID sought the power of the Phoenix, he in fact planned on using a teenage girl to acomplish such goal.
    And so the heroes tried to get out of it.

Both SC and Cyke had good intentions but both attempts were wrong in the drastic nature of it. Rewriting reality is wrong. Plan and simple. Forcing people into peace is also wrong. As a Cyke fan I admit that. But at least Cyke didn't mess with reality and it was a slow process of the Avengers attacking them that made him and the P5 force the issue.

Plus he only killed one person and didn't remove the powers of a species that's been hunted to extinction thus leaving them defenseless.

What else were they supposed to do...okay an stealth force may have been a better option but letting an insane woman rewrite reality and letting it stay that way is a horrible idea.
    Cyke killed Xavier because of outside factors and generally being pissed at Xavier for rejecting his work. Cyke has tried Xavier's way and due to editorial mandates they failed. And with the Phoenix he managed to do some good but that failed as well...due to editorial mandates.

Plus its the Phoenix in him. That stuff does things to ya.

And yes Scott did want that power: to save his race. Because of the info he got from his time traveling son who he trusts implicitly and told him that if the teenage girl was taken the world was screwed.

Also using a teenage girl for a great/large goal? Come on Xavier pulled the same thing. The father teaches the son. It's a vicious circle.
    Last edited by AJpyro; 05-31-2014 at 03:58 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    You try being told no when your ethnicity/race is close to extinction and you have the magic thingie that could bring them back but a bunch of people who should be trying to help/at least in downtime/or in regular time since its people in danger of dying/ keep getting in the way.

Why? He loved his son. He was willing to risk his life to save him from himself. Too bad that didn't work. Please not once when he had the Phoenix did he try to restart the mutant gene or give it to the one person that could. not once, so you spare me the whole my race is at oblivion speech. As Phoenix Scott didn't care about restarting the mutant race, all he cared about was power.

o

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Why? He loved his son. He was willing to risk his life to save him from himself. Too bad that didn't work. Please not once when he had the Phoenix did he try to restart the mutant gene or give it to the one person that could. not once, so you spare me the whole my race is at oblivion speech. As Phoenix Scott didn't care about restarting the mutant race, all he cared about was power.

o
    I really have no other explanation for the whole fix the world thing. I guess I can go with the power corrupting him. Absolute/Cosmic power and all that. If Scott was in his right mind, and could do so, he would've restarted the mutant race.

Maybe it was a long term thing. I mean why repopulate a species if they are going to come into the world that's as crappy as Marvel? So why not try to spruce things up to make it better for everyone? And yes I can see the Scarlet witch argument in there.

As for the Professor...maybe its my inner cynic or pragmatist but couldn't he have been using cerebro or some other type of machine in his bid to help cyke? He's admitted he's no match for the Phoenix so wouldn't upping his game be a big help?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonamelt View Post

Cyclops-Xavier.jpg
    Wasn't Xavier holding Scott in his own mind during this scene while the combined force of Avengers and X-Men were attacking Scott in the real world?
    He didn't want to fight Scott, but he was fighting him.

IMHO Charles handled this entire confrontation with Scott very badly.
    By this point he felt like he had no other choice but to take Scott down and it was probably the right call.
    Unfortunately throughout the entire fight he antoginises the out of control super powerful being.
    It's clear Scott is less and less in control of his actions but Xavier continues to belittle and enrage Scott.
    He goes in to help Scott and help the rest of the the world but once Scott starts to

Quote Originally Posted by Tonamelt View Post

He did indeed.
    But for me reading AVX it seems that Scott is completely out of control from the super powerful being that is amplifying his every though and emotion.
    The best example of how out of control he is is the Uncanny X-men #19. The AVX tie-in issue called The Passion of Scott Summers.
    It shows him completely losing it very well.

So for Scott's real sin here is having all these negative emotions buried deep down undealt with,(which many people do),
    and his other fault is not being able to control the Phoenix force, (which not many can).
    So I tend to let Scott away with anything he did Phoenixed up and only hold him accountable for his actions before and after.

Anyway, I should leave it at that as this is a thread about Uncanny X-Men #21, just thought I'd throw in the thought I had reading your post.
    Last edited by anthony_lynch15; 05-31-2014 at 04:30 PM.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

This thread stopped being about the preview a while ago, and there is a thread for the released issue already
    X-23|ROGUE|EMMA FROST|ARCHANGEL|RAT QUEENS|WONDER WOMAN|OYA|PIXIE|THOR|STORM