Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member markallenchi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Nah that's just Walker's art where everyone looks 30 years older and Carol looks like Super Saiyen 3 Goku.
    Hillarious..."Super Saiyen 3".
    Mark Allen Chi

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strangefan View Post
    Strange still behind the scenes, sigh. The problem with Hickman's kind of storytelling is he is telling things in retrospect. NOW we see all the other things that the Illuminati tried before allowing a world to be destroyed. So you are left wondering did he put this in to placate people who were saying "why can't Franklin do something" or "why don't they just make another world" or if it had been his intention all along to write things in this order, so the Illuminati would look just awful to everyone.

Well, I guess if Beyonders want to look like someone, they can, so supposedly our traditional "Beyonder" looked human. Or he was simply using the title to describe his power set, and is still his retcon Inhuman self. We finally have our Ivory Kings, but we need to see who Rabum Alal is, but from what Strange indicated a couple issues back it seems that both sides are working on death of everything. The fact that there are less than 2 dozen universes left shows they have been highly successful. Will be interesting to see why they are hanging with Hank Pym.

I wonder if everyone will shave in Secret Wars. Except for the rest of the heroes knowing about Strange and the Black Priests it seems all secrets are finally out in the open. If we are missing all the incursions until the final one I guess the next two issues will be exposition leading up to the final incursion and then Secret Wars.
    Agreed. He should have been SHOWING the Illuminati trying other things throughout his run. To sell the hopelessness of it all and thus make them seem more sympathetic (both because they're conflicted and because we SEE them trying a bunch of other stuff and just failing). But instead he just decide to dump that on us all at once in awkward backstory/exposition, which was a mistake imo. Show don't tell Hickman.

BANNED

I love this issue, Hickman's making it very clear that regardless of anything these heroes are in over their heads and there's nothing they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Agreed. He should have been SHOWING the Illuminati trying other things throughout his run. To sell the hopelessness of it all and thus make them seem more sympathetic (both because they're conflicted and because we SEE them trying a bunch of other stuff and just failing). But instead he just decide to dump that on us all at once in awkward backstory/exposition, which was a mistake imo. Show don't tell Hickman.
    I think because the story involved an 8 month time jump, it required a good deal of telling rather than showing. A lot of that stuff obviously happened in that 8 months and they're not going to necessarily want to show it all.

Plus, they were all avenues which were destined to fail. They were less part of the actual story and more closing up plot holes to justify the idea that they had no other options except the bombs and the Cabal.

Though I do think if the entire Captain Britian corps is annihilated, that's something that DOES need to be shown. It's unfair not to in that specific case.

Quote Originally Posted by markallenchi View Post
    Hillarious..."Super Saiyen 3".
    She should really only be drawn that way when she's powered up as Binary.

Amazing Member

Ever since the Time Runs Out story started, I could only pick up one of the Avengers lineups. Unfortunately, I picked up Avengers, and not New Avengers. So Rabum Alal is supposed to be the Big Bad, but the Ivory Kings oppose him? Until we know specifics, their end game is still the same, and that's the end of everything. Are the Ivory Kings supposed to be on the same power level? I thought I read that some speculation that Rabum Alal was going to be The Beyonder, but now the Ivory Kings are Beyonders? Guess it makes sense now, since their Ivory....unless they look different. Who could Rabum Alal be? Future Franklin? Someone speculated in one of the threads it was Hyperion.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Spider View Post
    But in a issue of Spider-Verse the reality monitoring Spider-UK came to learn of the Great Hunt when Morlun was detected on Earth-1983, killing the Spider-Man of that world. After watching two other Spider-Totem-connected people, he ran to warn Saturnyne and Roma of the murders. However, Saturnyne, more distraught over the Incursions, grew angry at what she felt was something insignificant and ordered Rona to throw him out.
    Yes, Incursions have been happening for a while, from before Black Swan's first appearance in New Avengers #1. But there was still an eight-month time jump, during which things have gotten much, much worse to the tune of less than two dozen universes remaining, and Spider-Verse happens before that time jump.

Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah View Post
    Ever since the Time Runs Out story started, I could only pick up one of the Avengers lineups. Unfortunately, I picked up Avengers, and not New Avengers. So Rabum Alal is supposed to be the Big Bad, but the Ivory Kings oppose him? Until we know specifics, their end game is still the same, and that's the end of everything. Are the Ivory Kings supposed to be on the same power level? I thought I read that some speculation that Rabum Alal was going to be The Beyonder, but now the Ivory Kings are Beyonders? Guess it makes sense now, since their Ivory....unless they look different. Who could Rabum Alal be? Future Franklin? Someone speculated in one of the threads it was Hyperion.
    I believe Hickman has stated the Great Destroyer is a new character. Though he stated this at the very start of his story so it's possible we've been introduced to him since then and we just don't know it yet. Maybe it's Thane or something.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I believe Hickman has stated the Great Destroyer is a new character. Though he stated this at the very start of his story so it's possible we've been introduced to him since then and we just don't know it yet. Maybe it's Thane or something.

i have been convinced it is Thane

why introduce him in Infinity and then have him disappear. Hickman doesn't make useless characters.

Maybe Ebony Maw is the real great destroyer using Thane as his power source? Manipulating him like he did Strange? Maw was in THano's black order/death cult... maybe Maw found a better way to please death by destorying every single universe.

*shrugs*
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It would make no sense for Thane to be the Great Destroyer based on what we've seen so far.

I really enjoyed this issue as I have the whole series. I just hope that he can wrap it up in a satisfactory manner. There is 4 issues remaining of New Avengers and 4 issues left of Avengers. Eight issues seems like a lot, but there are still a lot of irons in the fire. I hope something doesn't get short changed.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Quote Originally Posted by ShaokhaN View Post
    It would make no sense for Thane to be the Great Destroyer based on what we've seen so far.
    Even if it was, remember it would be the Thane of an alternate universe. The Incursions started with the Great Destroyer's home universe, which is not the 616.

Maybe after Black Vortex it will make more sense that an alternate Thane could be responsible. Or maybe it's the birth of whatever gestates within the Galactus Seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap10nate View Post
    I really enjoyed this issue as I have the whole series. I just hope that he can wrap it up in a satisfactory manner. There is 4 issues remaining of New Avengers and 4 issues left of Avengers. Eight issues seems like a lot, but there are still a lot of irons in the fire. I hope something doesn't get short changed.
    To a degree at least I think we know the ending at least for Hickman's Avengers book. I think it's sort of a "too be continued in Secret Wars" thing. So I don't think it'll be satisfying as far as wrapping things up and bringing closure to everything.

Still, there's a hell of a lot of build up going on... it does need a hell of a pay off in the end.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Did they kill Franklin?!

Also interesting that the Beyonders are a race, not just one person.
    Not a revelation. The Beyonders were known a long time before that one person showed his ugly perm.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Even if it was, remember it would be the Thane of an alternate universe. The Incursions started with the Great Destroyer's home universe, which is not the 616.

Maybe after Black Vortex it will make more sense that an alternate Thane could be responsible. Or maybe it's the birth of whatever gestates within the Galactus Seed.
    Yeah, I was sort of wondering how tied everything is together.

If Thane were hypothetically going to become the Great Destroyer, it's possible Black Vortex could essentially be the seeds to that. I know the Destroyers birth was in an alternate unvierse but "birth" may not be literal. Maybe in Black Vortex he becomes the Great Destroyer in another universe or something.

This is probably not the case as both Bendis and Hickman tend to do their own thing... but ya never know.