Page 239 of 241 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241 LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 3610

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    How was Cyborg under Bryan Hitch?
    he got a more consistent characterization than he got under Johns and had a more consistent voice. Johns certainly gave him moments over the years but there were peaks in valleys. Hitch wrote Cyborg noticeably different especially in later arcs of his run. He wasn't backgrounded or wall paper. Art wasn't great but it was the same for all the characters.

Hitch technically has two to 3 runs depending on how you break it down. In Hitch's first Justice League story. Justice League of America, Cyborg gets a pretty awesome moment in issue 1 where he sees the Justice League. After that he doesn't do too much, working with his dad investigating tech and Hitch has Batman one up him because Cyborg is trying to access a computer or wifi or something in the Batcave but he can't access it because Batman.

He's around for a little bit. Than he gets some hacking and boom tube feats in like issue 7 or 9.

In Justice League Rebirth they fight this Starro rip off Kaiju type being. Cyborg is pretty solid. Fighting alongside the league. I think he gets a pretty huge boom tube feat reminiscent of what he did against the parademons.

He has moments here and there throughout Hitch's tenure. Some more fighting feats we meet Vic's son from the future. I think the biggest part people overlook he gets more dialogue and is shown to be more of an equal member alongside the rest of the Justice League. He's not backgrounded to the degree he was in the past after JLA. More consistent dialogue and interactions.

No real world building for the character tho. I don't really know what DC's doing in that regard they had two good writers make strides in establishing a post-Titans mythos only to retcon and ignore those stories.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Uneventful. Then Priest for some reason had him call Batman "boss"...
    That was cringy.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

in the animated universe Cyborg's given a little more agency, partly due to the fact you've got Shemar Moore voicing him and he's not coming in for one or two lines.

I'm not in love with the directing of some of the direct to dvd movies and I know for a fact two of them were rushed. Justice League War and one other and you can tell by some of the animation scenes.

He's still given a decent amount of characterization relative to his teammates. Despite getting shredded in two of his last 3 appearances.

If nothing else since DC seems content with his design and physiology I wish writers would stop having him get ripped to shreds every now and than just because they made him 90% robot. Or at least let the other Justice League members get brutalized in similar fashions. This is why I really appreciate Semper going out of his way to keep things consistent.
    Last edited by Jabare; 06-29-2018 at 02:12 PM.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    That was cringy.
    that's just Priest being meta, more to DC editorial than to fans.

I'd love to talk to Priest to see if he had a bigger story arc planned for Cyborg before they pulled him off the book. He highlighted some emphasized some key points in the Justice League team dynamic an especially with Cyborg and Batman. I didn't really care for the arc as much but I wonder if Priest was building to something.

DC honestly needs to be more consistent with Cyborg, its pretty crazy. When Jim Lee gave him his new 52 look, the designs would change from artist to artist, especially his back. Than we had Walker's run which conflicted with Johns Justice League. You could tell they tried to make them fit in two issues of Justice League, but in the end they ultimately decided to ignore everything Walker did and just roll it back. Than Semper had his run not referencing anything from Walker's run and that run was even rolled back despite it being pretty close to current Cyborg.

DC has ignored Cyborg One Million, which seemed like a pretty big power up.

I don't know what Wolfman was doing. I guess he was bored or needed cash.

You can't keep taking the character in big new directions and than rolling them back.

I'm annoyed they are redoing Justice League Odyssey. I want to read the original issues promised.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'm annoyed they are redoing Justice League Odyssey. I want to read the original issues promised.
    I must have either missed something or I just don't understand the comment, but what do you mean they are "redoing" JL Odyssey?

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw it was delayed.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-29-2018 at 02:51 PM.

I've always wondered if Cyborg needs to get haircuts but he probably just "digitally" himself a shapeup.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Cyborg having to get haircuts would be nice. Means he's less like a zombie and a little more humans, but I'm guessing no one will address this. Maybe it will get a line or two in one of the dvd movies for a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I must have either missed something or I just don't understand the comment, but what do you mean they are "redoing" JL Odyssey?
    I probably didn't phrase that correctly.

https://www.newsarama.com/40610-orig...to-artist.html

The first two issues were scrapped and they are redoing (rewriting) them which is why the first issue has been pushed back 7 weeks.

I just want to read those original issues.
    The J-man

Just found out Cyborg was in Supersons 15 and 16. I wouldn't rush to pick it up for him tho it's like a Batman comic appearance. He starts off looking good but ultimately gets hacked by the big bad and taken down by Demian afterwards, so basically like most or all of his Batman appearances.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

He would look amazing like this.Attachment 67668
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Incredible Member

Anyone see the trailer for Wreck it Ralph Breaks the Internet? I always thought a Cyborg book should deal more with Vic getting lost in cyberspace, a digital world, kinda like in Digimon, and that Wreck it Ralph trailer just reminded me why.

Not only does it have a lot of imaginative visual potential, to me there's interesting territory there about the modern connected world, modern communication (or lack there of) in the digital age, isolation, how it relates to self-esteem, self-image, etc.
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 06-30-2018 at 03:01 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    Anyone see the trailer for Wreck it Ralph Breaks the Internet? I always thought a Cyborg book should deal more with Vic getting lost in cyberspace, a digital world, kinda like in Digimon, and that Wreck it Ralph trailer just reminded me why.

Not only does it have a lot of imaginative visual potential, to me there's interesting territory there about the modern connected world, modern communication (or lack there of) in the digital age, isolation, how it relates to self-esteem, self-image, etc.
    The H8-Bit arc in John Semper's run had some of that. Quite a bit of it, actually, even though it didn't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post

That concept sounds similar to MegaMan Battle Network/NT Warrior too. That franchise also utilises the concept of a Cyberworld.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think one of the upcoming Vertigo books deals with a cyberworld.

DC has never properly used current Cyborg's abilities in terms of the internet, digital devices, social media. You could literally have in engaging story just about that. Half of DC writers think its still the 90s in terms of technology.

Johns had that one arc with Grid. Than we had Semper for like two arcs. Walker kind of.....but kind of not. Nobody writes Cyborg's digital abilities and interfacing with any creativity or depth. IN THIS DAY IN AGE WHERE EVERYDAY LIFE IS SO TIED TO WIFI AND DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY.

He should literally be able to change traffic control vehicles, financial records, purchases, social media. He should literally be able to track and locate anyone in a day and age where there is no privacy. There are so many different implications for his abilities.

Half the time writers have Batman or other tech'd out heroes do the things Cyborg can.
    The J-man

One of the things I loved was in the Justice League film where Vic was aware of Diana searching him out and then communicating with her with text on screen. Something you know he didn't have to type out. Just through thought. Where's that creativity?

What does his chest emblem do?

Can his limbs combine into a more powerful weapon?

Are his arms the only thing that transform?

Where does he stand with regard to looking human?
    a) Full-fledge nanite transformation to his original form or just hologram?
    b) Can he look like anybody?

What are his definitive offensive and defensive capabilities?

Isn't he beyond downloading updates and software patches when he's an advanced alien technology?

These are the things we need to know in order to connect with this character fully. Advance the concept.

We know he's a man. We know he's technology. Now fill us in on the rest.