Page 231 of 241 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 3610

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/cyborg-dc-universe-live-action/

Definitely didn't see this coming! Cyborg on TV is a pleasant surprise.
    while i'm ecstatic that we're getting a Doom Patrol show, i'm not a big fan of Cyborg bringing them together. It shows that DC/WB is never going to try and make Cyborg more of a wish-fulfillment character as they put him with a team of "tragic freaks". he's a man who has been fitted with god tech! he should be able to do so much more. seems like he'll always be the disfigured half man.

besides, being the tragic robot is Cliff Steele's role.
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-14-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/cyborg-dc-universe-live-action/

Definitely didn't see this coming! Cyborg on TV is a pleasant surprise.
    Well, not really on TV since it's a streaming service .

I always just find it hilarious the lengths WB will go to not put Cyborg in anything remotely connected to the Titans outside the cartoon show. Like, you'll make him central to a Titans spinoff, but not actually feature him with the Titans team.

I'm also not sure how I feel about having Cyborg on the Doom Patrol as a Robotman stand-in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    while i'm ecstatic that we're getting a Doom Patrol show, i'm not a big fan of Cyborg bringing them together. It shows that DC/WB is never going to try and make Cyborg more of a wish-fulfillment character as they put him with a team of "tragic freaks".
    Yeah, Vic really doesn't need to steal Cliff's shtick.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm also not sure how I feel about having Cyborg on the Doom Patrol as a Robotman stand-in.

Are we sure he's supposed to be a member? I'm hoping it's a "big time hero comes down from on high to recruit a team for a mission" kinda thing. Hopefully he guest stars here or there, just to keep an eye on the Patrol, and that's it. Sort of like their League liaison. And really, that's not a bad place for him, and he does have the tortured past of self doubt to help him connect to the Patrol's members.

If Vic is a member of the team, I'll be sad. If he's an example of how you can take a bad hand and turn it into a positive, that'll work.

I want to see more Vic in all media, but not as the tortured half-man unsure of his own humanity. It's a real gods damn shame when the best version of him is the one on Teen Titans Go. That show, which my daughter loves, annoys me endlessly but their Vic is well adjusted, confident, and happy with what and who he is.
    Last edited by Ascended; 05-14-2018 at 06:25 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Are we sure he's supposed to be a member? I'm hoping it's a "big time hero comes down from on high to recruit a team for a mission" kinda thing. Hopefully he guest stars here or there, just to keep an eye on the Patrol, and that's it. Sort of like their League liaison. And really, that's not a bad place for him, and he does have the tortured past of self doubt to help him connect to the Patrol's members.

If Vic is a member of the team, I'll be sad. If he's an example of how you can take a bad hand and turn it into a positive, that'll work.

I want to see more Vic in all media, but not as the tortured half-man unsure of his own humanity. It's a real gods damn shame when the best version of him is the one on Teen Titans Go. That show, which my daughter loves, annoys me endlessly but their Vic is well adjusted, confident, and happy with what and who he is.
    He seems to be a driving force for the team here, but the fact that they're even associating him with the team here (instead of the Titans) and that Robotman isn't mentioned in the press release leaves me to believe Cyborg's filling in for Cliff for some odd reason.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Except it's not.
    Well, yeah, it is. But I think it might just be better if someone made a sticky thread on the subject. Its something I see popping up a lot, lately.

You mean, being a man trapped in the body of something inhuman aka the "Thing Complex"? Yeah, well unfortunately that seems to be the direction DC's been recycling for Cyborg for the past several years now. And, fair enough, it was something that the character had to work through back in the 80s when he was first introduced, but that's the thing, he moved past that....thanks to his friends on the Titans.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 05-14-2018 at 07:43 PM.

Fantastic Member

He seems to be a driving force for the team here, but the fact that they're even associating him with the team here (instead of the Titans) and that Robotman isn't mentioned in the press release leaves me to believe Cyborg's filling in for Cliff for some odd reason.
    Robotman is part of the team. He's played by Jake Michaels.
    Last edited by ross61; 05-14-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Robotman is part of the team. He's played by Jake Michaels.
    I know he was cast for the Titans but I didn't see his name in the press release, which is all the more conspicuous since it's...y'know, Robotman.

Fantastic Member

I know he was cast for the Titans but I didn't see his name in the press release, which is all the more conspicuous since it's...y'know, Robotman.
    He’s mentioned first on DC’s official site.

Mighty Member

You can't have Doom Patrol without Robotman.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Fantastic Member

Ray Fisher honestly deserves better than WB/DC Comics. I remember Ray did more to up Cyborg's profile in a few months than DC Comics did in the better part of a decade. And it blows my mind that we've got a director attached to New Gods (a movie that came out of nowhere) before a Cyborg movie (and it's debateable that the film is even still in production).

Most of his scenes were cut from the Justice League movie, and the film was so bad that it pretty much tanked Cyborg's solo profile before it ever had a chance to take root. Cyborg could have been an nice property for DC, but they decided to squander it.

Oh well...at least Ray Fisher is getting work. He's gonna be great on True Detective, working with Oscar winner Mahershala Ali!

Squandering and ruining great material is what WB does on an alarmingly frequent basis. They do nothing but devalue and destroy entire character brands that have been around for more than half a century. It's quite sad when WB actually manages to get something right feels like an anomaly.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-17-2018 at 06:53 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyFan View Post
    Ray Fisher honestly deserves better than WB/DC Comics. I remember Ray did more to up Cyborg's profile in a few months than DC Comics did in the better part of a decade. And it blows my mind that we've got a director attached to New Gods (a movie that came out of nowhere) before a Cyborg movie (and it's debateable that the film is even still in production).

Most of his scenes were cut from the Justice League movie, and the film was so bad that it pretty much tanked Cyborg's solo profile before it ever had a chance to take root. Cyborg could have been an nice property for DC, but they decided to squander it.

Oh well...at least Ray Fisher is getting work. He's gonna be great on True Detective, working with Oscar winner Mahershala Ali!
    This post is so ludicrous I don’t even know how to respond.

And the post after it it even worse!

And you don't have to feel like you need to respond. I mean, the facts kind of speak for themselves, don't they.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-17-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Fantastic Member

They don’t, because these are opinions.

Must be quite a popular opinion when it translates to commercial failure as well.