Page 185 of 241 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3610
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborguy View Post
    He can increase his size now? He's made up of advanced technology so there should be a lot he should be able to do. But this wasn't something I'd expect. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post

The finale! Hopefully this leads to a new direction once and for all. Nice cover.
    I like it, but it's still too busy.

Obviously we can't judge the new look (assuming this isn't just artistic liberty) off one headshot, and I'm not, but this image has a little too much going on for my tastes.

I normally don't complain about high-detail on costumes. I like a little bit of movie-design sensibility in my comics. But Vic should look sleek, like a next-gen iPhone, and there's a lot of seams and lines here that don't need to be. Especially on the nose. It looks like he's wearing nose armor. I like the....disc.....things.....on his jaw, and with the lines there's a very subtle Kirby influence at work (which I totally approve of) but the whole thing could stand to be cleaned up a tiny bit.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

https://www.newsarama.com/36219-dc-s...r-coaster.html

Six Flags is making a Cyborg themed ride.

Cyborg #16 Preview: http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-p...?sf110637270=1

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/36219-dc-s...r-coaster.html

Six Flags is making a Cyborg themed ride.
    Cool. I love Vic, but I'm good on any kind of roller coaster or whatever.

Astonishing Member

It's interesting how this Victor gave in to his angry of his situation, growing petulant and conceited as means of coping through it.

Also, nice call back to that "illusion" Cyborg Vic faced when he was Boom-tube hopping a few issues back.

So there's the Cyberverse and the Digiverse now? The Digiverse/Digital Universe has billions of worlds that have reached the singularity but have forgotten they're in a world that's both digital and real or something. The inhabitants can't interact with the other code, but Cyborg can because he's an outsider. And Mother Boxes are apart of it or an example. Fascinating.

The Digiverse Anomaly is so freaky looking. Overall, I enjoyed it. The Digital Universe stuff was the most interesting to me.

Astonishing Member

So there's the Cyberverse and the Digiverse now? The Digiverse/Digital Universe has billions of worlds that have reached the singularity but have forgotten they're in a world that's both digital and real or something. The inhabitants can't interact with the other code, but Cyborg can because he's an outsider. And Mother Boxes are apart of it or an example. Fascinating.

The Digiverse Anomaly is so freaky looking. Overall, I enjoyed it. The Digital Universe stuff was the most interesting to me.
    Agreed. I also love how Cyborg just totally miniaturized his counterpart like it was nothing, once he realized where he was. That was pretty cool!

Same. That was a great showing. Would be nice seeing Vic go back and explore more of the Digiverse at some point in the future.

I guess this digiverse thing explains the "giant Cyborg" pic we saw.

So do we know what happens to the book post-#18? Is Semper leaving? Is Conrad staying? Does it get renumbered? After all #19 is supposed to come out only a few weeks after the Justice League movie, so I believe the one thing that's for sure is it won't get canceled since it would obviously be a really bad timing. Any predictions?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So do we know what happens to the book post-#18? Is Semper leaving? Is Conrad staying? Does it get renumbered? After all #19 is supposed to come out only a few weeks after the Justice League movie, so I believe the one thing that's for sure is it won't get canceled since it would obviously be a really bad timing. Any predictions?
    I imagine Semper is gone. DC has to have heard the cries of Semper's dialogue being so dated. They've got to make a splash.

I'd be thrilled if Conrad stays on.

A more modern/advanced look is a must. Failure to address that is just going to lead to more of the same (valid) complaints.

Incredible Member

This was a great issue!

My thoughts:
    spoilers:

- Anomaly plays it smart!
    - Sorry Vic, Superman is not coming here at any moment. He's probably a inhabitant of the Kryptonian singularity, tho.
    - I thought Vic would fight the infected Dr. Will Magnus in the previous issue, but the metal men there were only sentries. That was a weird preview.
    - Anomalies!
    - Cyborg vs Cyborg
    - As I suspected, Vic was in a simulated world!
    - The Digiverse is one hell of a concept. A world both real and digital of interconnected matrioshka brains that form into a omni-mother box. Universal Singularity by the way of Jack Kirby? Sign me up!
    - Victor just got his Neo moment and is now taking control of the simulation.
    end of spoilers

I hope that once we get a new writter, they keep Semper's work. Semper has been doing good work. Maybe the dialogue is a bit off, but overall I'm liking this title.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well what would be worst keep the book going despite it being the worst seller of those in said film or axing before that film comes out?

If you keep it going-DC gets called out like crazy for why is this book at the bottom and then get run through the coals over how Cyborg's push got treated versus not only Black Panther, Miles, Luke Cage but Duke Thomas too. TO me that is a bigger PR nightmare.

Semper can't fix a mess he didn't make.

DC can't make a store sell Cyborg as many have refused for various reasons.

If it was ME-this is what I would do... since Cyborg has been the least seen leaguer-why not make November HIS MONTH?

Cyborg cover variants on certain books.

4 Cyborg one shots by Johns, Wolfman and Hudlin with Conrad art.

In Justice League-a Cyborg centric storyline starts beyond man versus machine arc.

And IF only IF I could get away with it-have that 4th one shot have Cyborg book tube his way to a certain CITY-where he runs into some black kid with dreads, a trench coat with a lighting bolt shirt and sounds like Phil Lamar.

Then announce a new Cyborg series in 2018.

In other words SELL the BLEEP out of Cyborg that month especially if he dose something big in that movie.

No ONE could take issue with any of it because of the movie. It's not like it hasn't been done (looking at you Nick Fury, Blade, Iron man, Thor, Hulk, Peter & eventually Panther & Carol).

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well what would be worst keep the book going despite it being the worst seller of those in said film or axing before that film comes out?
    I think this is a little unfair. Those other Leaguers are huge mainstays in popular culture and have endured and thrived on a global level for close to a century. Vic's been around for a little over thirty years and spent most of those decades as a team player.

His book was never going to sell as well as the others', especially with quality creative teams attached to them. It'd take a name like Johns or Morrison or Ellis to even get close to the numbers of the other Leaguers, and even with that hype, odds are Vic wouldn't equal his teammates in sales. He's just not on that level of popularity. No one is.

Now, should DC have invested in a bigger, more popular creative team right out of the gate? Probably, assuming a big name talent had a story worth telling. I'd rather see a no-name writer who is excited about the character than a major name who's bored and doing it because his WB overlords made him. Should they have been building Vic up better over the last six years? Hell yes. But expecting him to sell as well as Clark, Bruce, and Hal is setting yourself up for disappointment.

And I think cancelling his book on the verge of his live action debut would just be seen as a sign of zero confidence. I mean, how bad do things have to be for a publisher to drop a book right before the character shows up in a huge tentpole movie? That'd just hurt Vic more.

I do like the idea of a Cyborg month quite a lot. Personally, I wouldn't do a few one-shots though. Asking people to spend extra money on a character who hasn't proven himself as a solo property isn't going to generate the kind of sales you'd want to see. What I think *might* work better is a Cyborg Annual and then prominent guest spots in other, popular titles. Have him show up in Flash, Action Comics, and Detective for a couple issues. With enough lead-time the writers can work Vic into their narratives in a way that doesnt make his inclusion feel forced, and you're gonna get wider distribution with established titles than you will with one-shots.

A relaunch and a shiny new #1 on the cover might not hurt either......though I'm not sure about that. I feel like Marvel has really killed the industry on this, and relaunching Vic's book for the third time since 2016 might be seen as a sign of disillusionment and confusion within DC instead of a clear jumping on point for new readers. I could be wrong of course, but Im hesitant to see anything relaunched "just because." Perhaps go in the other direction? If we took every Cyborg issue, including the mini/s, and counted them together, where would that put us? Around 40 issues or so? That puts you within spitting distance of a 50th anniversary issue.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Last edited by Iconic; 09-09-2017 at 12:47 PM.