Page 224 of 241 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 3610

lol I had no expectations for this. My Cyborg fixes will be from the two JL books. Odyssey is already looking like it's doing something different with Vic.

Im disgusted with Cys recent appearances ( Cy #21 and JL 41, 42). I'm tired of this character looking like a chump. Is he made out of toilet paper, why is he always getting torn apart? This is ridiculous

I hope Odyssey pushes him forward.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post

At the end of Odyssey #1

Cyborg: "Team, this mission was a complete success!"
    JPV: "Victor, you lost an arm."
    Cyborg: "Yeah! Only one limb! I never had this kind of luck with the other League."

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    At the end of Odyssey #1

Cyborg: "Team, this mission was a complete success!"
    JPV: "Victor, you lost an arm."
    Cyborg: "Yeah! Only one limb! I never had this kind of luck with the other League."
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Wolfman was boring. I didn’t even bother to finish this, and I’ll be dropping the title. I like Vic, I like that he got a place on the League, but he needs writers who will move forward while respecting what came before. Vic is stuck in the WW rut where every writer comes in and completely disregards what came before, thinking “my run will be definiative”.

At least he’s still on the main League.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    Six issues for Wolfman? Where'd you hear that?
    Attachment 64232
    On his Facebook page.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Im disgusted with Cys recent appearances ( Cy #21 and JL 41, 42). I'm tired of this character looking like a chump. Is he made out of toilet paper, why is he always getting torn apart? This is ridiculous

Priest might have been deliberately being facetious (and perhaps vindictive; who knows with that writer), but they do it because cybernetic/machine characters, like characters with effective healing factors, can get away with bearing the tension and drama of extreme wounds and damages that other characters that don't have these longevity aspects cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chron View Post
    Its annoying how easily cyborg is torn apart/mauled. Its like they think because he’s part machine we want to see him disfigured and put back together. Atleast in the dc you run he could regenerate, making it more of a feat thing. Now it just happens simply as a plot device. Its old, insulting to the character and adds to him being dehumanized. Branching out into other books like Green Arrow and Hal Jordan and the GL Corps really showed me how disappointing Cyborgs runs have been.

Another big issue is with the villains. Outside of the last issues before the break, in which Cyborg was in a Africa, his villains are exclusively tech based. That does not have to be the case in order for his tech powers to be displayed. In fact, against none tech villains, it allows him to display them in a much more impressive fashion imo.
    While there are many things to criticize about Victor, this isn't one of them. Him dealing with tech based enemies gives him a niche to deal with instead of playing tinker, tailor, soldier, spy with whatever they throw at the wall.

I don't have a problem with Vic facing another tech threat. That's his corner. These large mechs may be the closest to facing an interesting one though.

He's not moaning about his situation.

He's not questioning himself.

He didn't sound like an absolute cornball.

Those are pluses. Also, this was the most straight up 'superhero' Vic has come off in his own title. The only thing I could have used was a new look, but I know it's coming.

I like what Wolfman is aiming to do. Now it's just about the execution.

Since it's Wolfman, maybe something will actually stick.

And I'm guessing there'll be a costume switch in the middle of this story to tie in with Odyssey. Liked how the lights were colored blue in this issue tho.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Priest might have been deliberately being facetious (and perhaps vindictive; who knows with that writer), but they do it because cybernetic/machine characters, like characters with effective healing factors, can get away with bearing the tension and drama of extreme wounds and damages that other characters that don't have these longevity aspects cannot.
    When you put it that way they do the same with Wolverine and all his offshoots. Maybe its just bothering me because Cyborgs current situation is bothering me.

Also how old is Cy supposed to be? He looks 30+ most of the time I see him, isn't he supposed to be around Nightwings age?

In the Semper run he turned 22 by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborguy View Post
    In the Semper run he turned 22 by the end.
    Wow, they need to age him down a bit looks wise then. Although I know some people tend to look older than they are (me included)