Page 103 of 241 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3610

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    No problem, I found DC's official say on the issue.

Attachment 35736
    Bwaaaaaahaaahaa!!!!!

Fantastic Member

Wow...so DC's gonna do Cyborg like that? Really? Honestly, this is just creating more bad press for a company that ALREADY is in the dog house (comic wise, film wise, and Public Relations wise).

Let's be real for a second. Cyborg is pretty much the one black hero DC is pushing (and I'm not opposed to Cyborg, he could very well be some kid's Static Shock/John Stewart) But this is getting ridiculous...even for DC. Have they not seen the reaction to Black Panther (both in Civil War and in the comic medium)? Even the small time heroes, like War Machine and Falcon and Nick Fury are getting more play/respect than Cyborg ever got. And it's only a matter of time before Luke Cage's Netflix series sets the charts on fire.

Does DC really think they can beat out Black Panther with a haphazard Cyborg title/appearance in Justice League. They need to really sell this guy, otherwise it'll just look like DC has a problem with black characters (and given their recent history, they probably do) but that's not really something they should advertise.

I bet Warner Brothers is probably wanting to burn the entire DC Comics company to the ground right about now.

So I guess that there's no black-led titles (well only one black led title) in the August month. smh

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    So I guess that there's no black-led titles (well only one black led title) in the August month. smh
    You already know. They can't get even one right.

If it isn't something they branched off of the trinity, they don't know what to do. Asian trinity, teen trinity, children of the trinity, earth 2 trinity, etc.
    Last edited by Iconic; 05-16-2016 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    You already know. They can't get even one right.

If it isn't something they branched off of the trinity, they don't know what to do. Asian trinity, teen trinity, children of the trinity, earth 2 trinity, etc.
    I definitely agree.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyFan View Post
    Wow...so DC's gonna do Cyborg like that? Really? Honestly, this is just creating more bad press for a company that ALREADY is in the dog house (comic wise, film wise, and Public Relations wise).

Let's be real for a second. Cyborg is pretty much the one black hero DC is pushing (and I'm not opposed to Cyborg, he could very well be some kid's Static Shock/John Stewart) But this is getting ridiculous...even for DC. Even the small time heroes, like War Machine and Falcon and Nick Fury are getting more play/respect than Cyborg ever got. And it's only a matter of time before Luke Cage's Netflix series sets the charts on fire.

Does DC really think they can beat out Black Panther with a haphazard Cyborg title/appearance in Justice League. They need to really sell this guy, otherwise it'll just look like DC has a problem with black characters (and given their recent history, they probably do) but that's not really something they should advertise.
    They do. The bodies of so many prove it.

You can not tell me a company can not get Cyborg beyond crying about being a freak.

Have they not seen the reaction to Black Panther (both in Civil War and in the comic medium)?
    He was trending for HOURS on Twitter and Yahoo more than once. All because they put EFFORT in him. They didn't wait for a movie. Two guys who are at DC built him up on an 11 year run of solos-Priest & Hudlin.

BANNED

Funny how people think DC has to beat out Black Panther. BP isnt even in DC's radar and doesnt have to be. Why does it have to be a competition/race between black characters? Why cant we appreciate two characters who happen to be people of color?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Funny how people think DC has to beat out Black Panther. BP isnt even in DC's radar and doesnt have to be. Why does it have to be a competition/race between black characters? Why cant we appreciate two characters who happen to be people of color?
    Exactly! I don't think some of these guys understand how demeaning it sounds to have Black characters in a sub-Category fighting each other for whose more successful.

Why can't we brag on how Panther is on the top of the charts in general rather then the top black character on the charts. Complain about a push for Cyborg or that his title is selling low in general not that he's the lowest selling person of black skin color.
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 05-16-2016 at 08:18 PM.

I think users here are saying DC needs to have an answer in terms of strong representation of black characters, so both publishers can be competent in terms of people of color. I highly doubt anyone in this thread looks down on BP.

We can when effort is being put into both of them. The issue here isn't that people want either Cyborg or Black Panther to fail. It's that we want both to succeed. And right now, with the way Victor is being handled by DC, that's not likely to happen.

Fantastic Member

We certainly can appreciate two black heroes but the problem is DC has given us NOTHING to appreciate when it comes to Cyborg. Cyborg is a black hero, and that automatically makes him important to a lot of people. Let's compare Cyborg to the rest of the Justice League shall we?

It took Cyborg 5 years to get a solo ongoing where the rest of the JL got one immediately.
    While each JL member got to have shining moments, and good build up throughout the 5 years of New 52, Cyborg just sat in the tower and cried...and got bossed around by Batman.
    While the JL got to show off their powers and become 3d people, Cyborg was stuck as the token tragic character.
    How many different Direct to DVD tie-ins did the rest of the JL get? There was Flashpoint for Flash, the Trinity gets everything it wants, Throne of Atlantis was pretty much for Aquaman, what other media exposure has Cyborg had to up his profile? Where's his direct to DVD movie? This isn't a case of one black hero vs another, its a case of one black hero getting respect from his company, and another being treated like a 1980's token. He's there just so DC can wave him around and scream, "SEE! WE LOVE BLACK CHARACTERS!"

That's what our problem is. I love Cyborg, and I love that he represents a different aspect of blackness. I love that he's a mainstream Cyberfunk hero (and for those of you who are interested in what Cyberfunk is, read David Milton's "The City")

I do not, however, love how DC treats him, and compared to how Marvel treats Black Panther (and all of their other black heroes), you can clearly see the difference

We see what Marvel's doing with Black Panther, Luke Cage, Blue Marvel, Miles Morales' Spider-Man, Sam Wilson's Cap, Nick Fury, Misty Knight, Spectrum and even the uses of Deathlok and War Machine. They're visible. They're being used positively. That's 11 guys that are made use of, some more than others, and that's great. There's a good amount to follow.

DC has ONE that they have given a less than half-hearted attempt at pushing and what is there to show for it? And I get why they funneled John Stewart to the back. I don't agree with it, but I see why they want to. Silver age fanboys and all. But how can you not get ONE black character off the ground? HOW?

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    We see what Marvel's doing with Black Panther, Luke Cage, Blue Marvel, Miles Morales' Spider-Man, Sam Wilson's Cap, Nick Fury, Misty Knight, Spectrum and even the uses of Deathlok and War Machine. They're visible. They're being used positively. That's 11 guys that are made use of, some more than others, and that's great. There's a good amount to follow.

DC has ONE that they have given a less than half-hearted attempt at pushing and what is there to show for it? And I get why they funneled John Stewart to the back. I don't agree with it, but I see why they want to. Silver age fanboys and all. But how can you not get ONE black character off the ground? HOW?
    This.

I can't even formulate my thoughts right now because I'm getting more and more frustrated. Basically, Vic is middling, #BlackPantherSoLit, and there is no way in hell WB isn't looking over at Marvel/Disney's success with that character and looking down at DC asking them what the hell do they have to match that. Whether you want to admit it or not, Vic is supposed to be the Black Character for DC. Compared to Vic, he is doing exceedingly better. You can't help but compare the two because they are, currently, the black characters with the most attention on them right now. Black Panther, due to his recent Civil War appearance and comic success, and Vic, well, due to the fact that he's pretty much the only black guy at DC getting any sort of attention.

Vic's Rebirth book has apparently been pushed back, yet again, pushing him behind his peers. Hell, like Shazam, Jessica and Simon, have now jumped ahead of him as their rebirth book is being released before his.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    This.

I can't even formulate my thoughts right now because I'm getting more and more frustrated. Basically, Vic is middling, #BlackPantherSoLit, and there is no way in hell WB isn't looking over at Marvel/Disney's success with that character and looking down at DC asking them what the hell do they have to match that. Whether you want to admit it or not, Vic is supposed to be the Black Character for DC. Compared to Vic, he is doing exceedingly better. You can't help but compare the two because they are, currently, the black characters with the most attention on them right now. Black Panther, due to his recent Civil War appearance and comic success, and Vic, well, due to the fact that he's pretty much the only black guy at DC getting any sort of attention.

Vic's Rebirth book has apparently been pushed back, yet again, pushing him behind his peers. Hell, like Shazam, Jessica and Simon, have now jumped ahead of him as their rebirth book is being released before his.
    And let's not forget that Vic's book was the LEAST ordered Rebirth title. Comic Book stores don't want to touch him. Which is sad because Cyborg is a good character in his own right. I mean, a founding member of the Justice League is getting less orders than every other character. Think about that for a second. Cyborg has been in the forefront for 5 years, he's been a player in all of the DC's direct to DVD animated features since New 52, and no one wants his book.

If that's not a failure I don't know what is. And you're right, HereNThere, people are going to compare the two, for better or worse, and this is just going to be another L for DC and Warner Brothers. Speaking of WB, I wonder how they feel about Marvel/Disney pretty much taking the ENTIRE cast of CREED to be in Black Panther?

When I saw that Cyborg wasn't getting relaunched in June but Green Arrow was, figured what was going on. Either DC doesn't care for Cyborg or honestly doesn't know what to do with him.