Page 112 of 241 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 3610

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    "EVERY robotic threat in the DC Universe?" What does that mean?
    The Metal Men's entire Rogues Gallery? Mr. Atom? Braniac ?

"EVERY robotic threat in the DC Universe?" What does that mean?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    Cyborg: Rebirth #1: Victor Stone was once a star athlete and brilliant student with a bright future. But after a tragic accident destroyed over half of his body, Victor was kept alive by merging flesh with advanced technology. Today he is the Justice League co-founder called Cyborg. But is the young hero a man…or a machine that merely believes it’s a man?

Cyborg #1: “THE IMITATION OF LIFE” part one! Cyborg is thrown into conflict with every robotic threat to the DC Universe as a brand new era begins for Victor Stone, courtesy of writer John Semper Jr. (Spider-Man: The Animated Series) and artist Will Conrad (Angel & Faith)!

I'm really curious as to what the excuse is for Vic's reverting. Anybody think we should ask?

Damn right, we should ask. But the writer doesnt tweet much. I'm going to be skipping Cyborg, sadly.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Damn right, we should ask. But the writer doesnt tweet much. I'm going to be skipping Cyborg, sadly.
    That was probably out of his hands.

To be honest, I wasn't even considering him. I was thinking about Johns specifically.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    To be honest, I wasn't even considering him. I was thinking about Johns specifically.
    This seems like a good course of action. Frankly, I don't like what Johns has done with Cyborg these past years, and the beef with David Walker only makes this worse. I'm totally game for tweeting. Should we come up with a hashtag?

BANNED

The solicits could've been a little more detailed though. And i never heard about any beef.

Fantastic Member

The solicits could've been a little more detailed though. And i never heard about any beef.
    Again, just rumors, but David Walker had to fight for just about everything he did with Victor (which was basically getting him beyond the "Am I Human or Machine" phase), and coupled with the fact that the Man Vs Machine thing is pretty much all DC allowed Cyborg to do/be. It's not just Johns (it's also DC editorial), and the way they treat the character. I've been trying to be optimistic about if lately, but I'm kind of over this "Man vs Machine" thing they've been peddling for the past 5 years.

I'm more interested in Victor reclaiming his humanity, rather than angsting over whether or not he has it.

Actually, speaking of Walker, I'm reminded of this interview he did: Here

AVC: It sounds like you’ll be exploring the intersectionality of him being a person of color and being a person with disabilities. Neither defines his identity, but they both contribute to who he is as a person.

DFW: Exactly! I don’t want to write stories that are all him moping around about the fact that he’s got all these mechanical body parts or whatever. That’s part of him, and as the technology changes, he’s figuring out aspects of himself. Most people read comic books to watch “good guys” beat up the “bad guys,” and and you don’t want to lose sight of that too much. Otherwise you’re not necessarily making a successful comic, and no one wants to read it.
    There was this one interview where Walker straight up said he was more interested in writing a Victor Stone book than a Cyborg book. That's what I'm interested in, people looking at Victor Stone and moving him beyond the Man Vs Machine rut that he's been in for the past 5 years.

And what gets me worried is that Victor is still a young character (compared to the rest of the JL) Batman and Superman and Flash and Wonder Woman can survive multiple reimagining's, and different takes on their mythos, but Victor can't really do that. They need to focus on one unified mythos for him. Things need to be built up, not thrown out.

Sempter seems to be doing that in this book (I like the idea of Cyborg having a nemesis, and exploring his hometown,) but I also want Walker's contributions to be built upon.

Hopefully, it will be. Sucks that the solicits didn't really give us much.

The next stop was Cyborg's costume, which does not exist. Cyborg is all CGI, so Ray Fisher is wearing pajamas on set all day. He has this little light on his face to replicate the glow of his cyborg eye. We did see the designs, though. Cyborg is cool and has lots of spots at his joints where there should be human flesh but instead there's just empty space. It's pretty clear that there isn't much of Vic Stone still in there. He has this red light emanating from his chest, and his arm can turn into a gun. When he goes into full battle mode his whole face gets covered. Also he can grow two extra arms for fist fighting. It's kind of silly, but I'll be honest - I want kind of silly. I perked up at that.
    http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/06/...ice-league-set

I figured that would happen. Hope it turns out nice.

Ultimate Member

I figured that would happen. Hope it turns out nice.
    Nice??? The only person of color and all he is nothing more than a face? People are going to let DC have it and not in a nice way.

Aquaman and Gal are POC, too, I believe. His mechanics just seemed cool to me.

Attachment 37121

They still showcasing the Cyborg logo when presenting the movies. The solo is still on. Hopefully, the comic will give enough stories and ideas to work with.

Fantastic Member

Aquaman and Gal are POC, too, I believe. His mechanics just seemed cool to me.
    True, Aquaman and Wonder Woman are being played by people of color, but I give full credit to WB casting for that. I mean, when New 52 started this was the lineup:

It's one thing to have a line up like this be in the comics (that, admittedly only a handful of people will read) but to have it be on the big screen, shipped all around the world, with tie-ins, toys and merchandise, it's gonna draw A LOT of ire, and WB knew that, so they clearly diversified.

But that's STILL no excuse for the mistreatment of Victor. I mean, really? It almost feels like they're doing everything they can to strip Victor of the little humanity he has left, rather than explore it. And trust me, people are going to notice, and they're not going to be silent about it.