Page 162 of 241 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 3610

True. Pretty much the only post-JL plan for Cyborg that we know of is his appearance in The Flash movie.

Really am starting to worry if WB actually wants that Cyborg movie.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    TBH, they probably don't want one but know they can't just cancel it because people would have a fit. The DCEU already has problems with the media, and if they cancelled the one film that stars their premier Black hero it would cause a **** storm. So, there's really nothing the can do besides try to make the Cyborg movie the best they can. But honestly, it ain't lookin' good.

We already know people are going to be comparing this film with Black Panther (that's just the nature of how this industry works) but so far, there really isn't anything DC has that can get people to trust in them with this new property.

There are people lining up to be in the Black Panther movie. Cyborg, not so much. And that falls squarely on DC/WB.

Cyborg was the hero they decided to push, and if they don't do that in the DCEU-verse, people are going to cry foul.

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyFan View Post
    TBH, they probably don't want one but know they can't just cancel it because people would have a fit. The DCEU already has problems with the media, and if they cancelled the one film that stars their premier Black hero it would cause a **** storm. So, there's really nothing the can do besides try to make the Cyborg movie the best they can. But honestly, it ain't lookin' good.

We already know people are going to be comparing this film with Black Panther (that's just the nature of how this industry works) but so far, there really isn't anything DC has that can get people to trust in them with this new property.

There are people lining up to be in the Black Panther movie. Cyborg, not so much. And that falls squarely on DC/WB.

Cyborg was the hero they decided to push, and if they don't do that in the DCEU-verse, people are going to cry foul.
    My guess; His movie future will rest on his reception in Justice League

Fantastic Member

My guess; His movie future will rest on his reception in Justice League
    Unfortunately, that's most likely true. Which is a terrible way to get people interested in a new character. I mean, it's ridiculous that DC keeps dropping the ball when it comes to Cyborg, the character they chose to feature. The DCEU does not have the public move goer's confidence. At all. In fact, every time I hear something about any one of those films, it's just a bigger mess than before.

Regardless, Cyborg better get a solo movie. Whether or not the Justice League is a "smash hit" or not.

While Cyborg's popularity has increased over the years he's probably still considered a mid tier character. It's always difficult for mid tier characters to sell without big name creative teams attached. Characters not named Bat or Super have a hard time maintaining high sales figures. Another one of my favorite characters, Blue Beetle, is having a similarly difficult time with low numbers. Blue Beetle has gained popularity over the years with appearances on Young Justice, Brave and the Bold, and multiple video games but the character's monthly comic just can't find an audience. Sadly it's yet another comic featuring a person of color with poor sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    While Cyborg's popularity has increased over the years he's probably still considered a mid tier character. It's always difficult for mid tier characters to sell without big name creative teams attached. Characters not named Bat or Super have a hard time maintaining high sales figures. Another one of my favorite characters, Blue Beetle, is having a similarly difficult time with low numbers. Blue Beetle has gained popularity over the years with appearances on Young Justice, Brave and the Bold, and multiple video games but the character's monthly comic just can't find an audience. Sadly it's yet another comic featuring a person of color with poor sales.
    People don't like it and will complain about it, but is it time DC start "shoving" them down throats? Putting them everywhere, giving them major roles in events? And I'm not talking the paltry scraps that Cyborg got in Forever Evil. I mean, back to back, they get significant arcs in these events, not unlike Miles Morales just got in Civil War 2 and is getting set up for in the near future. Not unlike the relevance WW got in Darkseid War (I think, I didn't really read much of that). Not unlike the **** that Batman gets on the hourly basis.

Or will getting a bigger writer for these character be a safer, albeit temporary, bet?
    Last edited by HereNThere; 01-14-2017 at 08:11 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    People don't like it and will complain about it, but is it time DC start "shoving" them down throats? Putting them everywhere, giving them major roles in events? And I'm not talking the paltry scraps that Cyborg got in Forever Evil. I mean, back to back, they get significant arcs in these events, not unlike Miles Morales just got in Civil War 2 and is getting set up for in the near future. Not unlike the relevance WW got in Darkseid War (I think, I didn't really read much of that). Not unlike the **** that Batman gets on the hourly basis.

Or will getting a bigger writer for these character be a safer, albeit temporary, bet?
    Yes. DC needs to shove both Blue Beetle and Cyborg down people's throats. I'm sick of this pussyfooting around. I'm sick of this "wait and see" BS. I'm sick of this "wait until the fans warm up to them." The way DC treats Cyborg (and Jaime) is pathetic. And remember, this is supposed to be a character Johns loves. And how has this "editor's favorite" character being treated?

Living wallpaper in the Justice League for five years.
    David Walker (the first guy who wrote Cyborg's first solo outing) was chased away from the company.
    And Sempter (the second guy who's writing Cyborg's book) is fighting an uphill battle.

Cyborg's movie has no news, and even if it is being thought about (which again, is unlikely) it's going to be a part of a cinematic universe that can't keep its head above water. There are more people interested in a Teen Titans film than they are a Cyborg movie, and that falls squarely on DC's inability to get people excited about this character.

So you know what? I'm done with this wait and see crap. I want Cyborg shoved down people's throats. Hell, I want people pissed off about how much Cyborg DC peddles. I want arc after arc that focuses on Cyborg. And i want to go onto sites and see people say "I'm sick of so much Cyborg" rather than "Cyborg's boring, there's no story for him."

DC is crap when it comes to this character. But that's nothing new.

They don't want to, though. It's Bat or nothing.

They really just put Cyborg in there cause they didn't want people to say "the Justice League is all white." It was obvious DC and Johns didn't really have an actual thought of elevating him. He just became a convenient macguffin.

If they want to have people care, they need more then they're giving. If he's supposed to be one of the big 7, he needs a bigger importance in the world AND a big name writer. Right now, he's just the metal man with a blaster on his arm. He SHOULD have the most versatility in his powers but he doesn't. Not really.

BANNED

Two different things. One he was never a good pick for main POC or Black Lead. Two, DC did zero to push them.

He has always been a team character. People like him when he is hanging with the Titans. DC stripped all that backstory for him. And then did zilch to push him.

His appearance is lame and not high-tech. I have said it before I have said it one thousand times. He should look more human when out of combat and armor up for combat ala Blue Beetle or Iron Man. I mean really Blue Beetle is more Cyborg done right if you ask me. Transforming limbs for different moves with blasting capability.

He was the taxi and tech support in the JL. Because other genius don't get to shine around Batman most of the time. And its hard to be a tech expert when you lack the resources to go your lab and build that tech. Batman already provides most of the tech.

DC didn't push him at all. He sat in the background and did zilch and the solo was way too late. He never looked cool. He was an obvious token.

Problem is DC doesn't have a deep bench of Black Heroes. If you don't want to use John Stewart. Its basically Vixen or Black Lightning. I am talking about not teen (Not Static) and not a derivative (so not Steel) here and having a unique powerset (not Bronze Tiger).

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Two different things. One he was never a good pick for main POC or Black Lead. Two, DC did zero to push them.

He has always been a team character. People like him when he is hanging with the Titans. DC stripped all that backstory for him. And then did zilch to push him.

His appearance is lame and not high-tech. I have said it before I have said it one thousand times. He should look more human when out of combat and armor up for combat ala Blue Beetle or Iron Man. I mean really Blue Beetle is more Cyborg done right if you ask me. Transforming limbs for different moves with blasting capability.

He was the taxi and tech support in the JL. Because other genius don't get to shine around Batman most of the time. And its hard to be a tech expert when you lack the resources to go your lab and build that tech. Batman already provides most of the tech.

DC didn't push him at all. He sat in the background and did zilch and the solo was way too late. He never looked cool. He was an obvious token.

Problem is DC doesn't have a deep bench of Black Heroes. If you don't want to use John Stewart. Its basically Vixen or Black Lightning. I am talking about not teen (Not Static) and not a derivative (so not Steel) here and having a unique powerset (not Bronze Tiger).
    Well there's Josiah Power, Jet, Rocket, Skyrocket, Icon, Hardware and some others I've probably forgotten about. Sure they're not well known outside of comics but that's never been an issue for people like Hawkgirl before

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post

Believe me. I'm well aware of DC's intentions with the character. I've been with Cyborg since the beginning. From his ascent to the Justice League, to his lack of a solo, to the way he's treated on the actual team, to David Walker being chased off the book, to now. And while all of that may be passable for comic book fans, there's no way people aren't going to raise their eyebrows at the black member of the Justice League not getting a solo movie. Especially after it was already announced, and especially after they already told Ray Fisher it was happening.

It's one thing for this crap to happen in the comic medium (and we all know it's been happening for half a decade now) but it's quite another for it to happen with films, in the public eye where the media is just looking for an excuse to rip DC/WB a new one. Hell, they're making it easy for them now.

I actually tweeted Geoff Johns and Ray Fisher about the Cyborg movie and I'm still waiting on a response. I find it suspect as hell that every film has gotten some kind of press release except Cyborg's. Straight up, if they screw with Ray Fisher's movie (because he's the only person at the studio whose excited for it) I'm gonna be done with the DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well there's Josiah Power, Jet, Rocket, Skyrocket, Icon, Hardware and some others I've probably forgotten about. Sure they're not well known outside of comics but that's never been an issue for people like Hawkgirl before
    But a lot of those aren't even DC for real. Milestone is still trying to do... something.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Great movie. McDuffie's last work, no surprise that Cyborg was written so well there.
    DC is missing McDuffie. He showed a love to underutilized characters, POC characters, and made the top tier characters shine.

Ultimate Member

I would say the first red flag was the GLC movie actually including John Stewart.

The second red flag will be how Black Panther film is received. Just based on who they added to the cast-win or lose Marvel will never be accused of NOT trying.

The third red flag is how much ad space for Justice League will include HIM. Excluding a few items-a lot of Justice league stuff since New 52 has excluded him (along with WW & Aquaman until recently).

DC is treating him like "hey we are diverse we got him! And now Simon & Jessica."

To me it looks like they are SCARED to do anything because of what we see with Marvel. Yes Marvel is getting trashed around here and be selective comic book stores. End of the day-you can't say Marvel didn't try.

What is being done to Jaime is disgusting-I forget he has a book.

Remember Burnside Batgirl team? They are doing a book called Motor Crush for Image with a black female lead. Image got told a lot of store refused to sell the book because it had a black female lead. Mosaic was boycotted as well. Lets not forget the boycott of Batman over Duke Thomas.

DC nor Marvel can't make anyone sell a book.

I have been one to say bypass those stores. Why can't you do a Cyborg graphic novel? Or do a Moon Girl and sell his book (well trade) to schools?

Why can't they do a book line and toy line (like they are doing with Dc SUperhero Girls) with Cyborg, Jaime, John Stewart, Ryan Cho, Wally West, Dick Grayson (or Tim Drake), Conner, Static, Aquaman & Green Arrow?