Page 2 of 241 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Here's a pretty good article about women and minorities in comics. It's called "Wonder Woman and Cyborg are on a cereal box: Why it matters."

The author talks about how much she and her young daughter enjoyed seeing Cyborg featured in the free comic book included with some General Mills cereals.

http://lamonthela*****************/2...hy-it-matters/
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-02-2014 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Here's a pretty good article about women and minorities in comics. The author talks about how much she and her young daughter enjoyed seeing Cyborg featured in the free comic book included with some General Mills cereals.

http://lamonthela*****************/2...hy-it-matters/

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!!!!!! CYBORG GOT TO HEADLINE A COMIC AND NO ONE TOLD ME!

Great find Robotman. I don't care if its in a cereal box thats awesome.

Here's the link for those of you who had trouble following the link Robotman posted click here or just google: cyborg-wonder-woman-are-on-a-cereal-box-why-it-matters/ should be the first link to pop up

This is pretty cool and the stuff DC needs to promote better imo.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

I really hope that they are able to do Vic justice in the Man of Steel sequel. He's always been one of my favorite Titans, and I'm actually really glad that he's on the Justice League roster now. IMO, I don't think there's any character who deserved to be promoted to a JL member than he did.

I'm reposting my revised origin for Vic

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfist
    Actually if DC had any intelligence they would have made him a paralympian an amputee, his father not being able to handle his needs (maybe he was the cause of his sons damage body) sinks into his work to maybe give him back his limbs but can't bridge the gap between technology and Biology. Vic uses prosthetics and sports to avoid his father and deal with his emotions over losing what he thought made him special and whole.
    Then the invasion happens Vic saves someone even with his disability but is at the edge of death as a result and his father get the opportunity he has always wanted in the Apokalyptic technology and restores his sons body.

You know what you have now? A character for amputees and future character development. hell didn't the TT cartoon go that route?

It's funny how Cyborg needed to hag out with the Metal Men in order to get some progress?

That was just me Brainstorming, this could lead to a clever way to bring back the Technis Imperative story line, Cyborg could end up like his father constantly tweaking with himself becoming more machine than man. typical story there but the twist could be he wins but reverts things to how it was because "insert heart of the cards here".

Hell after that you could make him like - you guys remember Liger Zero from Zoids fhe could have an Almost normal looking human mode but you could give him multiple Armours or something turn that into a Toy and that's easy money, Speed armour, Battle armour, artillery mode (loads of guns!), endless! give him a life he with a bridged relationship with his dad can start giving people who've lost limbs eyes, spinal injuries a new lease on life. there could go all Deus Ex and have anti-enhancement terrorist and the lot. You could make his number one enemy a telekinetic with no hands. Call him ghost hand or something.

Fan Fiction at it's finest people

Ultimate Member

I kind of feel that Victor will only appear briefly in Batman vs. Superman. He might not even be Cyborg yet. I kind of feel like this will merely be an introduction to the character, and that his role will expand in future movies. Like Hawkeye in the first Thor movie or Agent 13 in TWS.

Does Cyborg at least have any special guest appearances in other books? If not, I think he should imo.

So after Robotman brought the cereal comics to my attention I'm currently tracking down 3 or 4 General Mills comics that appear to feature Cyborg. I'm probably the only one here who went through the trouble so I'll post a few cropped images once I get my hands on so you can all check it out.

http://www.biggcerealheroes.com/

and here's the Robot 6 article written by Kevin Melrose I forgot about: http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...-cereal-boxes/

And if anyone's interested in ordering the comics here's some reasonably priced ones on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/justice-league-general-mills

Also Target probably has them since they seem to have partnered with DC. Going by the exclusive Justice League toys and the JL: Adventures Trapped in Time stealth release plus that JL centric commercial Target seems like a good bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I kind of feel that Victor will only appear briefly in Batman vs. Superman. He might not even be Cyborg yet. I kind of feel like this will merely be an introduction to the character, and that his role will expand in future movies. Like Hawkeye in the first Thor movie or Agent 13 in TWS.
    I have no clue how brief the role will be. Will it be 1 minute, 5 minutes, 15 minutes no clue. I hope he doesn't become Cyborg because that would be way too soon imo. Unless he's given a little more screen time. I hope Victor gets flushed out enough as a character before him becomes Cyborg.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Does Cyborg at least have any special guest appearances in other books? If not, I think he should imo.
    He appeared briefly in an issue of Flash and Justice League Dark #1. He also took part in a Superman, Supergirl and Superboy crossover with Wonder Woman and Batman. Thats about it outside of Justice League off the top of my head.
    The J-man

Incredible Member

Cyborg is great character and love what DC and the movies are doing with him!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    He appeared briefly in an issue of Flash and Justice League Dark #1. He also took part in a Superman, Supergirl and Superboy crossover with Wonder Woman and Batman. Thats about it outside of Justice League off the top of my head.
    Thanks for the information, I appreciated it. I read almost every Flash book and I forgot that Cyborg appeared in that series. It's a bit upsetting that he's like the only character in the watchtower.

Does he have any memorable moments in his other guess appearances?

Cyborg is a character I never appreciated until the New 52. I was really intrigued when I heard he would be one of the founding members of the Justice League. I have been reading his current exploits and have grown to like him. I do wish he would get much more panel time. His characterization is getting better and I hope it keeps moving in the right direction. I would like to see him get a solo series soon.

Thanks for the information, I appreciated it. I read almost every Flash book and I forgot that Cyborg appeared in that series. It's a bit upsetting that he's like the only character in the watchtower.

Does he have any memorable moments in his other guess appearances?
    He appeared in two pages of Justice League Dark #1. He's popped up in a few Superman books and appeared in that Superman, Superboy and Supergirl crossover.

He's prominently featured in Justice League but outside of that its just cameos and events in other books. i'm not really reading too many mainstream comics right now so I'm not the best source for all of Cyborg's recent cameos. I know he did appear in a recent issue of Action Comics during the whole Doomsday arc.

As promised here are a few scans of Cyborg's appearances in the General Mills Cereal Justice League comics.

Here is Cyborg in issue #5, this was an Aquaman and Superman team up:

Ra's Al Ghul and Black Manta are poaching dinosaurs from Dinosaur Island with the help of Manta's mind control tech

Superman and Aquaman get overwhelmed so the rest of the JL shows up to help

Cyborg along with other members of the Justice League begin freeing the dinosaurs

They save the day than take off
    Last edited by Jabare; 05-15-2014 at 01:33 PM.
    The J-man

Here is another General Mills comic Cyborg appearance. this is Issue number 6:

Green Lantern is investigating a space station and contacts Cyborg at the watch tower

GL obviously calls Wonder Woman. And the two of them start investigating.

Ultimately Kanjar Ro is the culprit, tapping into some power from Ares the God of War himself. Before long Wonder Woman and GL find themselves in hot water, but never fear the Justice League is here.

a fight ensues.

Zip

zap

pow

bam

blah blah blah good guys win as expected

Cyborg gets a stand alone story in issue # 9. There are too many scans for me to fit into just 3 images as allotted by the rules so if your interested I'd recommend just checking out the comic yourself you can find them on ebay.

The plot coincidentally is actually similar to the plot I suggested Johns do for a Justice League arc in the old Cyborg appreciation thread.

Here's how it goes:

Story opens up with some Parademons chasing down a man on Apokolips for Desad to use in his experiments. Meanwhile on earth the Justice League (minus Cyborg) is engaged in a battle with Granny Goodness and several Parademons. Just as the Justice League gains the upper hand Granny Goodness orders a retreat. Batman suspecting the attack was a distraction messages Cyborg in the watch tower to do a world wide scan.

Suddenly a boomtube opens and Kalibak and this other dude jump Cyborg restraining him with some advanced tech and teleporting back to Apokolips.

On Apokolips Darkseid and Desad utilize Cyborg's design to create their own cyborg with New God technology. Victor won't accept this and breaks out of his restraint and flees the lab. Unfortunately there is nowhere to run. Victor engages several parademons taking them down with ease. Than a new opponent appears calling himself Cybox! He is the man that was captured earlier and apparently turned into a cyborg slave by Desad.

Cyborg tries to reason with Cybox as they fight urging him to remember who he is. After they scuffle for a few pages Cybox remembers who he really is and that he has a family. The two stop fighting and agree to help each other escape. Than Darkseid appears deeply disappointed his new minion has defected. All looks lost when Darkseid army begins to descend upon the two, but than the Justice League arrives.

Superman threatens Darkseid and he folds and lets them go, but because he has Cybox's remote control he has to remain on Apokolips as his slave. Cyborg says not so fast and Cybox blasts the remote control allowing all the heroes to escape Apokolips.

Cyborg finds a way to get Cybox back to new genesis and highfather heals him turning him back into his original self. As Cybox turns back into Haldus he runs to his family and we are left with afinal exchange between Cybor and Highfather.

Highfather: I'm sorry I can't do the same for you Cyborg. As you couldn't work with our technology. I cannot work with yours.

Cyborg: I'm fine Highfather I came to terms with my destiny in this life a long time ago. I'll alway be part human and part machine. And besides...[B]the world needs cyborg[B].

All in all a goof comic for kids to focus on Cyborg. The ending didn't really work for me for some obvious reasons, but I will let it go because its a kid comic.
    Last edited by Jabare; 05-15-2014 at 02:10 PM.
    The J-man

@Jabare Thanks for the scans and your hard work. These are very interesting.

@Jabare Thanks for the scans and your hard work. These are very interesting.
    glad you enjoyed it, was not hard at all just took me a little time to track down the comics. Theses were the only ones I found with Cyborg in them there may be more, so keep an eye out Cyborg faithful.

Can't wait for Justice League #30 and Forever Evil #7 to come out, two of the seven mainstream comic books I still follow.

Just re-read Justice League #29, probably the best Cyborg issue we've had to date. Loved the art, and the writing. The Metal Men were great and seeing the Fearsome Five was a treat. Wonder what Johns is doing with the whole digital universe, has the potential to be really cool

The J-man

I would've flipped if I found comics in my cereal box when I was a kid. It's a pretty great idea. Comic books. Cereal. Saturday morning cartoons. Sounds like a good childhood.