Page 217 of 241 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 3610

I see it like this: something is happening.

We got wind of Vic moving into leadership position in the League. We finally just got a look at him as Cyborg with his whole face showing. Then, when we were prepped to see him sent off to pasture, he gets continued out of nowhere after two months of being away. Now he's in his DCyou body. Something's up.

Wolfman was quoted as saying that he was doing a "miniseries" of one of his characters when interviewed about Raven. So, this is clearly not an indefinite gig for him. That leaves me to think he's being held for someone else.

Now this could all be coincidence...or it could be that someone has a real plan for him for once. Maybe, just maybe, they heard what we've been talking about for the past few years.
    Last edited by Iconic; 01-23-2018 at 09:28 AM.

So with Priest off the League and the League being split into more teams, does this mean Cyborg will be sequestered off somewhere and lead his own team of heroes? Or is the leader thing just for this arc of Justice League? And what about his development? Will he still be allowed to keep transforming back to human or mixing his look up? His Team Wisdom appearance looks a lot like his original tank form from 2011 and that has me legit worried.

Hell, I'm worried about a lot of things with this recent development.

BANNED

I'm hoping he gets to be leader of a totally brand new team with Starfire,Raven,and beast boy,and BEFORE doomsday clock sets the DCU back to their old history

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    So with Priest off the League and the League being split into more teams, does this mean Cyborg will be sequestered off somewhere and lead his own team of heroes? Or is the leader thing just for this arc of Justice League? And what about his development? Will he still be allowed to keep transforming back to human or mixing his look up? His Team Wisdom appearance looks a lot like his original tank form from 2011 and that has me legit worried.

Hell, I'm worried about a lot of things with this recent development.
    I'm with you. I'm all kinds of concerned now. Just when you get something good they strip it away.

I'm hesitant to start a Cyborg Workshop thread since this thread seems to do a lot of that work on its own.

Can any of you direct me to an article or essay about Cyborg, regarding his superhero identity "Cyborg" not being aspirational or appropriate. I can't find the right words to google.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I'm hesitant to start a Cyborg Workshop thread since this thread seems to do a lot of that work on its own.

Can any of you direct me to an article or essay about Cyborg, regarding his superhero identity "Cyborg" not being aspirational or appropriate. I can't find the right words to google.

https://themiddlespaces.com/2015/03/...-not-included/
    http://comicsalliance.com/restoratio...g-walker-reis/

These are the two main ones. If you feel like digging through a bunch of pages, a good portion of the regulars in this appreciation thread have at least one good essay about Cyborg's issues and how it could be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    These are the two main ones.
    Thanks!

10char

You guys that go are strong to continue on in hope. Until i see Black Panther level commitment to Vic, he will now start fading back into whitewashed wallpaper status of happy, neutered black guy hero. February 16 is going to show the world, let alone comicverse what strong black male heroes can look like. I'm done with this character. DC can't even be shamed into letting Cyborg get some genuine shine without yanking on his collar
    Last edited by dkrook; 02-03-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    You guys that go are strong to continue on in hope. Until i see Black Panther level commitment to Vic, he will now start fading back into whitewashed wallpaper status of happy, neutered black guy hero. February 16 is going to show the world, let alone comicverse what strong black male heroes can look like. I'm done with this character. DC can't even be shamed into letting Cyborg get some genuine shine without yanking on his collar
    That's the reality of it. If DC won't commit, then why should we?

For me, the conclusion of the Black Lightning miniseries should roll right in to the Milestone launch and that's where I'll be. I want to support the people who know what it means to have these characters.

As a Wonder Woman devotee, I’d like to say best hopes aren’t wasted. Her book is usually trash, but put the story in a film and you get a blockbuster.

Maybe Victor is a Netflix show and not a monthly comic.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    As a Wonder Woman devotee, I’d like to say best hopes aren’t wasted. Her book is usually trash, but put the story in a film and you get a blockbuster.

Maybe Victor is a Netflix show and not a monthly comic.
    With WW-there is always SOMEONE willing to try or be allowed to try with her.

The issue with Vic is TPTB can't be bothered.

Panther aside look at the support Marvel has given Falcon, Miles & Luke Cage.

That alone should make you want to do something. I will go BROKE trying to get all the BP stuff.

Former John Stewart fan Desh had some opinions about Cyborg-that isn't all bashing-he actually says what many have said here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QPn1nkX1oY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PajKrFb_INE

NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.

I'm done. So now he can appear human, but it's some "static imaging field". A hologram. No DC. No.

This guy can morph a friggin Jeep on to his body...but can't morph human.

He can morph weapons of all sorts out of his body...but can't morph human.

This dude has all the bells and whistles that comic book tech talks about (nanites)...but can't morph human.(....like he was shown to be capable of in David Walker's as well as John Semper Jr's run)

He has an all-powerful motherbox inside him...but can't morph human.

Y'all can take your Cyborg and go kick rocks. You'll advance every other major character, but the one black character you have full use of you can't seem to give legit respect/advancement/humanity.

You could do so much in advancing the perception of this character, yet refuse to do so. Technology is so far beyond what you make him out to be. It's almost like it makes you comfortable to keep him sub-human.

Y'all can kick all the rocks.
    Last edited by Iconic; 02-06-2018 at 07:02 AM.

Lol, so DC still can’t get their shit together when it comes to humanizing the guy that’s supposed to be their premiere black hero. Oh well at least I still have black panther and black lightning.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Yeah it’s pretty frustrating. It’s like one step forward, two steps back every time. I’ve pretty much given up on hoping that DC will understand what needs to be done with Cyborg. There is so much potential just being wasted.

The only thing I was holding on to was the hope of him advancing the way so many other tech characters get to.

Now that I see that they have no intention in allowing him to be anything more than sub-human, I get to tap out. It's actually a relief. It was a bad relationship all along.

Let him go prop up Nightwing, Robin or whoever. That's what those fans wanted anyway.
    Last edited by Iconic; 02-06-2018 at 03:39 PM.