Page 227 of 241 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 3610
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Nice art but I don’t like that he’s still in that boring look. I wish they would shift to the new Sejic design.
    The Sejic design is awful. Almost every design he’s gotten since 2011 has been awful. I miss the Mike McKone design.

Wow todays Justice League was actually okay, not a super exciting issue, but probably the most characterization we've seen with Victor outside of his solo books for years.

spoilers:

Almost gave you the feeling he was quitting the League the way it ended.

Regardless, punching Batman is one of the best feats I've seen from Vic in a long time (outside of his solo title). Priest essentially used Batman to voice fan complaints about Victor for the past 7 years there too.

Still didn't explain why he can't use boom tubes anymore or why he got nerfed during the run but best you can hope for given DC's track record.

Sadly DC isn't going to follow up on this. I mean this would be a great plot point to finally build Cyborg up. If he's part of the Justice League core you can't keep only giving him moments in his solo book and than quickly rebooting or forgetting about them. Johns gave him three or four moments but they were often overshadowed by these periods of being backgrounded and/or inaction/no dialogue. Bryan Hitch actually did a relatively okay job at times in retrospect
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Jabare; 04-18-2018 at 06:15 PM.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

I still can't decide if Priest did a good job or bad job at writing Vic. I'm really confused.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    I still can't decide if Priest did a good job or bad job at writing Vic. I'm really confused.
    I think it was a little better than what has been the norm for Victor. Not nearly the best we've seen, but far from the worst. He certainly gave Vic more spotlight and made him feel more like a full fledge member. Priest actually gave him more of a consistent voice and characterization than he generally has in Justice League books.

On more positive is that Priest actually graced Cyborg with a new story that wasn't 'man vs machine' or 'dad issues.' Priest set up some interesting challenges for Cyborg to overcome. However, even though Cyborg ultimately made it past these challenges he never really gets a win. He endures a lot of nagging and criticism but is thrust into virtually unwinnable situations. He 'saves the day' in two scenarios as the "leader," but he doesn't get the win overall. Plus the way the story ended gives you the impression he quits the Justice League.

I felt like Vic's last page with Batman was Priest speaking directly to DC on behalf of the fans.

Again I don't expect anything to come from this. Vic's had several redesigns and new directions that get people all excited and they never stick.

Walker's Cyborg upgrade and redesign got rolled back. Jim Lee's initial design got changed despite DC dragging its feet and his base design still varies from artist to artist if we are being honest.

Technically he should be "Cyborg One Million" right now stronger and better than ever..... but nope.

Over the years I've learned to have very low expectations regarding DC's handling of Cyborg.
    Last edited by Jabare; 04-18-2018 at 06:15 PM.
    The J-man

I liked seeing Vic spoilers:
    deck Bats
    end of spoilers, it was nice to see him actually stand up for himself. I'm interested to see what happens in Odyssey, hopefully him taking on a leader role will give him better characterization.

BANNED

spoilers:
    Cyborg cameo appearance in Today’s Flash as the original Wally West recalls their time together as members of the Teen Titans. Here’s hoping Flash War restores Cyborg’s Teen Titans memories. It’s wishful thinking on my part.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    spoilers:
    Cyborg cameo appearance in Today’s Flash as the original Wally West recalls their time together as members of the Teen Titans. Here’s hoping Flash War restores Cyborg’s Teen Titans memories. It’s wishful thinking on my part.
    end of spoilers

Meh, to be very honest.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Nice art but I don’t like that he’s still in that boring look. I wish they would shift to the new Sejic design.
    Agreed, way better than past designs which makes him look like an antique microwave from the 1980's.

Has there been any word on what the plot for the Cyborg solo movie will be? Or who the villain will be?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Let's see if there's even going to be a Cyborg movie to begin with. If they announce writers or directors, then we can start speculating about plot or villains.

So I saw Infinity War last night. A nicely done movie. Oddly enough, the thing that stuck out to me the most was the newest "nanotech" suit of Iron Man and how it's doing exactly what we expect Cyborg's body to do. Why is Iron Man more Cyborg than Cyborg?

Things just formed out of nowhere. So many different applications were on display. It was a visual feast watching his suit perform.

Mighty Member

I find it funny how characters like Metamorpho, Blue Devil, Robotman and Thing are comfortable in their own skin despite their circumstances. I wish they had Vic follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Has there been any word on what the plot for the Cyborg solo movie will be? Or who the villain will be?
    the Cyborg movie most likely will not happen
    The J-man

Ultimate Member

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...s-cypher-hero/

I think writers and artists forget that, even though he is a cyborg, that mechanical body and technology is still his. He rarely seems to have agency over it, and everyone wants a turn at poking at it, altering it, and experimenting on it and rarely with his permission. It’s a disconcerting trend.

Cyborg #22 is another disappointing entry for a character who really is one of my favorite DC characters. I want to see him given a fleshed-out identity, more agency, and interesting villains to face. He’s rarely granted those things, and this issue is no different. I can’t recommend it. Give it a pass.
    Now how many more folks have to call this out before DC takes note?