Page 229 of 241 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 3610
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    Cyborg's success doesn't reside in his past, but in his future. I'm far more concerned about where he's going than where he may have been.

And "yes" to JL Odyssey.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Nah.... This whole Justice League thing can still work. Still hoping for JLO to give good things.
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I second this general perspective.
    This is exactly why characters can never progress and strive if fans only care about what happened before. And i have the feeling if this was any other Titan, no one would even care. I bet my life on it.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Cyborg's success doesn't reside in his past, but in his future. I'm far more concerned about where he's going than where he may have been.

And "yes" to JL Odyssey.
    I agree, its not that I don't like his past but im way more interested in his future. I also don't think restoring his pasr would really do anything especially since the Titans are in a weird place right now.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    This is exactly why characters can never progress and strive if fans only care about what happened before. And i have the feeling if this was any other Titan, no one would even care. I bet my life on it.
    It's not that fans only care about the past-it's fans sick and tired of seeing nothing being DONE aside from nonstop hacking of Cyborg by whoever feels like it.

The reason no one would care about any other Titan is because for many of them-is because SOMEONE is actually allowed to do something with them. Because they are NOT stuck in books with socalled icons who get all the attention and it would be BLASPHEMY to show Cyborg out doing them.

What have they gotten under 6 years of Justice League? Especially compared to Miles, Kamala & Moon Girl have left him in the dust.

Be bitter about the past all you like but that is all we have. 30 years and 2 tv shows of an interesting character. Whose FAULT is that? Not the fans.

Who has no issue with a low selling book and trade every month? That's right DC. So until they show some effort that STICKS. Don't get mad at fans who are tired of it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's not that fans only care about the past-it's fans sick and tired of seeing nothing being DONE aside from nonstop hacking of Cyborg by whoever feels like it.

The reason no one would care about any other Titan is because for many of them-is because SOMEONE is actually allowed to do something with them. Because they are NOT stuck in books with socalled icons who get all the attention and it would be BLASPHEMY to show Cyborg out doing them.

What have they gotten under 6 years of Justice League? Especially compared to Miles, Kamala & Moon Girl have left him in the dust.

Be bitter about the past all you like but that is all we have. 30 years and 2 tv shows of an interesting character. Whose FAULT is that? Not the fans.

Who has no issue with a low selling book and trade every month? That's right DC. So until they show some effort that STICKS. Don't get mad at fans who are tired of it.
    Completely disagree, many of these so called fans that what him reverted have very little interest in him as a character as a whole, they only want him to revert back to being a titan for a couple of reasons

1) Taking away his founding member status puts the justice league back to the all white team and alien who decides to shapeshift into black, aka closer to their nostalgic childhood.

2) Puts the Titans back to their nostalgic form, which does nothing for the character in terms of moving forward besides just being the least developed character in the originals titans lineup.

So yes, most of these folks only care about the past. DC is clearly attempting to do something special with JL Odyssey and yet we're still seeing the same complaints. Which means it has very little to do with "nothing be done"
    that they

No Justice started which means we're closer and closer to Justice League Odyssey. I'm ready.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I made a rough draft list of characters I'd include in a Cyborg series if I made one. Still struggling to get him some non-tech villains and stronger connection to the 4th World characters.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profi.../cyborg/71376/
    Nice list. Sportsmaster and Vibe are great choices. I really want Vibe and Cy to become friends. There's a lot I didn't even consider.

A few of the ones I did were original ideas in addition to the likes of Cyborgirl and revamping/building on villains and ideas previous writers introduced in his books.

Like how in Semper's run we got a hint of the city's underworld and how Walker the body shops where people were getting cyber parts. I'd introduce more gangsters/local politicians. Somebody Vic wouldn't beat by fighting directly. Maybe working with the police or an agent to take them down. Etc

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborguy View Post
    No Justice started which means we're closer and closer to Justice League Odyssey. I'm ready.

Nice list. Sportsmaster and Vibe are great choices. I really want Vibe and Cy to become friends. There's a lot I didn't even consider.

A few of the ones I did were original ideas in addition to the likes of Cyborgirl and revamping/building on villains and ideas previous writers introduced in his books.

Like how in Semper's run we got a hint of the city's underworld and how Walker the body shops where people were getting cyber parts. I'd introduce more gangsters/local politicians. Somebody Vic wouldn't beat by fighting directly. Maybe working with the police or an agent to take them down. Etc
    Thanks, I'd add some original characters as well. I like that bodyshop idea, I was pretty off and on with Cyborgs solo since it bored me so I'll have to go back and check it out.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Mighty Member

I think Justice League Odyssey is a blessing in disguise because a bunch of interviews dropped regarding Snyder's Justice League. Snyder didn't acknowledge him at all.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...s-cypher-hero/

Now how many more folks have to call this out before DC takes note?
    bruh it's been well over a decade we tired
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Ha! Too true!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I think Justice League Odyssey is a blessing in disguise because a bunch of interviews dropped regarding Snyder's Justice League. Snyder didn't acknowledge him at all.
    Probably the heroes on other teams will show up less in the main JL title. Cyborg and WW have their own team including this one while Flash, John, MM, and Hawkgirl don't. It makes sense to develop them first since Cyborg might get all his development in Odyssey.

To be fair, I don't think he mentioned Superman or Wonder Woman either. And he barely acknowledged Batman.

I imagine the first arc is primarily focused on the 3 newest characters in GL, MM & Hawkgirl. We know Flash is having something happen to him. Cyborg & WW have teams on the way. That leaves Aquaman, Supes & Bats who aren't in need of any focus.

All seems well.

I imagine the first arc is primarily focused on the 3 newest characters in GL, MM & Hawkgirl. We know Flash is having something happen to him. Cyborg & WW have teams on the way. That leaves Aquaman, Supes & Bats who aren't in need of any focus.

All seems well.
    They did announce that Aquaman is getting "MAJOR" story arc.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    To be fair, I don't think he mentioned Superman or Wonder Woman either. And he barely acknowledged Batman.
    The 3 cash cows don't need acknowledgment.

Especially if they have major things going on in their books.

That is my point and if this rumor clean slate reboot happens...

We will be looking at longer than that if we see a Batman with a Dick Grayson Robin.

Snyder said the arcs will focus on two members each.
    1st: Flash and GL
    2nd: Aquaman and WW
    3rd: Supes and MM
    I hope Cyborg gets the fourth one and that he’s with Hawkgirl. Pairing him with Batman would result in Vic getting overshadowed completely since Snyder’s a Batman fanboy.