Page 238 of 241 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241 LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 3610

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Reprove what?
    He has NOTHING to prove.
    Miles Morales is his legacy. He even said he thought Miles would not work. 7 years later we got a movie coming with Miles.
    Meh, I said it kinda seems like he might might trying to reprove himself. No big deal. I just got that feeling from some of the interviews and articles before Man of Steel started. And it seemed like there was a ton of people doubting him and trashing his Superman before the first issue even came out. He might not feel like he has anything to prove I don’t know the guy, Man of Steel is the first thing of his I’ve read, it’s been great so far.

Where has this Cyborg been for the past decade?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post

Damn Vic! Swooped in like an action hero and saved the day.

BANNED

As he should be doing on every issue, to me he is as action star, not a USB cord for the team

Ultimate Member

The same place where Static, Cassie and every other screwed over character at DC has been-LIMBO.

Funny what happens when you move certain folks from certain positions.

The same place where Static, Cassie and every other screwed over character at DC has been-LIMBO.

Funny what happens when you move certain folks from certain positions.
    I assume you have evidence to back this up? Can you prove that Geoff Johns not being the CCO anymore is the reason Cyborg is written well here.

He gets to look badass while not being torn apart? I'm shocked
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

This version of Cyborg would have done much better with a solo.

And apparently boomtubes are still in play.

I just thought of something, does the fact Cyborg appears in two different movies (Justice League and Teen Titans Go the movie (also the cartoon)) with almost complete different personalities affects the comics/readership?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I assume you have evidence to back this up? Can you prove that Geoff Johns not being the CCO anymore is the reason Cyborg is written well here.
    Do you have proof that he didn't?

It's just funny a reorganization suddenly has stuff that should have been done a long time ago. Not after Marvel takes Dc to woodshed with Black Panther and other projects. Who don't star the "icon" group that certain factions want showcased.

Johns had 7 years. 7 years. No Dc had 7 years and failed badly. I don't want to hear about that stupid movie or JL membership-all that crap is SUPPLEMENTAL to building up a hero. Not someone who gets beaten up, ripped apart, hacked into and forever looks out of place. Half you know is not acceptable.

It should not take the success of others to make one do what is right. Yet here we are and DC is playing catch yet again. I guess Miles's movie will force DC to bring back Static.

I just thought of something, does the fact Cyborg appears in two different movies (Justice League and Teen Titans Go the movie (also the cartoon)) with almost complete different personalities affects the comics/readership?
    The tv side UNDERSTANDS you have to build up an interesting character. There are no folks who don't like certain characters to bleep it up-the tv side doesn't play that. They don't pander to comic book entitlement folks.

Who would take issue if you had Cyborg talk down to Batman in the comic. Who would take issue with Cyborg saving the day in the comic.

Because as we seen with Marvel backlash-showing competent POC offends some folk.

So that's why generally you don't see an increase. The person that attracts the fan onscreen is generally NOT the same in the comic.

IF they are in the comic in the first place. See Young Justice or most DC shows. Do you see Static, a black Firestorm, Traci 13, Conner Kent, Bart Allen, Cassie and many more running around in comics?

Do you have proof that he didn't?

It's just funny a reorganization suddenly has stuff that should have been done a long time ago. Not after Marvel takes Dc to woodshed with Black Panther and other projects. Who don't star the "icon" group that certain factions want showcased.
    I'm not the one making baseless accusations here, you are. And you keep doing it, so I guess I'll take that as a "no". I suppose the probability that doesn't suit your narrative is that Scott Snyder may or may not like Cyborg more as a character than Johns, Bryan Hitch or Christopher Priest did and therefore could be willing to showcase him in a better way than they did for that reason.

What's funny is that Johns stepped down as DC president after Snyder's JL run had already began. So if we take your logic that Johns micromanaged everything and wanted only "his vision" to be implemented, then Snyder would not be having this run unless Johns approved it, right? After all, those creative meetings happen months, sometimes years in advance. When Snyder pitched his Metal/JL storyline, Johns was still in charge. So, again, if we're to use your logic, then I guess we should be thanking Johns for this.

And the group still features the same members that it had since 2011 so I'm not sure what you mean. Unless you're specifically referring to Hal Jordan being shafted once again, which also happened while Johns was still in charge. Twice.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-28-2018 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'm not the one making baseless accusations here, you are. And you keep doing it, so I guess I'll take that as a "no". I suppose the probability that doesn't suit your narrative is that Scott Snyder may or may not like Cyborg more as a character than Johns, Bryan Hitch or Christopher Priest did and therefore could be willing to showcase him in a better way than they did for that reason.

What's funny is that Johns stepped down as DC president after Snyder's JL run had already began. So if we take your logic that Johns micromanaged everything and wanted only "his vision" to be implemented, then Snyder would not be having this run unless Johns approved it, right? After all, those creative meetings happen months, sometimes years in advance. When Snyder pitched his Metal/JL storyline, Johns was still in charge. So, again, if we're to use your logic, then I guess we should be thanking Johns for this.

And the group still features the same members that it had since 2011 so I'm not sure what you mean. Unless you're specifically referring to Hal Jordan being shafted once again, which also happened while Johns was still in charge. Twice.
    I don't think Geoff Johns had anything against the Cyborg character. Why would he? Considering he got focused in both Throne of Atlantas and Forever Evil. With that said, the character was in some ways mishandled by Johns and fans been critical of the character on how poorly he's been written in the New 52. The ways Johns had written him was no different on how he did John Stewart. Being stoic, a loner, mopey, and self conscious about their lives. Johns has a tendency on writing similarities with these characters. I don't think he had anything against Cyborg. He gave him more focus at times to prove that Cyborg isn't on the team, because he's black, but because he's considered a valuable character.

DC Rebirth is pretty much from Geoff Johns' influence, since DCYOU failed miserably. I don't know whether Bryan Hitch or Christopher Priest kept him on the team because they wanted him there or were told to (same with Baz and Cruz), but there's no denying that it wouldn't look right if Cyborg gets removed from the team, since he's the only minority founder of the JL. I don't see how Geoff Johns wasn't part of that either. And some titles from Geoff Johns' influence failed to meet expectations, which you wouldn't have expect. Scott Snyder is one of DC's top writers, who they need right now. I don't think it's a matter of Geoff Johns choosing whether he wants one of DC's top writers to take over the Justice League franchise to help sales, but it's more of that he has "no choice", but to give him the approval to move forward with Scott's vision of the JL to make it a bigger success.

The bottom line is, I don't think Geoff Johns would be stupid enough to let his bias get in the way of DC's success.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 06-28-2018 at 10:10 PM.

Mighty Member

How was Cyborg under Bryan Hitch?
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    How was Cyborg under Bryan Hitch?
    I'd like to know as well, I skipped his run
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Uneventful. Then Priest for some reason had him call Batman "boss"...