Page 6 of 241 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    This already happened in Justice League #28

Attachment 5126

Attachment 5127

The second arc of Justice League we see Cyborg as a little despondent and kind of depressed. He basically lived in the watch tower and didn't sleep. Since than original Watch Towers been destroyed. We've seen him reconcile with his father (finally) and appear to be much more sociable/upbeat. It's been pretty slow going but there's been some subtle growth. He doesn't live in the watch tower anymore since the original one was destroyed for a few months and we know he wasn't living in the Batcave.

Cyborg's had about 14 different/distinct incarnations (5 comic, 3 video game, 5 animated, 1 live action). We got no idea how the movie is going to handle Cyborg apart from he will be in it and we will probably get close to his New 52 origin in some way.

For me its just a wait and see. How they handle Cyborg will have big implicaitons for his public perception. I'm remaining optimistic at this point.

As for the character, he's always had a tragic origin. The loss of his mother and the brutal maiming thats first and foremost. He's angry and depressed in some versions and rightfully so, than you see how he heals and grows overcoming his disabilities.which is the more interesting/compelling part of his character.

Over the years Cyborg's become more robotic than his original incarnation and I'm not exactly sure why. But I think some people are jumping the gun that are worried about his next live action incarnation. I believe/hope WB will aim for something that looks good, and won't be a huge monstrosity, just for aesthetic and budgetery reasons. My biggest fear is will see Robocop (2014), which I personally found to be a very depressing film. I believe will see a character thats a more human (to give the actor Ray Fisher more to work with) and will probably wear clothes, but he will be a little more robotic than the Le Thompson Young (r.i.p) version.

There's also Tales Of Teen Titans # 57 when he had synthetic skin.

Attachment 5156

wtf?!?!

spoilers from bleeding cool for Grayson #1:

http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-conte...252.jpg?9098e0

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/...ayson-spoiler/

I don;t know if I agree with his
    The J-man

BANNED

wtf?!?!

spoilers from bleeding cool for Grayson #1:

http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-conte...252.jpg?9098e0

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/...ayson-spoiler/

I don;t know if I agree with his
    I think Rich might've forgotten there we already knew Spyral know Batman's identity from Batman Incorporated- they're headed up by Kathy Kane.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I think Rich might've forgotten there we already knew Spyral know Batman's identity from Batman Incorporated- they're headed up by Kathy Kane.
    I think I might have. Of course in Batman Inc, Stephanie Brown was Batgirl.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    I think I might have. Of course in Batman Inc, Stephanie Brown was Batgirl.
    That was Leviathan Strikes that was set before the reboot.

So lately people have been talking about Cyborg's connection to Cyberspace and its really something he owns that no other mainstream human character does. Ironman, Steel, Mr. Terrific and other geniuses don't have the connector and the ability to manipulate and traverse cyberspace to the degree Victor can.

Anyway just reminded me of the show Superhuman Samurai Syber Squadfor a second. Anyone else watch this as a kid growing up.

The J-man

Astonishing Member

Excited to see cyborg on big screen.
    I thought justice league doom had the best looking cyborg.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikonic View Post
    Fix Cyborg.

Give him a new body that allows him to be A MAN. More man than machine. Allow him to look human. To have a normal life like the "others" do. Then when its time to work he can activate the cybernetic parts required for battle. It would be a much better visual.

You are so very right in this assessment. I don't know why they couldn't find a way to do the Smallville version with minimal needed upgrading.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    You are so very right in this assessment. I don't know why they couldn't find a way to do the Smallville version with minimal needed upgrading.
    Smallville Cyborg with elements of Teen Titans Cyborg and some New 52 Cyborg is a perfect way he to introduce the characters. Particularly because Smallville and Teen Titans are the main reason I became a fan of the character.

Vic'tory' Stone doesn't run from anybody

Cyborg busting some Parademon heads in Robin Rises:

The J-man

Vic'tory' Stone doesn't run from anybody

That is a freakin awesome pic!

Cyborg's Origin from Justice League War

The J-man

from the Superman/Wonder Woman annual preview

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=22923

Superman titles have actually had some decent Cyborg showings. Like in that "Superman H'el on Earth" cross over and this current Superman Doomsday arch. Now he hasn't done enough to warrant picking up those titles purely for Cyborg imo; still considering how limited his appearances are as he's only being showcased in Justice League, with DC's most popular characters, and Johns penchant for focussing non title characters, Vic's showings are a little limited.

Also Vic did have a moment with Shazam in last week's Justice League. I thought it was ok, but didn't love the fill in artists depiction of Cyborg.

I do like that Johns has and some other writers have really played up Cyborg's hacking/technological interfacing prowess. Gives him something he can really stand above any other hero in. Johns even took it much farther than I thought he would after Vic bested Darkseid's forces. Hacking Green Lantern rings is pretty huge.

I'm a little worried about this lazy tactic some writers are using with Batman, where he can just press a button and fry Victors systems or hack him. Considering how advanced Cyborg is and some of his advanced feats to his point that should be beyond Batman. Plus it's done in unnecessary ways.
    Last edited by Jabare; 08-05-2014 at 07:37 PM.
    The J-man

BANNED

I really really want to know what that green button does. It's killing me.

I loved Vic calling Shazam "Sparky". It reminded me of how the NTT would tease each other with nicknames. It's a good sign that Shazam will help Vic come out of his shell.

Batman taking out Cyborg and pretty much the whole Justice League in Robin Rises was ridiculous. That was the epitome of the Batgod character I hate. Seriously, Batman hacked Cyborg? The world's greatest tech not to mention Apokoliptian tech. No.