Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Default Screw AGES, Let's talk X-Statures!!

Can we talk about how according to the Marvel Handbook, some of the X-men have some srsly WTF weights/ height measurements??

For instance- Psylocke is supposed to be 5'' ft 11 in tall and weigh 155... Warpath is 7'2 350 lbs...

emma is 5''10 145lbs, Iceman is a cute 5'8 145lbs, Storm is 5''11 127...

What do you think of the stats of your fave X-men?

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Cyclops, who I like, is 6' something, while Wolvie, who I dislike, is 5'3, my height -_-
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Well I've always been fond of Psylocke and Emma's Xenaesque proportions. When I was a little girl I wanted to grow into a body like that. I find interesting that they are the same height as Storm but outweigh her by about 18 to 28 pounds yet they're usually all drawn with about the same thickness and the rare times they're not it's usually Psylocke and possibly Emma who are portrayed as thinner.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 01-28-2015 at 10:44 AM.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I think it's high time artists start drawing characters based on their MU handbook stats. Kitty, who is only 5'4 and weighs like 120 is the most "real" sized.

Dazzler who is 5''8 115, is worrisome.

Jubes is too tall - 5'5?! She's an olympic gymnast. She's suppose to be petite. Small package - Big Boom!

She should be 5'1 at most. No way she should be near Kitty in height. And yes I'm going to be the only person arguing I want my fav to be way shorter.

(And she should have "proportional" assets for a gymnast)

Remy should be lanky as funk, but just a smidge under Cyke, who should be slightly bulkier. Bishop and Colossus should be the tallest X-family members. Just based on my general feelings.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 01-28-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Do hope they don't use the reboot to make Logan taller.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Do hope they don't use the reboot to make Logan taller.
    Let's hope not - his the Wolverine for a reason. Logan needs to be short...5'3 -5'4 maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Jubes is too tall - 5'5?! She's an olympic gymnast. She's suppose to be petite. Small package - Big Boom!

She should be 5'1 at most. No way she should be near Kitty in height. And yes I'm going to be the only person arguing I want my fav to be way shorter.

Remy should be lanky as funk, but just a smidge under Cyke, who should be slightly bulkier. Bishop and Colossus should be the tallest X-family members. Just based on my general feelings.
    Doesn't it seem like there are more relatively "taller" gymnasts now? Like back in the 90's Jubilee definitely would have been considered a giant but now seems like it's not that unusual to see gymnasts who are above 5 feet.

Agree with all of this. Jubes is suppose to be petite and athletic. Remy is lithe, lean and acrobatic.

I've never understood where Marvel gets or makes up some of these sizes. Some of it makes one roll the eyes.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Doesn't it seem like there are more relatively "taller" gymnasts now? Like back in the 90's Jubilee definitely would have been considered a giant but now seems like it's not that unusual to see gymnasts who are above 5 feet.
    Yeah, true. American and European gymnasts are now about 5'3 and up. Chinese gymnasts are still shorter at an average height of 4'9 -5'1.

I just feel 5'5 is a bit tall for someone that is always drawn as shorter than Logan.

BANNED

Yeah, true. American and European gymnasts are now about 5'3 and up. Chinese gymnasts are still shorter at an average height of 4'9 -5'1.

I just feel 5'5 is a bit tall for someone that is always drawn as shorter than Logan.
    X-23 suffers the same; she's officially 5'6" and 147lbs, but is frequently drawn as much as a head shorter than Wolverine.

Her stats on paper are about right if you assume about 10lbs of that for her claws, which her official stats don't specify the way they do with Logan's adamantium (Miesha Tate, who is the same height and has the right sort of build I would imagine, weighs 134lb). Personally, I think she would work better shorter, in the 5'0" - 5'3" range, since she's also supposed to be an Olympic-level gymnast.

Good point about Logan. The artists don't often take into account how tall the characters are relative to each other.

Domino, according to Comic Vine, is 5'8" and 120lbs. Sounds good to me...

Frenzy is supposed to be 6'11 but she has been drawn around a foot shorter recently
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Rogue is 5'8" and 120 lbs. Sounds like the average body type for models in the 80's. :-/