Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Cyclops, who I like, is 6' something, while Wolvie, who I dislike, is 5'3, my height -_-
    Don't worry, as you get older you'll grow. You might also grow out of liking Cyclops.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    Don't worry, as you get older you'll grow. You might also grow out of liking Cyclops.
    I'm 23, no mo' growing for me ;-; Only Marvel can ruin Cyke for me, specially with all his current "brotherhood talk" he's been spouting in UXM because of the Will lol
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    I'm 23, no mo' growing for me ;-; Only Marvel can ruin Cyke for me, specially with all his current "brotherhood talk" he's been spouting in UXM because of the Will lol
    Oh, sorry buddy, I just assumed anybody that liked Cyclops was about 8 or something.

Nevermind, there's nothing wrong with being short. Good things can come in small packages!

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    Oh, sorry buddy, I just assumed anybody that liked Cyclops was about 8 or something.

Nevermind, there's nothing wrong with being short. Good things can come in small packages!
    (On the bold) Well!!! I never!!! Who do old 20 yr geezers like?
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I think I remember an old Jim Lee card saying Kurt was like 6'2 or something. I dont think he was as tall pre Excalibur, he was about average but you could say he was still growing when he went to Excalibur since he was about 21-22 when that group started.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Remy should be lanky as funk, but just a smidge under Cyke, who should be slightly bulkier. Bishop and Colossus should be the tallest X-family members. Just based on my general feelings.
    Right on all counts. Remy is usually listed as 6'1", 180ish, as opposed to the 6'3" Cyclops, who was a beanpole 175 back in the day but bulked up to 195 after Jim Lee got a hold of him (which is why it was troubling to see Cyke looking so haggard in "AvX").

Wolverine was described as 5'5" in his first appearance, which should have been canon (unless they were counting his boot treads). 5'3" comes across as a little too short, but I won't argue with it. It's cool that the shortest guy on the team is the toughest scrapper. Marvel missed an opportunity to make him taller, though, during the whole Apocalypse and "The Twelve" storyline. Apocalypse got the adamantium he implanted in Logan from Sabretooth ... it would have been relatively plausible to say Apocalypse used some of the surplus metal to stretch Logan a bit, to, say, 5'7" (which would have accounted for him being taller than Jean in Ethan Van Sciver's "New X-Men" issues), buuuuut nope. Widdle Wolvie remains the norm.

Cable is portrayed almost as inconsistently as Wolverine. He's always been listed as 6'8" on Marvel's stat sheets, but these days most artists tend to draw him as 6'5" tops.

The 5'8" Iceman was as tall as the 6' Havok during Milligan and Larroca's run. I've wondered if maybe Iceman grew a bit between the O5 days and now. It's conceivable he might be 5'10" as a 25-ish adult.

Toad is one of few characters to legitimately gain height. He was a fat 5'8" back in the day, but he slimmed down in the '90s and then mutated into a more svelte 5'9" in the 2000s.

Nightcrawler is also 5'9". He was drawn wayyyyyy too tall in the '90s "Excalibur" books.

(The Spider-Man forum could use a thread like this. I don't care what the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe says--Steve Ditko consistently drew Doctor Octopus as several inches taller than a 5'10" Spider-Man. He was stocky, not stumpy--at least 6'1")
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

The exact height of a character has always depended on the time and what was happening to that character. Originally, Jean was 5'4 (short with long legs), and then 5'6. She was drawn as a taller woman during her fashion model days, and then after the X-movies she was depicted as a tall woman. In X-men Evolution, Jean's official height is 5'10. In modern times, she was often drawn to be Emma's nemesis, = in height in the panels. I try not to focus on exact height because it will probably change anyway. One can also argue that as Phoenix with her matter manipulation powers, Jean can be any height she chooses. So for Jean I consider her a tall woman, although not as tall as someone like Storm who is 5'11''. I do find it funny that Psylocke's Asian body just happened to be the same height as her caucasian body considering most Asian women are not that all for the most part. Then again, it seems that mutant woman are genetically superior than human women because their proportions are not easily achieved by the average human female. In fact there should be a rule that officially states that part of being a human looking mutant is having an incredible body unless your mutation involves physical abnormalities such as like with the Blob. That way normal human readers would stop complaining that the hypersexualized way mutants are drawn is an unrealistic view of the anatomy.

I have noticed the female members of the team seem to be slimming down in areas and gaining weight in others. Rogue and Psylocke have both gotten slimmer, gone down in bust size, but picked upped weight around the waist. We're really starting to move away from the Amazon figure and maybe getting to something more in keeping with reality. X-woman to me should be: Slim, healthy and muscular - like olympic sprinters or female UFC fighters.

20130222_071706_DS23UFCWEIGHINSROUSEYHG01.jpg

Beautiful, smart and will kick the living funk out of you.

And there are positives among the new X-girls too - they're shorter and no longer popping out of their uniforms (mostly) - Marvel's finally realising that girls read comics too and not just horny teenage boys.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 01-29-2015 at 12:02 PM.

I always thought Jean and Storm were the same height. Stats tell me otherwise. In my head, Jean will always be an almost 6' fiery goddess.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

so kwannon is 6'1 tho right? thats badass. What are Tempo's stats because they're presenting a lithe graceful figure and I really like that idea with her armor. its very regal.

also, Emma is 5''10 145lbs. Storm is 5'11 127. wassup with that?

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    also, Emma is 5''10 145lbs. Storm is 5'9 125. wassup with that?
    Storm is 5'11". Her original weight was 127lb back in the 90's, but they more recently upped her to 145lb, which makes more sense given her athletic and voluptuous build. I mean, let's be real, those trading card writers where just throwing numbers out, they weren't sports medicine analysts.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

and of course, Marvel always forgets that wolverine is 5'3, 195lbs. where's the short king pride?

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm is 5'11". Her original weight was 127lb back in the 90's, but they more recently upped her to 145lb, which makes more sense given her athletic and voluptuous build. I mean, let's be real, those trading card writers where just throwing numbers out, they weren't sports medicine analysts.
    I think I even read somewhere back in the 90's, although it was probably a mistake that Storm was 5'11 and 109 pounds! Must have had her on a diet, lol!

I have seen the 127 used most often but more recently the 145.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    and of course, Marvel always forgets that wolverine is 5'3, 195lbs. where's the short king pride?
    Sometimes Marvel says 300 pounds total with all of the Adamantium on him.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!