Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I recently made a piece of fanart depicting a Summers family photo, I shared on twitter.

I made Wolverine short (Giant Size X-Men Dauterman short) and I made Rachel taller than Betsy (yes I included Betsy)

The number of heinous and hateful DMs and/or comments I got about height and/or queer discourse shattered me.

Anyways.
    Wolverine IS short and I argue that Rachel uses TK to be the tall one over Betsy, since I didn't check handbooks for stats, because that's her vibe. <shrug>

Handbook and trading card stat content is fully insane when it comes to assigning WEIGHT -- especially to the ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I recently made a piece of fanart depicting a Summers family photo, I shared on twitter.

I made Wolverine short (Giant Size X-Men Dauterman short) and I made Rachel taller than Betsy (yes I included Betsy)

The number of heinous and hateful DMs and/or comments I got about height and/or queer discourse shattered me.

Anyways.
    Wolverine IS short and I argue that Rachel uses TK to be the tall one over Betsy, since I didn't check handbooks for stats, because that's her vibe. <shrug>

Handbook and trading card stat content is fully insane when it comes to assigning WEIGHT -- especially to the ladies.
    Sorry to hear about the hate. But I'd love to see your art.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Wolverine got his growth spurt when 6' 2" Hugh Jackman was cast to play him in the X-Men movies.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I am fully gagged. I like that kitty is 5'5 like 113. Dazzler being 5'8 115... most of the x-women are like 5'7 to 5'8

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    X-23 suffers the same; she's officially 5'6" and 147lbs, but is frequently drawn as much as a head shorter than Wolverine.

Her stats on paper are about right if you assume about 10lbs of that for her claws, which her official stats don't specify the way they do with Logan's adamantium (Miesha Tate, who is the same height and has the right sort of build I would imagine, weighs 134lb). Personally, I think she would work better shorter, in the 5'0" - 5'3" range, since she's also supposed to be an Olympic-level gymnast.
    I never understood why they keep screwing with the Wolverine family's height (except in the movies, because I think Hugh Jackman was fantastic despite the height issue). They work so much better as tiny little Tasmanian Devil balls of energy. But I think it is more to give them the movie star looks and feel. They have to be good looking (Logan wasn't supposed to be conventionally handsome), and hold their own against the pretty boys/girls.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    also, Emma is 5''10 145lbs. Storm is 5'11 127. wassup with that?
    How heavy is a few hundred CCs of silicone?

Anyways.

That sucks and I'm sorry to hear that. I personally hope you shut that stuff out and keep drawing because you're really good at it. I once saw a B&W you did of HeliX and some other X-couples that was so fucking fantastic! :c)
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I think I remember an old Jim Lee card saying Kurt was like 6'2 or something. I dont think he was as tall pre Excalibur, he was about average but you could say he was still growing when he went to Excalibur since he was about 21-22 when that group started.
    Kurt’s 5’9” and he was 21 in Uncanny Xmen Annual 4 in 1980. So he should be 23 or so by Excalibur?
    I believe he’s either 175 or 195lbs, depending on the source.
    Last edited by Su_Whisterfield; 09-07-2022 at 02:54 PM.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Anyways.

That’s just so horrible and mean spirited; you are sharing your art for free, because of the love of the characters, people are so entitled and ungrateful.

Astonishing Member

Because of blatant favoritism i looked up what the official sources say on Marrow's height, especialy since i recall some to have stated that she is 6 feet tall (around 1,80 meter).

And indeed at least one source lists her with that measurement. However the fan wiki and other sources list her at 5 feet 8 inch (roughly 1,73 meter) which seems to be taken from the official handbooks (which aren't the most definitive source either) and closer to most depictions of her in the comics.

If i had to guess where the 6 feet thing comes from, it would be that this is roughly her height in Marvel vs. Capcom 2, as seen when she stands straight for her victory pose.

However looking up her earlier appearances during Operation Zero Tolerance, which is where her now default design by Joe Mad was introduced, it's notably that she is actualy depicted as only slightly shorter than Spiderman who according to official sources is 5 feet 10 (1,78 meters).
    Similar there is a scene where Cecilia Reyes is directly going up in her face asking her: "What's your major malfunction", which clearly depicts Sarah as at least 1 or 2 inch taller than Reyes who is also in heels. Cecilia in turn is officialy listed as 5 feet 7.
    So there is some wiggle room that Marrow might be up to 5 feet 9 tall depending on the artist.

I never minded the weight numbers my mind always conpensated. Like i think 127 was a good weight for storm if they are talking her normal base weight. I imagine she may settle at 145 but by the time she uses her powers and processes lightning or any other element through her mutant metabolism she is constantly dropping weight so i imagine someone like her would have like 1% body fat compared to a mutant that is the same height with a normal metabolism that engages in the same work out activity as she would.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I never minded the weight numbers my mind always conpensated. Like i think 127 was a good weight for storm if they are talking her normal base weight. I imagine she may settle at 145 but by the time she uses her powers and processes lightning or any other element through her mutant metabolism she is constantly dropping weight so i imagine someone like her would have like 1% body fat compared to a mutant that is the same height with a normal metabolism that engages in the same work out activity as she would.
    Like, I am 6' and about 150lbs. I think 145 for Storm is spot on. 127 would be like superskinny, not a "beat you hand to hand, with ample bust and rump" figure.

I think "mutant metabolism" is more a factor of increased mitochondria activity/density generating more ATP/energy.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Maybe we're all overthinking this. Occam's Razor...maybe the Official Guidebooks simply list whatever the characters say they are or put down on their X-Men/Brotherhood/Morlock/Etc. applications and took it as fact. (I'm a hair over 5'9", but if anyone but a doctor asks it is 'magically' 5'10".)

I could just picture Wolverine doing his first X-Man physical with Jeanie and Scott watching.

PA: 'Okay. Tape says you're 5'2" Mr. Howlett.'
    Wolverine (shoots an embarrassed glance over to Jeanie and a smirking Scott): 'I said I'm 5'7" damn it! SNICKT!!!!'
    PA: 'Okay. Okay. 5'7" it is...'
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

I've always found Mercury's official weight of 114 lbs interesting, as that makes her body less dense than the lightest known metals. For comparison, if she was made of actual mercury, her weight would be close to a ton. Her low mass appears confirmed by the books, since we've seen her float in water and being carried by others without much effort. So whatever she's made of must be some truly magical material.
    It also means she should be able to fly or glide if she was to form wings or took on a kite-like shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Sometimes Marvel says 300 pounds total with all of the Adamantium on him.
    Erik Larsen and Larry Hama say otherwise and I trust them.

I've always just assumed one writer meant to say 10 pounds and accidentally stuck another 0 at the end and nobody ever caught it.
    Sticking a hundred pounds of metal on a guy that you expect to be fast and agile just doesn't make sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Let's be honest, that strip search probably had very little to do with looking for weapons.

They say the skeleton is about 15% of body weight. If the hydroxyapatite(calcium phosphate) is somehow replaced with a known metal like iron, it would in theory roughly double the weight of the skeleton. If adamantium is at least as dense as iron(it probably is more dense), that would add about 30 lbs to his overall weight. Considering his healing factor(and thus muscle regeneration), this added weight wouldn't be difficult to adjust to, especially over decades of time, and thus wouldn't impede his overall agility. Even if adamantium is several times more dense than iron(and thus the added weight is closer to 100lbs), I still think given the nature of his physiology, he could adapt to the extra weight(he does have low level super-strength based on his mutation, and with the healing factor added, he would adapt to the extra load).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!