Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

at least cyclops got this guy on his side before he died...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    I did as well. It may have been above the average reader's paygrade, but I fully appreciated the scope of what Morrison was pulling together.
    I am really sick of this ridiculous argument...some people out there seem to be under the delusion that not liking everything Morrison puts out must mean they didn't really understand it...it is fully possible to understand his writing on every level and still think it is crap...get over yourself.

Final Crisis wasn't even good by Morrison standards...it alternated between needlessly convoluted and outright boring...and, as is the problem with almost everything he writes involving characters he didn't create (or recreate) himself, the characterization was awful pretty much across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    I am really sick of this ridiculous argument...some people out there seem to be under the delusion that not liking everything Morrison puts out must mean they didn't really understand it...it is fully possible to understand his writing on every level and still think it is crap...get over yourself.

Final Crisis wasn't even good by Morrison standards...it alternated between needlessly convoluted and outright boring...and, as is the problem with almost everything he writes involving characters he didn't create (or recreate) himself, the characterization was awful pretty much across the board.
    Agreed, Morrison has written plenty great stuff, but there's usually plenty of (as you say) needlessly convoluted stuff in along with the good.
    As a result his work generally comes out just okay for me in the end.
    To this day I don't think he's written a run as good as his JLA - (New X-Men was great but it fell at the final hurdle)
    But JLA had lot's of good ideas and a few crazy/interesting concepts without the need to go completely over the top!

...............Anyway I'm waaaaay off topic.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    Agreed, Morrison has written plenty great stuff, but there's usually plenty of (as you say) needlessly convoluted stuff in along with the good.
    As a result his work generally comes out just okay for me in the end.
    To this day I don't think he's written a run as good as his JLA - (New X-Men was great but it fell at the final hurdle)
    But JLA had lot's of good ideas and a few crazy/interesting concepts without the need to go completely over the top!

...............Anyway I'm waaaaay off topic.
    Off topic or no, I think Morrison peaked with JLA too...that run was great but I think part of it was that editors still reigned him in a little...after that, they just let him run wild...I know there was some editorial interference up front with his X-Men run (mostly with regards to line-up) but that seems like the extent of it...and that was not a good thing.

And you're better off than I am if you still find his stuff ok...because I can barely stand his work anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Off topic or no, I think Morrison peaked with JLA too
    Same here, at least when it comes to super-hero stuff.
    Animal Man was also a very strong run. It gets weird and meta but it remains tight and perfectly readable. I wish i could say the same about his Invisibles towards the end.

Anyway, powerful emotional moment with Emma in this issue. It got me.
    Last edited by Fifolet; 03-02-2015 at 07:21 AM.

BANNED

I Just getting around to realizing that Matthew Malloy has killed Scott and Emma while Eva Bell is playing time-tag with a younger Charles Xavier... I wonder how long they will stay dead because I'm fairly sure that their deaths will not be permanent.