Amazing Member

Default The Best Bendis DD, New Avengers, Alias Reading Order

I'm going strictly by trades. Do you guys know the perfect reading order for this stuff?

How does this list look?

Daredevil Bendis Vol 1-7
    Allias 1-4
    Daredevil Bendis Vol 9
    The Pulse Vol 1
    Daredevil Vol 10
    Daredevil Vol 11 The Golden Age
    New Avengers Vol 1
    The Pulse Vol 2
    Daredevil Vol 12 Decalogue
    House of M
    New Avengers Vol 2
    Daredevil Vol 13 Murdock Papers
    New Avengers Vol 3
    The Pulse Vol 3
    Spider-Woman: Origins
    Spider-Man: Stracyznski Ultimate Collection Vol 5 (1st three issues) The Spidey Civil War Books are important
    Civil War
    New Avengers Vol 4

And how would you incorporate Amazing Spider-Man into this?

Astonishing Member

Hope you don't mind if I hijack your thread to ask one question. Are these titles interconnected?

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

I can only really comment on the New Avengers and ASM, but this order definately works. However, New Avengers vol 2 is set before House of M, not after. All of the JMS ASM stories up until Civil War can be read pretty much anywhere before Civil War. The ASM Civil War book runs concurrently with Civil War, however, you can can read it before Civil War (it doesn't have any major spoilers). As for the ASM spin offs, all of the Peter Parker: Spider-Man and Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man Civil War stories are set after Civil War #3, butbefore #7. Hope this helps.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

If you're throwing a Bendis reading order together, you also need Secret War, the Bendis/Dell'Otto mini-series. It fits after The Pulse volume one, but before New Avengers volume one.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Hope you don't mind if I hijack your thread to ask one question. Are these titles interconnected?
    To a degree. Alias and Daredevil were coming out at the same time, written by the same writer, with characters who interacted. There were some moments where you see the same scene from both Daredevil and Jessica Jones's point of view. That said, each stands perfectly well on its own.

Amazing Member

Yeah, they're interconnected.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    If you're throwing a Bendis reading order together, you also need Secret War, the Bendis/Dell'Otto mini-series. It fits after The Pulse volume one, but before New Avengers volume one.

To a degree. Alias and Daredevil were coming out at the same time, written by the same writer, with characters who interacted. There were some moments where you see the same scene from both Daredevil and Jessica Jones's point of view. That said, each stands perfectly well on its own.
    I like Pulse fairly well. Thoughts on Secret War? Never read it.

I've actually read all of these before. Just trying to give a chronological order to some friends who prefer to read it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by macicenuke View Post
    Thoughts on Secret War? Never read it.
    It's very pretty. Dell'Otto's fully painted art is a treat. Story-wise, there's not a lot to it, although it does feature some concepts and characters that Bendis and others would explore in more detail later on. It was a bit of a letdown on release, due to a quarterly release schedule, but it reads well in trade.

If you've read The Pulse, it runs in parallel with #6-9. One of the inciting incidents is an attack on Luke Cage, which Jessica investigates.