Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Spidey & The Breakfast Club #2 Review & Spoilers

Last time we found Spidey and his charges captured by the Dinomite Duo of Sauron and Stegeron and betrayed by Shark Girl! What will happen next?!?

The issue opens up with Spidey and Co busting out of the ropes and defending themselves from the Dino Duo's army of triceratops. During the scuffle Ernst and Spidey discover that the the Triceratops were actually people!

Spidey tells the team to surrender and Sauron says that he has found a way to use the DNA from Dinosaurs bones to turn people into Dinosaurs. Spidey asks him why he dosen't use this knowledge to cure cancer; to which Sauron says he doesn't want to cure cancer but to turn people into Dinosaurs. They capture the team again and head back to their base.

At the base Sauron starts hitting on Shark Girl and starts to notice that Sauron is bossing Stegeron around. Meanwhile down in the cells, Spidey and Eye-Boy think of a plan to have Glob squeeze through the bars and turn off the power dampener. But Glob gets stuck.

Shark Girl arrives and says she's on their side and explains the situation and that Sauron has a crush on her. Hellion says that's creepy and Shark Girl yells at him for thinking that their aren't guys out there that think Shark Girls are hot. Anyway Sauron comes down and they take them up to the Dinocizer machine where they turn Glob into a triceratops.

A cute pink see through Triceratops. Much to Ernst's delight.

Spidey and Co bust free and start to counterattack but Sauron tackles him through the wall. Hellion takes the rest of them outside to fight Sauron; while Shark Girl fakes interest in Stegeron to help them. Stegeron decides he dosen't need Sauron anymore and the two come to blows. Much to Spidey and Rockslide's surprise. Rockslide supplies this issues' Godzilla refrences; saying that seeing Stergeron and Sauron fight is like a mini version of Godzilla vs Rodan.

Godzilla Fact of the Day: Godzilla has only really fought Rodan on two minor occasions. Once in 1993's Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II and later in 2014 Godzilla Final Wars. Most of the time Rodan is Godzilla's BFF.

Back to the story!

Stegeron's new power syphioning powers seem to have a bizarre effect when countered with Sauron's hypnosis and they both turn to stone. Spidey congrats Shark Girl on her efforts and Captain Falcon comes to take the bad guys away. Hellion isn't too fond of the Avengers, and Rockslide reminds him that Wolverine used to be an Avenger as well. But Hellion says he had his issues with Wolverine as well. which is true considering, Wolverine did call Hellion a Time Bomb more than once.

Storm comes to pick them but PLOT twist! The team gets gassed and knocked out by the Chameleon who is working for Mojo! Chemeleon asks Mojo if he wants him to kill the X-Kids, but he tell him no because the X-Men are Ratings gold! Meanwhile the Real Storm is yelling at Spidey's answering machine asking where her students are.

So issue two wraps up in a rather solid fashion. The dialogue was better this issue and the art was good too. Plus there 2 for 2 in Godzilla references. There wasn't a whole lot of progress on which student is the mole, but Hellion had a couple comments that could be seen as antagonistic but I still think its ether Eye Boy, Ernst or No Girl. Also they kinda ship teased Hellion/Shark Girl a bit. Whether you think this is an upgrade from X-23 I'll leave that up too you. Though if you are a Shark Girl fan this is issue is a must read. Most plot focus she's got since her intro Issue in WATXM vol 1.

Bring on Mojoworld next month!
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Does Shark Girl have fans?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Back in CBR 1.0 she did
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

This little gem came from the issue:

Also the greatest thing to happen to Glob Herman:

Isn't mojo dead or unemployed? I think he was the mastermind in x-force

Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    Isn't mojo dead or unemployed? I think he was the mastermind in x-force
    he escaped off panel

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    This little gem came from the issue:
    Well, at least he has a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Well, at least he has a goal.
    This already is getting a lot of praise from the tumblr crowd lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Barley. I keep forgetting that character exists.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

It almost reads to me like it's part of Marvel Adventures or some other off sides book. It does deliver though. It's kooky, weird and doesn't take it's self too seriously. It focuses on the class of the school and their adventures. So it lives up to what it's supposed to be, a lighthearted zany adventure about teen heroes. UDON style Spider-man distracted me, that was about my only complaint.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    he escaped off panel
    lol, ok lets say it was some kind of magic then, jajaja

Well there could be a chance that the spy isn't one of these students and someone that the X-Men never noticed like Crosta, Indra, or Match

Okay this issue won me over a bit.

Shark-girl getting so much attention is kinda weird though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Well there could be a chance that the spy isn't one of these students and someone that the X-Men never noticed like Crosta, Indra, or Match
    Or it could be Toad, the guy who was literally the mole last time and they hired back for some reason.