Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by insidemyhead View Post
    I want to really like this book, because I like Hellion, Ernst, and Martha a lot, but it's just all so sloppily done. I think any of the students could be swapped out for any other student of that type without changing the dialogue or script, which is not good.
    I bought the first two issues, and I don't disagree. I'm a Morrison NXM fan, and this Glob Hermann might as well be a different character. However, I don't take my comics too seriously when something doesn't quite line up like I think I should; I just shrug my shoulders and use my head cannon to make sense of things.

I get what the comic is going for, and even though I don't think it's quite hitting all the right notes, I'm still enjoying it for the fun comic that it's trying to be. Plus, I'll deal with just about anything if it means I get to read about Stregon the Dinosaur Man.

-Pav, who hasn't decided if he'll continue with the rest of the series...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Or it could be Toad, the guy who was literally the mole last time and they hired back for some reason.
    I thought they fired him?

BANNED

When Sharkgirl first appeard she was able to turn back but ever since that issue all we see her is when she is ''sharked'' up.
    What is the status on this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I thought they fired him?
    He first left to rescue the kids that had defected to the Hellfire Club and Husk, who had gone mad and joined too. Later he left because he couldn't stand being around his beloved Husk anymore.

I have said it many times: A guy able to build spaceships and superpowered androids (he built androids with the same powers as the Brotherhood of Evil, Magneto included) shouldn't work as a janitor. The X-Men were incredible short-sighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    He first left to rescue the kids that had defected to the Hellfire Club and Husk, who had gone mad and joined too. Later he left because he couldn't stand being around his beloved Husk anymore.
    No, they definitely fired him.

Spectacular Member SoupStainedTie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Thunder View Post
    When Sharkgirl first appeard she was able to turn back but ever since that issue all we see her is when she is ''sharked'' up.
    What is the status on this ?
    I can't quite recall, but didn't Aaron briefly hint that she was spending more time in shark form and was beginning to like being more shark than girl?

That can be used as an explanation, though I highly doubt we'll ever see it addressed in this book.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Does Shark Girl have fans?
    (Raise hands) Me!

I almost didn't find this thread because of the misleading title. Anyway, I still feel like I need a primer on who the Xkids are, and the rest of the book is getting a bit too silly for my taste. Seriously, Sauron and Stegron fighting over a teenaged Shark girl? Isn't Sauron supposed to be above that? (And when was he a teacher at the school?) And the Chameleon working for Mojo? WTF?! , I think Arcade would've worked just as well, here.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I almost didn't find this thread because of the misleading title. Anyway, I still feel like I need a primer on who the Xkids are, and the rest of the book is getting a bit too silly for my taste. Seriously, Sauron and Stegron fighting over a teenaged Shark girl? Isn't Sauron supposed to be above that? (And when was he a teacher at the school?) And the Chameleon working for Mojo? WTF?! , I think Arcade would've worked just as well, here.
    Sauron tought Evil Science at the Hellfire Academy during WATXM vol 1, which Glob joined because he wanted to betray the X-Men

Also you got to remember that this Book is a supposed to be a more light hearted non Cyclops agnst book.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Also you've to remeber that neither Sauron nor Stegron had ever been the good example of coherence and mental stability. At time they both reversed, like most metahuman with animalistic traits, to their most feral instinct, other times behaved like the most brutal hired thugs, and in case of Sauron his bio-vampiric powers combined with his hypnosis make him aseriously creepy predatory characters(consider that in fiction all form of vampirism had always a certain sexual subtext, as hypnosis hold an abusive subtext...combine the two and...).