Default Deadpool #41 spoilers (Wade in the Middle East!!!)

spoilers:

In the recap page, Lil Deadpool shares his sadness about not being happy and references a one-hit wonder from the 80’s.

Wade is sad and some lady glares at him as he watches a women’s aerobics class. He now goes to Shiklah and not even a chimichanga feast can quell his sadness. She tells him to basically get out and enjoy himself then come back. (She’s a keeper)

He then takes a nap and is woken up by the driver of a Bueno Boy truck who he pulls a gun on. Wade takes the truck to one of Butler’s medical bays and proceeds to play video games and eat snacks. He opens the 90’s fridge and spots some of the “Tabula Rasa” and has a Butler induced flashback. As he thinks about taking the drug his phone rings and the call is from Peter Petruski (Trapster). He’s been hired by Roxxon to crack some skulls in the Middle East (specifically Al Wazirabad) and they’re willing to double/triple the rate.

Wade arrives and finds out that Roxxon is not only drilling oil but also shipping lots of priceless artifacts. Peter mentions that some of the mercs are purposely giving the locals a hard time.

Wade is introduced to the leader of the merc outfit named Potter and finds out that since the locals haven’t fled, they’ve been tasked to wipe them all out. Later, Wade debates taking the Tabula Rasa right before the assignment, but decides to do the heroic thing and uses it on Potter instead. He, Potter, and Peter proceed to shoot the other mercenaries.

After using Potter’s tighty whitey’s as a flag , Wade tells him to get out , drop, and give him fifty push-ups while Wade talks to the locals.
    Finally, it is revealed that they are being surveyed from a distance and one of the people in that outfit is… Omega Red.
    end of spoilers

Pretty decent set-up with some laughs.
    Last edited by pinoypanzer; 02-02-2015 at 08:02 AM.

This issue was kind of meh to me.

I liked the contrast between the bouncy art and Deadpool actually considering throwing his entire life away. Bringing back Tabula Rusa at this point in the game was a great move.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I liked the contrast between the bouncy art and Deadpool actually considering throwing his entire life away. Bringing back Tabula Rusa at this point in the game was a great move.
    It's funny in Joe Kelly's run he was trying to be good but kept finding himself going several steps back and now he's struggling between numbing himself and going back to his previous way of life but now the desire to be the good guy is what wins out (so far).

Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    It's funny in Joe Kelly's run he was trying to be good but kept finding himself going several steps back and now he's struggling between numbing himself and going back to his previous way of life but now the desire to be the good guy is what wins out (so far).
    Great point. I noticed this as well.

In the wake of the upcoming fight between Deadpool & Omega Red I think it's as good as time as any to post these:

I take it this is the Omega Red Clone from Remender's Uncanny X-Force? Didn't he die also? So a clone of a clone?
    Last edited by pinoypanzer; 01-29-2015 at 10:59 AM.

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

I demand more Wade/Evan!!!
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    I demand more Wade/Evan!!!
    More Wade/Anything from Uncanny X-Force. Pull all those threads. All of them. Wade/Psylocke. Wade/Fantomex. Wade/Evan. God, I miss that book.