Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    They should bring back Thanatos (the evil Aquaman)

Attachment 16854
    I like Thanatos. I mean I don't like every story he was in ... pretty much just the first one. Anyway ostensibly he's just yet another Demon from some form of Hell that does the whole "I'm your evil reflection" gimmick to Aquaman, and it's cool that historically Aquaman has dealt with these fifth-dimensional sphere of the gods beings like Thanatos and Quisp and Poseidon and has some experience in the weirdness (after all, he fights Lovecraft monsters and space travels a fair bit for a pulp adventures ocean guy).

What interests me is that Thanatos is a type of villain a lot of other heroes have - the demon posing as you. Batman has like Doctor Hurt. Kyle Rayner has Oblivion. And on and on.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, since the main component is a taco (wasn't it Taco World?), and they look more like round rubber bands that pasta, maybe they're actually onions or onion rings? (Or some weird shredded lettuce?)
    My theory is that Bolland had spent so much time on accurately depicting the utensils in the bag that he was forced to just throw some other stuff on the tray to meet the deadline.

Always Rakzo

Well, he was a pretty poor replacement to begin with.

It wasn't bad enough to make Orin/Arthur die in a pretty worthless way, but also Kurt Busiek completely failed at giving Arthur Joseph Curry an interesting presence or background to compensate. Some of the ideas and stories were interesting but didn't manage to blow anyone away and thus the whole book ended-up being cancelled.

And as it was Karma, Arthur Joseph disappeared in a pretty worthless way too.