Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Are "Final Days" just going to be morbid overdose?

Since everything ties into Secret Wars, the three brands are "Battleworld", "Warzones!" and "Final Days"

Final Days are going to be how heroes react to the end of the World. I assume every Marvel book that is currently being published will go through Final Days, wouldn't this be really too morbid? I mean, think of your pull list. Every one of those stories is gonna be about these characters going into absolute despair that the universe is ending. Wouldn't this just get too depressing? Do people want to read such depressing stuff one after the other?

Extraordinary Member

They could, but don't the heroes deal with universe ending threats all the time? It will all depend on how much they try to force the finality of it.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

It may be that way in part, but I suppose the concept of your universe ending would mean you get to see people at their best and worst. Whether characters rage against it or accept the situation and maybe go through some form of bucket list or final goodbyes. And essentially these will likely be final endings for certain characters Marvel either wants to remove or change with other versions on Battleworld. There'll even be a feeling of unpredictability. Old Steve Rogers could very well die in this situation, and even if Civil War Cap or Planet Hulk Cap or another takes his place, it's still the final story of that Steve Rogers we've been with since 1941, it still counts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    It may be that way in part, but I suppose the concept of your universe ending would mean you get to see people at their best and worst. Whether characters rage against it or accept the situation and maybe go through some form of bucket list or final goodbyes. And essentially these will likely be final endings for certain characters Marvel either wants to remove or change with other versions on Battleworld. There'll even be a feeling of unpredictability. Old Steve Rogers could very well die in this situation, and even if Civil War Cap or Planet Hulk Cap or another takes his place, it's still the final story of that Steve Rogers we've been with since 1941, it still counts.
    PLEASE make it happen marvel comics! Please make it happen! I want to say goodbye to the Steve Rogers who made his debut in 1941 by Joe Simon and Jack Kirby. After the real-life 9/11 attacks he no longer transcended his super-soldier status but devolved into a generic shield agent.

I just hope whatever it is that the stories are good, I am actually quite interested in what Loki and Magneto will do at the end of the world and into secret wars.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

http://comicbook.com/2015/01/27/excl...-their-last-d/

Seriously! IS THE GOAL OF THESE FINAL DAYS ISSUES TO DEPRESS EVERYRONE?!

Uh, yeah?

That's what Time Runs Out has been, and will be until Secret Wars. And even then, it's like Secret Wars #2
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Uh, yeah?

That's what Time Runs Out has been, and will be until Secret Wars. And even then, it's like Secret Wars #2
    Still, you could avoid reading the Avengers stuff. Now there's no avoiding everyone panicking about their deaths.

Spectacular Member

Pretty sure they said back in October that everything was tying into Secret Wars. Why is this surprising you now?

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Fiegel View Post
    Pretty sure they said back in October that everything was tying into Secret Wars. Why is this surprising you now?
    I knew everything was tied in, but I didn't expect everything tying in would have "Watch you favorites go to despair as they are obliterated by the two planets colliding!"

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Fiegel View Post
    Yeah, this is essentially like the build up to Infinite Crisis. Like most Crisis level events. Things are falling apart before it gets built up again.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Don't see why you're so happy. Wiccan can't be the Demigure if there isn't a Multiverse left!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I knew everything was tied in, but I didn't expect everything tying in would have "Watch you favorites go to despair as they are obliterated by the two planets colliding!"
    Well, it's always darkest before the dawn, right?

It's not like we know exactly what will be in these arcs yet. While the tone won't be happy, it could at the very least be somber. It's not like we're gonna get American History X or Requiem for a Dream.

And it's not like we don't know they're going to survive. They are.