Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Uncanny Avengers #1 Review/Spoiler

Alright here it goes:

-Begin on Counter Earth with New Humans talking, bam Pietro interrupts them. They threaten him, he steals a gun and one of the New Humans run only for Pietro to chase. Wanda shows up and takes the rest of them out.
    -Chase continues with internal monolgue from Pietro stating Wanda is fascinated but Pietro is obsessed about who his father is. Continues until the New human he chased hit a wall and then Wanda and Pietro get captured.
    -Moves onto the rest of team with Rogue's thoughts. She gathered them up and defends Wanda from Vision and Cap Falcon's assaults.
    -Team heads to Wundagore mountain and uses Sabes to track them with Voodoo holding the leash which was due to Rogue's experience with Sabes before.
    -Find the counter earth terminal. Vision does the tech thing. Voodoo starts a spell but gets interrupted and they get teleported to different places.
    -Voodoo is in a spirit realm of some kind.
    -Vision is in a futuristic city and admits he let his emotion get the best of him only to walk in and see his robotic wife and kids.
    -Sam is trapped in trees and can't do anything as he is about to become wood.
    -Rogue is trapped to a chair by a creepy alien doctor using her own strength and the scientist states that he purged her of Simon.
    -Sabes wakes up in the middle of a Counter Earth city stating what he would do to them if he was uninverted only for High Evolutionary to appear with a group of New Men.

Art was good except for the Acuna faces for Rogue and such. Solid 8/10.

Opinions? Rage. Whateve go.

BANNED

That is some legitimately terrible narration.

I loved it and I thought the narration was pretty great. Brother Voodoo and Sabertooth were favorites in this. Really digging the vision and looking forward to seeing where his story leads. Acuna's art still blows me away.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Thanks for the review. I was wondering why it was taking so long for such a high profile book.

It was nice to see Rogue leading. It reminded me of Supernovas/Legacy. Was pleasantly surprised by her being active and engaged. The story beats are kinda strange. I think Wanda and Rogue as BFF's happened way too fast but they should not have been rivals to begin with. Vision is almost mirroring Rogue's words from volume 1 and then Rogue is the one shutting that talk down. Now Rogue is an Avengers leader and towing the line. Also the unity part of the whole thing seems to be left behind. Just weird.

Again Acuna is still struggling with getting Rogue right. He has tried different hair styles and all kinds of poses, but she seems to elude him. His design is too severe and hard looking for the young brash sexy hero she is. I dunno. It is still a big mess.

Edit: The whole Simon thing seemed to never really gather steam and now maybe resolved with poor Simon getting totes shafted. Hopefully we will see more.
    Last edited by jen; 01-28-2015 at 06:14 PM.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Rogue's not young any more Jen. She's a team leader. Maturity is nothing to be ashamed of.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So who is Wanda and Pietro's dad then? I was under the impression they said that that was going to be revealed in #1. Even if it is evidently High Evolutionary and probably some Inhuman connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    So who is Wanda and Pietro's dad then? I was under the impression they said that that was going to be revealed in #1. Even if it is evidently High Evolutionary and probably some Inhuman connection.
    We still don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    Rogue's not young any more Jen. She's a team leader. Maturity is nothing to be ashamed of.
    She is at least younger than Wanda by a decade. She should look younger not older.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    Alright here it goes:

-Begin on Counter Earth with New Humans talking, bam Pietro interrupts them. They threaten him, he steals a gun and one of the New Humans run only for Pietro to chase. Wanda shows up and takes the rest of them out.
    -Chase continues with internal monolgue from Pietro stating Wanda is fascinated but Pietro is obsessed about who his father is. Continues until the New human he chased hit a wall and then Wanda and Pietro get captured.
    -Moves onto the rest of team with Rogue's thoughts. She gathered them up and defends Wanda from Vision and Cap Falcon's assaults.
    -Team heads to Wundagore mountain and uses Sabes to track them with Voodoo holding the leash which was due to Rogue's experience with Sabes before.
    -Find the counter earth terminal. Vision does the tech thing. Voodoo starts a spell but gets interrupted and they get teleported to different places.
    -Voodoo is in a spirit realm of some kind.
    -Vision is in a futuristic city and admits he let his emotion get the best of him only to walk in and see his robotic wife and kids.
    -Sam is trapped in trees and can't do anything as he is about to become wood.
    -Rogue is trapped to a chair by a creepy alien doctor using her own strength and the scientist states that he purged her of Simon.
    -Sabes wakes up in the middle of a Counter Earth city stating what he would do to them if he was uninverted only for High Evolutionary to appear with a group of New Men.

Art was good except for the Acuna faces for Rogue and such. Solid 8/10.

Opinions? Rage. Whateve go.
    One minor rage nitpick... ;-):

What was with the line about how it must have been weird for the twins to be raised in the High Evolutionary's lab in Wundagore Mountain? They weren't raised there at all, they were given to Maximoffs as babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    That is some legitimately terrible narration.
    I love Remender's style, but I find myself constantly re-reading his narration, trying to figure out what he is even saying, which never happens with other comics. I don't know why, he doesn't use particularly big words. Something about the way he words it, I suppose.

This issue was a promising start to a new series. I loved the explanation of Counter-Earth, I was wondering what its gimmick was going to be, and it was perfectly weird and cool.

I haven't even read the story yet, and I feel like I'm starting in the middle of it. Is there anything in there about how/why this particular group of avengers is formed, and why they're on counter earth to start with?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HankSantana View Post
    I love Remender's style, but I find myself constantly re-reading his narration, trying to figure out what he is even saying, which never happens with other comics. I don't know why, he doesn't use particularly big words. Something about the way he words it, I suppose.

This issue was a promising start to a new series. I loved the explanation of Counter-Earth, I was wondering what its gimmick was going to be, and it was perfectly weird and cool.
    Quicksilver: I AM ROCKED TO MY FOUNDATION.

I couldn't keep a straight face.

BANNED

there is some cliche narration "my whole life was a lie"

but the issue was good. Vision is doing the douche ex very well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I haven't even read the story yet, and I feel like I'm starting in the middle of it. Is there anything in there about how/why this particular group of avengers is formed, and why they're on counter earth to start with?
    Wanda/Pietro are there at first to find out about who there real father is.

Rogue gathers the team up.