Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

I still wanna know what happened to the Heroes Reborn Counter Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I believe that Rogue is 25, Wanda is 30, and Wasp is 35. I think that Captain Marvel is 38.
    Wanda is 38

Where are people getting these various numbers in age from? I've heard about 5 different ages for each character.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    Where are people getting these various numbers in age from? I've heard about 5 different ages for each character.
    She was legally an adult 24, when she joined the Avengers, which was a little over a decade ago in-story.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    I think they use the rule 4 real-life years = 1 Marvel year.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shadow panther View Post
    I still wanna know what happened to the Heroes Reborn Counter Earth
    I've been a little foggy on this myself (but the continuity has been patchy and juggled a lot so there's that), but most as I'm sure you already knew was covered in the Heroes Reborn: Dr.Doom event (loved these books BTW) which tapered off into the Fantastic 4 series. It was touched upon barely after the fact but rendered dead as of the series Exiles (World Tour).

When it was brought up again in Onslaught Reborn by Loeb and Liefeld it seemed to pick up where Rob initially left Heroes Reborn. This of course didn't make sense as the current 616 heroes were the ones from Heroes Return and thus also the same from Heroes Reborn and would therefore no longer be present on that Earth (as shown in HR: DrD). It was later established that this was yet another version of HR Counter Earth and the characters in it essentially "echoes " of the characters that had existed in the original HR, now created for a new pocket universe. It is believed and by myself as well that the HR Counter Earth characters who are currently in Fantastic 4 (James Robinson) are from this universe which also explains their 2d dimensional characterizations and lack of rational.

*Note: The World Tour incident also doesn't fit as the characters had long abandoned the reality of course (they may have been left over characters actually and the covers were only misleading, I can't recall). My stance is that one writer after another ignored continuity and created many flubs as a result in favor of putting shout outs to the HR era characters in their series. Then again She-Hulk shouldn't have been coming back from Counter Earth in Heroes Return since she was already on 616 Earth, Hawkeye shouldn't have been revealed to be *********, so on. Big mess in other words and looking for constancy ends up being a bit fallacious.
    Last edited by SickAlice; 01-30-2015 at 02:58 PM.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I think they use the rule 4 real-life years = 1 Marvel year.
    No, there's no such consistent rule. We just know that the time between the FF taking their rocket flight and getting their powers (including Ben Grimm becoming the Thing) and the present is never much more than 13 years, and everything that's happened since must have happened more recently than that. Any guesses as to how much of that 13 years was between Fantastic Four #1 and Avengers #16, and how much was since then, are just that, guess work. However, a lot more has happened since Avengers #16 than before it, so something on the order of 10-12 years since Wanda joined the Avengers as a young adult seems reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    I've been a little foggy on this myself (but the continuity has been patchy and juggled a lot so there's that), but most as I'm sure you already knew was covered in the Heroes Reborn: Dr.Doom event (loved these books BTW) which tapered off into the Fantastic 4 series. It was touched upon barely after the fact but rendered dead as of the series Exiles (World Tour).

When it was brought up again in Onslaught Reborn by Loeb and Liefeld it seemed to pick up where Rob initially left Heroes Reborn. This of course didn't make sense as the current 616 heroes were the ones from Heroes Return and thus also the same from Heroes Reborn and would therefore no longer be present on that Earth (as shown in HR: DrD). It was later established that this was yet another version of HR Counter Earth and the characters in it essentially "echoes " of the characters that had existed in the original HR, now created for a new pocket universe. It is believed and by myself as well that the HR Counter Earth characters who are currently in Fantastic 4 (James Robinson) are from this universe which also explains their 2d dimensional characterizations and lack of rational.

*Note: The World Tour incident also doesn't fit as the characters had long abandoned the reality of course. My stance is that one writer after another ignored continuity and created many flubs as a result in favor of putting shout outs to the HR era characters in their series.
    Yeah, the Onslaught Reborn reality doesn't shed any light on what happened to Heroes Reborn/Planet Doom Counter-Earth, being separate.

last I heard, the Heroes Reborn Earth was brought into physical 616 as the new Counter Earth, The Thunderbolts lived there for a while, hell Techno/Fixer put 616 Zemo's mind into the Counter Earth Zemo's Body, Jolt stayed on Counter Earth when the Thunderbolts left. I thought Remender was a big Continuity nut.
    Last edited by omegafix; 01-30-2015 at 02:58 PM.

last I heard, the Heroes Reborn Earth was brought into physical 616 as the new Counter Earth, The Thunderbolts lived there for a while, hell Zemo took the the Counter Earth Zemo's body, Techno/Fixer 616 Zemo's mind into the Counter Earth Zemo's Body, Jolt stayed on Counter Earth when the Thunderbolts left. I thought Remender was a big Continuity nut.
    It'll be easy enough to have a backstory (probably in the form of exposition by the HE or one of his minions) telling how the Heroes Reborn/Planet Doom Counter-Earth was somehow replaced by this new one the Evolutionary has set up, or razed and paved over to house his New New Men, or what have you. While I definitely want to know what the deal is before the story is done, I don't know that it's essential it be covered in the first issue of the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    No, there's no such consistent rule.
    I know. Every character ages at a different rate. But many people claim that the 4/1 years thing is the closest thing there is.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    It'll be easy enough to have a backstory (probably in the form of exposition by the HE or one of his minions) telling how the Heroes Reborn/Planet Doom Counter-Earth was somehow replaced by this new one the Evolutionary has set up, or razed and paved over to house his New New Men, or what have you. While I definitely want to know what the deal is before the story is done, I don't know that it's essential it be covered in the first issue of the arc.

im with ya, I just don't want it to end up being swept under the rug

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

last I heard, the Heroes Reborn Earth was brought into physical 616 as the new Counter Earth, The Thunderbolts lived there for a while, hell Techno/Fixer put 616 Zemo's mind into the Counter Earth Zemo's Body, Jolt stayed on Counter Earth when the Thunderbolts left. I thought Remender was a big Continuity nut.
    This would have been on point if not in the small details. The Thunderbolts stuff happened after HR: Dr.Doom and before Exiles, which itself is before Onslaught Reborn. Hence Rikki's later discovery that she's fictional.

* The Rikki stuff of course gets even more convoluted. The one that came to Earth 616 would then be a doppleganger of the original from HR and as such be presumed the second version. However the HR universe was actually destroyed in the 12th issue cross-over, then a new amalgam reality appeared in the 13th issues WW3 cross-over (HR+Wildstorm) and destroyed resulting in the new Heroes Return reality which means...gosh my head hurts now.
    Last edited by SickAlice; 01-30-2015 at 03:11 PM.
    I make love, you make me sick.

The only age we know for sure is Peter Parker's because he was fifteen when bitten and ASM 1 said thirteen years ago making him 28. Have to extrapolate other ages from him. Like Scott Summers should be about the same age

Isn't the heroes reborn earth currently being used in FF