Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    What was with the line about how it must have been weird for the twins to be raised in the High Evolutionary's lab in Wundagore Mountain? They weren't raised there at all, they were given to Maximoffs as babies.
    Didn't Bova raise them there for a few months before giving them to the Maximoff's?

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    She is at least younger than Wanda by a decade. She should look younger not older.
    I think they are roughly the same age

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    Didn't Bova raise them there for a few months before giving them to the Maximoff's?
    A few months, sure... but they were still infants in swaddling cloths when they were turned over to the Maximoffs in their Romani caravan, not toddlers. Partly because some of their months under Bova's care were in suspended animation, too. So, they really weren't raised there, and wouldn't remember much if anything about it.

In fact, they didn't recognize Bova as adults at all, which suggests either there may not be much truth at all to her story, or they were still too young to have memories even of being cared for by a cow.

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    I think they are roughly the same age
    Then you are wrong. Wanda had already been working with the Avengers for years by the time Rogue came around, and joined them as a young adult. She might not be a full decade older, depending on the specifics of the sliding timeline, but she's got at least half that on Marie.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Nice Breakdown to the Issue from today Crimsonspider89!

Overall, I was surprised that issue turned out more differently then what I expected. I thought it be an issue where the team is getting called up by Rogue and is coming together and this issue #1’s story would have been #2’s. It was a pleasant surprise that got the story rolling. Add on the separation of the Main team into different locals in what I think is the Mult-Verse or something, but each location was intriguing.

Vision’s location may hold interesting developments for him and might move the story between him and Wanda forward at a much faster pace. Brother Voodoo was given maybe the best location and separate story. I can feel RR has really been wanting to write him for some time and he did a nice job with what for me is a major intro of Brother Voodoo for me. The location he is act I feel has an Important, Very Dark Connection to Counter-Earth and The High Evolutionary.

The main highlight was indeed Rogue and her Stepping into the leadership role of Havok and Captain America. The style of RR’s writing for her was his Best, even above what I thought. He gave her a commanding voice both internally and to the team, she did not back down, yet when she got combative, it was mature and sassy like she should be. I feel RR has maybe FINAL gotten his Grove on Rogue, a Grove that I would have wanted much sooner, but it is better than never!

Overall, this was a FAR better 1st issue then the Vol. 1’s 1st Issue was! It leads to a much more interesting story as well, more mystery, more curiosity.

9/10 for me, just some missed info like Vitruvian said, the fact that the Maximoff’s did not grow-up in a mountain, but with the Maximoff Family. Art was the Best I have seen since UA Vol. 1 Issue #6 by Acuna! Maybe best of All, the Moment of No Hoddie for Rogue and her Eyes where Green!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Then you are wrong. Wanda had already been working with the Avengers for years by the time Rogue came around, and joined them as a young adult. She might not be a full decade older, depending on the specifics of the sliding timeline, but she's got at least half that on Marie.
    No, I still think they are the same age. I'm not counting the time Wanda was in suspended animation, I know supposedly she was born in the 50s or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    No, I still think they are the same age. I'm not counting the time Wanda was in suspended animation, I know supposedly she was born in the 50s or whatever.
    Neither am I. I'm counting the many years she was an active Avenger before Rogue ever made an appearance.

Same age? Wanda made her first appearence circa 1964. Rogue made her first appearence in 1981.The only age they have in common is they were probiblely around the same age when both were first introduced.

Neither am I. I'm counting the many years she was an active Avenger before Rogue ever made an appearance.
    Does it matter? With Marvel's sliding time scale, it's impossible to actually know.

By the time Rogue was introduced in 1981, weren't Wanda and the Vision married and living in a house in New Jersey?

Rogue is like between 25-27. She joined the X-Men at 17. Isn't Wanda like 34?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Just as a Fast 2 Cents, I Really Don't Care who is Older then the other, seems Not Important to the events in the Issue.

Both Ladies are Lovely, both in Looks and Characters......That is all that matters IMO!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    Does it matter? With Marvel's sliding time scale, it's impossible to actually know.
    That Wanda was around for a good while before Rogue was? No, it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Just as a Fast 2 Cents, I Really Don't Care who is Older then the other, seems Not Important to the events in the Issue.

Both Ladies are Lovely, both in Looks and Characters......That is all that matters IMO!
    I was referring to how Acuna draws Rogue too severe and hard making her look older than her 25 years. She is young, brash, loud and sexy. Acuna's Rogue just needs work.

That Wanda was around for a good while before Rogue was? No, it's not.
    The ages. Yes Wanda was around longer, but universewise they could still be around the same age or whatever. Thanks to the sliding timescle, unless it' actually stated how old they are, it doesn't actually matter.