Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Just as a Fast 2 Cents, I Really Don't Care who is Older then the other, seems Not Important to the events in the Issue.

Both Ladies are Lovely, both in Looks and Characters......That is all that matters IMO!
    Pretty much this. Rogue and Wanda are great characters. I see no need to argue over something so trivial.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Same age? Wanda made her first appearence circa 1964. Rogue made her first appearence in 1981.The only age they have in common is they were probiblely around the same age when both were first introduced.
    With the sliding time scale (roughly 10-12 years) though they are only a couple years apart (assuming that started at the same age)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    Pretty much this. Rogue and Wanda are great characters. I see no need to argue over something so trivial.
    I figured people would find something to complain about. I agree with you, there is no need to argue over this.

I know Rogue makes a crack at Jan's age in UA #5. So Remender knows she is young. Acuna just can't seem to get Rogue right. He drew her very sexy and gorgeous in Legacy. So there is a huge disconnect somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    I know Rogue makes a crack at Jan's age in UA #5. So Remender knows she is young. Acuna just can't seem to get Rogue right. He drew her very sexy and gorgeous in Legacy. So there is a huge disconnect somewhere.
    I honestly don't see anything wrong with how he's currently illustrating her. What about her specifically do you think is the problem?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I was referring to how Acuna draws Rogue too severe and hard making her look older than her 25 years. She is young, brash, loud and sexy. Acuna's Rogue just needs work.
    That is ok, I was alittle lost in the talk, but really never seem that Imporant to me the who is older.

Indeed However, I agree upon that, Acuna indeed has much work to do on Rogue, Mainly the Factor of Removing that Hoodie as like I was BREATHING AGAIN, LOL, finally it was off and I hope Acuna KEEPS it off. It looks like Rogue got Much Younger Looking without it, the Hoodie just takes away to much from her.

But Yea, even when it gets removed, Acuna could work more on Rogue's Youthful looks that are needed. I will chalk this part up to her being dizzy and dazed after she woke.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I honestly don't see anything wrong with how he's currently illustrating her. What about her specifically do you think is the problem?
    As I said, his Rogue is too stiff, severe and angular. Rogue is young and fiery with big hair and big attitude like my icon. Acuna's Rogue looks old and hard. The big haired sassy brawler she is not in UA. I miss the brawler.

Edit: I agree CJStriker, that hood has to go along with those horrid boots. But even without the hood, that sad ponytail... Joe Mad, Clay Mann, Olivier Coipel, heck even Salva worked Rogue's ponytail.
    Last edited by jen; 01-28-2015 at 07:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I haven't even read the story yet, and I feel like I'm starting in the middle of it. Is there anything in there about how/why this particular group of avengers is formed, and why they're on counter earth to start with?
    I think the team is literally anybody that Rogue could lay hands on at short notice after Axis happened.

As I said, his Rogue is too stiff, severe and angular. Rogue is young and fiery with big hair and big attitude like my icon. Acuna's Rogue looks old and hard. The big haired sassy brawler she is not in UA. I miss the brawler.

Edit: I agree CJStriker, that hood has to go along with those horrid boots. But even without the hood, that sad ponytail... Joe Mad, Clay Mann, Olivier Coipel, heck even Salva worked Rogue's ponytail.
    Hmmm. I see what you're saying, but i necessarily don't agree with it fully. She does seem less "sassy" in appearance though.

Lightbulb

Indeed Za Is No Leader, BTW, Nice to Meet You and Talk with you!

both Ladies shined the Most today in UA #1 if you asked me, having some nice lines, speeches and one-liners. I feel RR has really chosen both ladies to being his Leads here.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

I also didn't like Rogue telling Vision to not be upset at the person who murdered him.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I also didn't like Rogue telling Vision to not be upset at the person who murdered him.
    I Enjoyed it cause to much we tend to Forget that she was Possessed all that time and the Ticking Time bomb from Vision was wholly not true by any length. It be like calling Jean Grey a Timb Bomb, but without the Phoenix that is not true. To me it is a good example of what blind anger does and how it achieves nothing in comics among heroes. The Schisms and Civil Wars have to end with Truth and remembering how each hero are really friends. That got lost over the past decade sadly, I am glad to see it FINALLY starting to turn around, just have to end the X-Men Schism and things be MUCH better IMO.

BTW, I don't think we talked much before Emma's Midriff, Good to talk to you.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    I think they are roughly the same age
    Wanda and Quicksilver are age peers with the original Xmen. Maybe slightly older, given that
    they were able to join the "no minors allowed" Avengers back in the Silver Age.

We know that Rogue is older than Kitty, but younger than Storm (and the O5). Very likely she's about the same age as Colossus ( one of the younger "New" Xmen).

At a guess, if Scarlet Witch is pushing 28 ( Marvel will never let Spider Man or the O5 hit 30) , Rogue is pushing 24.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Indeed Za Is No Leader, BTW, Nice to Meet You and Talk with you!
    Likewise to you, CJ.

Incredible Member

I HATED IT !!! With the way I've been complaining about this, it was a foregone conclusion
    Since I did not buy the issue, I can only criticize the parts I remember and what I remember is Quicksilver calling the cheetah-man "Boasty Von Braggington". Apparently Quicksilver's become a teen.
    Also, I am not super familiar with 3/7 of the team (Sabertooth, Doctor Voodoo, Sam Wilson), so I have to wonder if it's a really good idea to disband the team when we've barely been introduced to them as a unit. I don't think most of the team members have ever interacted with each other, and I don't understand what's Doctor Voodoo's, Sabertooth's, and Captain America's motivation for looking for lost "teammates" they don't really know.
    With the team separated, the story is already split in 6 directions. That's 6 stories to tell in 20-something comic book pages...I can already see that this story arc is going to take a LONG time to resolve