Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I also didn't like Rogue telling Vision to not be upset at the person who murdered him.
    She wasn't telling Vision not to be upset. She was just telling him to keep it to himself. They were on a mission and didn't need the drama. If he's got issues then he's got issues but save it for later because they're working.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    That is some legitimately terrible narration.
    That was sum unnesscary shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    I HATED IT !!! With the way I've been complaining about this, it was a foregone conclusion
    Since I did not buy the issue, I can only criticize the parts I remember and what I remember is Quicksilver calling the cheetah-man "Boasty Von Braggington". Apparently Quicksilver's become a teen.
    Also, I am not super familiar with 3/7 of the team (Sabertooth, Doctor Voodoo, Sam Wilson), so I have to wonder if it's a really good idea to disband the team when we've barely been introduced to them as a unit. I don't think most of the team members have ever interacted with each other, and I don't understand what's Doctor Voodoo's, Sabertooth's, and Captain America's motivation for looking for lost "teammates" they don't really know.
    With the team separated, the story is already split in 6 directions. That's 6 stories to tell in 20-something comic book pages...I can already see that this story arc is going to take a LONG time to resolve
    I imagine Voodoo and Sabretooths motivation were purely that Rogue asked for their help. They had specific abilities that were potentially useful in getting Wanda.

And Sam I think is simply taking over Steve's roll. Cap was an Uncanny Avenger, so he's an Uncanny Avenger. Plus unlike a lot of the rest he actually has worked with Wanda before so I'm sure he's happy to help.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    That was sum unnesscary shade.
    I was just giving my opinion.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    Likewise to you, CJ.
    Indeed My Friend!

Another part of the book I Enjoyed was who I think RR has been most wanting to write for a Long-Time and that is Brother Voodoo!

He Wanted him in UA Vol. 1 but Marvel did not give the rights to him, but now he has him and indeed it showed today! I don't know much about him, but so far he has had some very interesting lines, each words he says speaks to his abilities, powers and what he is able to do. The Arc that RR has him on in that Dead City to IMO might be the most important UA Vol. 2 Separation Arc Story-Line to happen, one I think will directly impact The High Evolutionary's world.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    She wasn't telling Vision not to be upset. She was just telling him to keep it to himself. They were on a mission and didn't need the drama. If he's got issues then he's got issues but save it for later because they're working.
    Yeah, and Vision even admits his feelings blinded him from taking better precautions when the raided the lab.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    I HATED IT !!! With the way I've been complaining about this, it was a foregone conclusion
    Since I did not buy the issue, I can only criticize the parts I remember and what I remember is Quicksilver calling the cheetah-man "Boasty Von Braggington". Apparently Quicksilver's become a teen.
    Also, I am not super familiar with 3/7 of the team (Sabertooth, Doctor Voodoo, Sam Wilson), so I have to wonder if it's a really good idea to disband the team when we've barely been introduced to them as a unit. I don't think most of the team members have ever interacted with each other, and I don't understand what's Doctor Voodoo's, Sabertooth's, and Captain America's motivation for looking for lost "teammates" they don't really know.
    With the team separated, the story is already split in 6 directions. That's 6 stories to tell in 20-something comic book pages...I can already see that this story arc is going to take a LONG time to resolve
    Yeah, and that reminds me- where the heck is Sunfire in all this? Did he fly off in a huff again?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Yeah, and that reminds me- where the heck is Sunfire in all this? Did he fly off in a huff again?
    He was last seen in All-New X-Factor. I hope he shows up again.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I imagine Voodoo and Sabretooths motivation were purely that Rogue asked for their help. They had specific abilities that were potentially useful in getting Wanda.

And Sam I think is simply taking over Steve's roll. Cap was an Uncanny Avenger, so he's an Uncanny Avenger. Plus unlike a lot of the rest he actually has worked with Wanda before so I'm sure he's happy to help.
    And yet, Rogue knows Sam by his real name? When did they meet?

In the least they probably met when Steve officially made Sam Captain America. All the Avengers were invited, included the Uncanny team.

If Magento is not their father is Magda still their mother?

BANNED

Their first meeting that I know of, at least!

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Rogue is like between 25-27. She joined the X-Men at 17. Isn't Wanda like 34?
    I believe that Rogue is 25, Wanda is 30, and Wasp is 35. I think that Captain Marvel is 38.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    So who is Wanda and Pietro's dad then? I was under the impression they said that that was going to be revealed in #1. Even if it is evidently High Evolutionary and probably some Inhuman connection.
    I think the Counter Earth scientist was indicating to Rogue that the High Evolutionary had been trying to discover how to control the X-gene and that there had been a resulting debate which mutant held the key, with the scientist I believe stating in triumph he had been right about Rogue's importance.

Thus my previous speculation that the High Evolutionary, who had had dealings with Sinister, had tried to hack an equivalent of the X-gene and came up with Wanda and Pietro. If there is an Inhuman connection, then perhaps the High Evolutionary had used an Inhuman genetic template and hacked that to try and emulate the X-gene.

Ya, while this Magneto is not their father plot line is mind numbingly dumb, this was pretty good. This cast seems way more appealing then the last.