Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Decent start imho.

I'm still not into the idea of the twins not being Magneto's kids and I'm still not sold on Sabretooth being a good guy but I can look past that, for now. The book was really well paced imho. Doctor Voodoo was probably my favorite part of this and the plot he was given seems the most intriguing. I enjoyed the writing for Rogue too actually (although I don't buy her and Wanda as buddies) and I'm curious about Simon's fate. Didn't really care for Vision or FalCap tbh but that could change.
    Last edited by Supernature; 01-29-2015 at 01:19 AM.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

I guess it was a decent first issue, but the mess that was AXIS kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. So does the senseless renumbering. I'll give it another issue or two and see where it goes.

Rogue has met Sam plenty of times.
    Enough to know his name, especially now that she's an Avenger.

Viz was hilarious.
    "If the Avengers went on Red Alert every time Wanda took a sabbatical, we'd have to start a whole new team dedicated to keeping track of her."
    OMG that was tremendous.

I'm really looking forward to having Inverted Sabes in the mix.
    Clever of Rogue to use him as a blood hound to track SW.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    Thanks for the review. I was wondering why it was taking so long for such a high profile book.
    It just came out that morning. Sheesh. Some people actually work during the day you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    The ages. Yes Wanda was around longer, but universewise they could still be around the same age or whatever. Thanks to the sliding timescle, unless it' actually stated how old they are, it doesn't actually matter.
    Plus I remember some of her early appearances and Rogue looked pretty mature with the female version of Wolverine hairdo.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Plus I remember some of her early appearances and Rogue looked pretty mature with the female version of Wolverine hairdo.

Omg yes.
    Rogue used to look terribad back then.
    Wasn't until she grew it out and volumized the frick out of it that she was even a little bit of a head-turner.

I like how early Rogue and Reed Richards had the same hair stylist.

Fantastic Member

Im so offended for poor Sabretooth even when he's inverted he can't get any respect and dignity from these 'heroes' you could tell even voodoo was uncomfortable leading around on a leash like a dog. Rouge was being rude by just chalking it up to not trusting him and that captain falcon just going along with it real classy. I bet Vision will end up betraying the team and getting them all in even worse trouble due to his resent with Wanda. On the parentage of twinsies given Counter Earth is populated by humanoid animals i bet Pietro was spliced together with cheetah or road runner dna and Wanda either a fat sow pig or maybe Bovine dna with each getting just a splash of inhuman for extra flavor.

Well, now that we have all the stuff about Rogue's hair settled, more important is what the heck is the deal with Counter Earth? I thought it was destroyed years ago.

Franklin's Heroes born Earth was originally in a pocket dimension until Doom ruled it for a short time just after the heroes returned to Earth. He harnessed the power of two Celestials and science he called geosorcerous engineering to move it into the same solar system as the MU Earth. That is the one that is supposed to be in an orbitthat is the exact opposite of Earth's. Did the High Evolutionary take that planet over or has the original Counterearth returned somehow?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-29-2015 at 08:43 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Rogue has met Sam plenty of times.
    Enough to know his name, especially now that she's an Avenger.

Viz was hilarious.
    "If the Avengers went on Red Alert every time Wanda took a sabbatical, we'd have to start a whole new team dedicated to keeping track of her."
    OMG that was tremendous.

I'm really looking forward to having Inverted Sabes in the mix.
    Clever of Rogue to use him as a blood hound to track SW.
    Few points:

1) They need to explain why for so many years experts believed Wanda and Pietro to be mutants, born and bred, and now it appears they may not have been. I think the BEST alternative is where they are going -- the High Evolutionary was able to "evolve" animals into humanoid animals, so perhaps he was able to convert "homo sapiens" into "homo superior" using X-genes from actual mutants. If they are HIS biological children, they might be cloned from his DNA or maybe they were born the old fashioned way and the mother is out there somewhere. Quite frankly there are several options for parents we actually know given the Marvel Universe history of Wundagore Mountain: 1) Puppet Master got his clay from Wundagore, remember that? He and Alicia Master's mother could have been the parents; 2) My favorites -- Whizzer and Ms. America. As originally introduced, Whizzer and Ms. America went to Wundagore Mountain to get the High Evolutionary's help with her pregnancy. Madelyne died at child birth, and Bob went nuts after the twins were given to him and he left them with Bova. Maybe the twins were REALLY her kids, and maybe she wouldn't have died except for the High Evolutionary's tinkering by injecting them with his modified X-gene? That would explain the "speed" connection and the fact that Wanda looks like Ms. America; 3) Maybe Magda wasn't really pregnant when she came to Wundagore Mountain, and the High Evolutionary put his modified babies in her belly? Then nothing else changes in the story as we have known it; 4) Jessica Drew's parents (who worked for AIM according to the miniseries) were living in and around Mount Wundagore when they conducted their experiment on Jessica to save her life. Maybe THEY (or just her mother) were the parents and gave up the twins in the name of science to the High Evolutionary; 5) maybe the Maximoffs really were their parents after all. Maybe they went to the High Evolutionary for help with a pregnancy, like Ms. America, but were told that the babies died at birth, and later when the babies were given to them for their care, he neglected to tell them it was actually their biological children (seems unlikely); 6) as noted, maybe they have no mother, and were cloned solely from the High Evolutionary's cells. Heck, maybe he took a mixture of Magneto (why he looks like Pietro), Xavier, Sinister, and other mutant samples collected back in the day and injected it into mix, so they have many "mommies" and "daddies"; 7) Maybe they were children of Inhumans as many people speculate that High Evolutionary stole and modified to replicate the X-gene.

2) Vision is SOOOO more human than he used to be -- cracking wise-ass jokes and showing bitterness. I like it, I just find it interesting they have decided to make him less, er, "Visionee"

3) Sam is out of place in this group, but whatever. Doesn't really serve any purpose, but that's OK, not everyone has to be "necessary."

4) I like how Rogue fits into the leadership role, and people are incredibly silly that they are now good friends. Beast and Wonder Man were best friends, Johny and Spiderman were as well, and it was only shown to grow over a couple of issues. Now, for some reason, because it's women, it has to take years to build up to that? Really? I think they both have a lot to bond over, especially since right now neither can kiss, hold or love the men they love (for different reasons). It is odd that the man Wanda loves is IN Rogue (wince) .... sounds scandalous in a way! LOL!

5) I thought we saw counterearth explode or get removed from Earth's orbit???? Maybe not. Counterearth's very existence always confuses me.

6) I really hope Simon can pull out of Rogue. I like Simon (always have) and I think he should be back as a permanent member of the cast and not just because Wanda and Vision are on the team.

7) Personally, I thought Pietro's line about the bragging Cheetahman was FANTASTIC. It made Pietro (like Vision) more likeable and funny. Good continuous development of his character. I did NOT think it made him sound like a teenager, but an adult with a great sense of humor. I hope we get to see Luna one of these days - she is a great character if used right.

8) I hope this "growing up here in the mountain" thing is not a sign of more continuity mishaps. That was lazy writing and only hurts the fact that these two crazy kids were raised by Gypsys/Romanis and that was their identity into their late teens. That's cultural diversity and interesting and should not get swept under the rug for a new plot line.

9) Chthon. Modred and the Darkhold are all part of the history of Wanda and Wundagore Mountain as well. I would love if those elements are reintroduced at some point into this series -- although I hope not at this point! That would add even more confusion.

All in all, it's looking to be an interesting series!

Well, now that we have all the stuff about Rogue's hair settled, more important is what the heck is the deal with Counter Earth? I thought it was destroyed years ago.

Franklin's Heroes born Earth was originally in a pocket dimension until Doom ruled it for a short time just after the heroes returned to Earth. He harnessed the power of two Celestials and science he called geosorcerous engineering to movie it into the same solar system as the MU Earth. That is the one that is supposed to be in an orbitthat is the exact opposite of Earth's. Did the High Evolutionary take that planet over or has the original Counterearth returned somehow?
    That's the problem I had with this as well. The Heroes Reborn world is supposed to be the new Counter Earth. The Thunderbolts even visited there for a story arc. I hope it's at least brought up...

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    That's the problem I had with this as well. The Heroes Reborn world is supposed to be the new Counter Earth. The Thunderbolts even visited there for a story arc. I hope it's at least brought up...
    I will be disappointed if Remender doesn't come up with an explanation and just sweep it under the rug assuming readers won't know the difference. In Robinson's Fantastic Four, HR Earth dopplegangers have been seen as working under the direction of the Quiet Man. Robinson calls the place Franklin's Dream but that is a misleading term. It had physical substance and the heroes that Franklin saved from the Onslaught fight had lives there and interacted with its "residents".

Later when the heroes returned, Doom was marooned there for a while and made it his base as Planet Doom. He was able to move it from Franklin's pocket universe into the same solar system as the MU Earth. So did the High Evoluntionary move his base of operations there while no one was looking? As you say, the Thunderbolt lived there for a while too.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

It just came out that morning. Sheesh. Some people actually work during the day you know.
    I just meant in comparison to all the other books which had threads that had been active as soon as the books went up on Comixology.

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    I just meant in comparison to all the other books which had threads that had been active as soon as the books went up on Comixology.
    You young'uns are spoiled with your need for immediacy

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar's Bands View Post
    2) Vision is SOOOO more human than he used to be -- cracking wise-ass jokes and showing bitterness. I like it, I just find it interesting they have decided to make him less, er, "Visionee"
    Need to read more classic Thomas and Englehart stories, then, or at any rate stories from before Byrne got his hands on the character... because he was always more emotional than people generally realize. Crying in his first storyline, getting crazy angry during the Kree-Skrull War, you name it.