Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Maybe Rogue should get all her team of Avengers to wear bomber jackets again. It was an Avengers thing too back in the 90's.
    Yes!! I support this post 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Read Supernovas where Rogue leashed up Creed prior. Sabes is not trustworthy. Rogue was burned before, she is right to take precaution.
    Yeah exactly. Creeds history means precautions must be taken despite the inversion. I was hoping to see a direct reference made to their time together on that team though but oh well.

Maybe Rogue should get all her team of Avengers to wear bomber jackets again. It was an Avengers thing too back in the 90's.
    Ha! I'd like to see that.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Yes!! I support this post 100%.
    Please. Let's not bring that look back. Remember there were pouches and mullet hair too.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Same age? Wanda made her first appearence circa 1964. Rogue made her first appearence in 1981.The only age they have in common is they were probiblely around the same age when both were first introduced.
    I'm not even sure that's right. Rogue was clearly a minor when she appeared. Wanda not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Please. Let's not bring that look back. Remember there were pouches and mullet hair too.
    No one said they needed pouches and mullets. The bomber jackets can be updated. Clay Mann brought it back for Rogue and she looked amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    I'm not even sure that's right. Rogue was clearly a minor when she appeared. Wanda not so much.
    She didn't look at all like a minor in her first appearance in Avengers Annual #10, but she was one by the time she started showing up in the X-books with regularity.

I don't think even saying she was using waaaaay too much makeup lets me see that as a minor.
    Last edited by vitruvian; 01-29-2015 at 11:04 AM.

I will be disappointed if Remender doesn't come up with an explanation and just sweep it under the rug assuming readers won't know the difference. In Robinson's Fantastic Four, HR Earth dopplegangers have been seen as working under the direction of the Quiet Man. Robinson calls the place Franklin's Dream but that is a misleading term. It had physical substance and the heroes that Franklin saved from the Onslaught fight had lives there and interacted with its "residents".

Later when the heroes returned, Doom was marooned there for a while and made it his base as Planet Doom. He was able to move it from Franklin's pocket universe into the same solar system as the MU Earth. So did the High Evoluntionary move his base of operations there while no one was looking? As you say, the Thunderbolt lived there for a while too.

It gets even more complex, though.

The people showing up in FF aren't from the Heroes Reborn Counter Earth either. They're from a different pocket universe and include Thor, Cap, etc. unlike the HR counter earth, which is the Earth that the 616 heroes left behind. This is the one made for Onslaught Reborn...

It won't matter in a few months as Secret Wars will clean it all out.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Rogue was originally a middle aged or older lady. She was later retconned into a young woman when the writers started to plan about making her join the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    It gets even more complex, though.

The people showing up in FF aren't from the Heroes Reborn Counter Earth either. They're from a different pocket universe and include Thor, Cap, etc. unlike the HR counter earth, which is the Earth that the 616 heroes left behind. This is the one made for Onslaught Reborn...

It won't matter in a few months as Secret Wars will clean it all out.
    Really, that's the weird thing about the marvel multiverse. As What If's show, there's like infinite versions of everyone. It's frankly a miracle the incursions have gotten the entire mutiverse down to just 2 dozen universes.

Solid start, though some of the characterizations I did find a bit off. Quicksilver seemed to act odd to me and Vision doesn't read how I remember he used to. Good to see Rogue stepping up, probably one of my favourite mutants too. Overall, the team has a lot of characters I like in FalCap, Rogue, Quicksilver, Voodoo and Vision so the least i can do is give this a decent chance to win me over completely.

Hopefully, Remender handles Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's parentage cleanly. I keep having to remind myself it's likely not him responsible for the retcon, just in the handling of it.

I will be disappointed if Remender doesn't come up with an explanation and just sweep it under the rug assuming readers won't know the difference. In Robinson's Fantastic Four, HR Earth dopplegangers have been seen as working under the direction of the Quiet Man. Robinson calls the place Franklin's Dream but that is a misleading term. It had physical substance and the heroes that Franklin saved from the Onslaught fight had lives there and interacted with its "residents".

Later when the heroes returned, Doom was marooned there for a while and made it his base as Planet Doom. He was able to move it from Franklin's pocket universe into the same solar system as the MU Earth. So did the High Evoluntionary move his base of operations there while no one was looking? As you say, the Thunderbolt lived there for a while too.
    I'm going with "Marvel constantly forgets/erases/retcons out everything that has happened since the seventies".

But anyways, I think they are retconning the past of the High Evolutioary and Counter-Earth and bringing into main continuity their story from Earth-751263. Ot Remender just got both mixed.
    Last edited by Habis; 01-29-2015 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    She didn't look at all like a minor in her first appearance in Avengers Annual #10, but she was one by the time she started showing up in the X-books with regularity.

I don't think even saying she was using waaaaay too much makeup lets me see that as a minor.
    If the X-Men movie came out shortly after Rogues debut, they'd probably be casting Bea Arthur for the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I'm going with "Marvel constantly forgets/erases/retcons out everything that has happened since the seventies".

But anyways, I think they are retconning the past of the High Evolutioary and Counter-Earth and bringing into main continuity their story form Earth-751263. Ot Remender just got both mixed.
    Maybe the same rifts that sent Galactus to Earth-1610 caused the former Heroes Reborn Counter-Earth in the 616 universe and the Counter-Earth of Earth-751263 to swap places - although that would make this a different High Evolutionary who doesn't necessarily have Wanda and Pietro's answers, I guess. Alternatively, perhaps at the point in time young Franklin made a new universe in his closet, his old creation the Heroes Reborn/Planet Doom Earth got sucked from the Counter-Earth position in the 616 universe into that universe (sorry Jolt and Young Allies!), and High Evolutionary saw his opportunity to reclaim it and make a new Counter-Earth for a new set of New Men.

Or something. HE is basically a supertechnological wizard, so this probably covered by 'a wizard did it'.

BANNED

If the X-Men movie came out shortly after Rogues debut, they'd probably be casting Bea Arthur for the role.
    Omg. I need a photoshop, pronto!

But to base a redesign of Rogue based on Avengers #10 is like doing a redesign of Betsy Braddock as a blonde. That is not how the character is established today.