Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Maybe the same rifts that sent Galactus to Earth-1610 caused the former Heroes Reborn Counter-Earth in the 616 universe and the Counter-Earth of Earth-751263 to swap places - although that would make this a different High Evolutionary who doesn't necessarily have Wanda and Pietro's answers, I guess. Alternatively, perhaps at the point in time young Franklin made a new universe in his closet, his old creation the Heroes Reborn/Planet Doom Earth got sucked from the Counter-Earth position in the 616 universe into that universe (sorry Jolt and Young Allies!), and High Evolutionary saw his opportunity to reclaim it and make a new Counter-Earth for a new set of New Men.

Or something. HE is basically a supertechnological wizard, so this probably covered by 'a wizard did it'.
    Or maybe this comic is in fact a post-Secret Wars one, and the High Evolutionary has already been replaced. They just won't tell us...

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    But to base a redesign of Rogue based on Avengers #10 is like doing a redesign of Betsy Braddock as a blonde. That is not how the character is established today.

First appearances always count, and Betsy just had an awful dye job there, before she found that purple was much more becoming. That's how we know that Rogue can fully absorb Thor (though not necessarily be worthy to pick up Mjolnir) any time she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    First appearances always count, and Betsy just had an awful dye job there, before she found that purple was much more becoming. That's how we know that Rogue can fully absorb Thor (though not necessarily be worthy to pick up Mjolnir) any time she wants.
    "Awful dye job"? Betsy's natural hair color (prior to going though the Seige Perilous) is blonde, just like her twin brother...

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    "Awful dye job"? Betsy's natural hair color (prior to going though the Seige Perilous) is blonde, just like her twin brother...
    I sit corrected.... although I have to wonder how she got that purple to work so well in naturally blonde hair. My only excuse is that I think I first encountered her in Moore's CB run, when she already had a vastly different look.

i liked it. still irritated Sunfire isn't part of the team. they didn't even mention him at all when talking about what happened to past members of the unity squad.

But to base a redesign of Rogue based on Avengers #10 is like doing a redesign of Betsy Braddock as a blonde. That is not how the character is established today.

Really I think the only redesign going on here is that she's actually wearing the hood which she's had on her costume.

Spectacular Member

No Simon/Wonder Man love here, folks? No one excited to see Vision in action again? 90% of the posts are about Rogue and Dr/Brother Voodoo! Not very "Avengery" crowd are we? So, if Simon is able to pull out of Rogue, is it peoples' guesses that he just leaves the book?

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar's Bands View Post
    No Simon/Wonder Man love here, folks? No one excited to see Vision in action again? 90% of the posts are about Rogue and Dr/Brother Voodoo! Not very "Avengery" crowd are we? So, if Simon is able to pull out of Rogue, is it peoples' guesses that he just leaves the book?
    I do feel bad for Simon. It really is hard to be a Wonder Man fan sometimes (and I am one). It's almost to the point where him just being there is the most you can hope for.

I'm very excited about Vision going back into action. He's always been my favorite Avenger, so it's nice to see him finally get some play again.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    I honestly don't see anything wrong with how he's currently illustrating her. What about her specifically do you think is the problem?
    He can't draw Rogue for Squat is what. Like Jen said in Legacy he drew her awesomely. Now is just wrong. All wrong

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    That is ok, I was alittle lost in the talk, but really never seem that Imporant to me the who is older.

Indeed However, I agree upon that, Acuna indeed has much work to do on Rogue, Mainly the Factor of Removing that Hoodie as like I was BREATHING AGAIN, LOL, finally it was off and I hope Acuna KEEPS it off. It looks like Rogue got Much Younger Looking without it, the Hoodie just takes away to much from her.

But Yea, even when it gets removed, Acuna could work more on Rogue's Youthful looks that are needed. I will chalk this part up to her being dizzy and dazed after she woke.
    Ooooooooooo no keep that hoodie up if Acuna is drawing her. That goes for Larocca as well. I don't EVEN want to see what surprise they have hidden in that void. Coipel or some other artist I agree CJ but NOT Acuna. Eeesh

As I said, his Rogue is too stiff, severe and angular. Rogue is young and fiery with big hair and big attitude like my icon. Acuna's Rogue looks old and hard. The big haired sassy brawler she is not in UA. I miss the brawler.

Edit: I agree CJStriker, that hood has to go along with those horrid boots. But even without the hood, that sad ponytail... Joe Mad, Clay Mann, Olivier Coipel, heck even Salva worked Rogue's ponytail.
    JEN. When did Salva EVER Rocked Rogue's pony? Joe Mad does an Awesome one but all i've seen of Salva is short bob cuts for Rogue. Don't get me wrong I LOVED his art back in X-Treme but lately its been booooooooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Please. Let's not bring that look back. Remember there were pouches and mullet hair too.
    YES!! I support this post 1000% ( Jen)

Well Rogue hardly ever gets focus in this title and she is an Avenger too. Time for Avenger fans to accept the iconic Southern Belle is here to stay. Now become fans already!!

Well Rogue hardly ever gets focus in this title and she is an Avenger too. Time for Avenger fans to accept the iconic Southern Belle is here to stay. Now become fans already!!
    I hope she IS here to stay. I like Rogue as an Avenger. I think it took a little while for her to settle in the role, but she seems like a natural fit at this point.