Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    JEN. When did Salva EVER Rocked Rogue's pony? Joe Mad does an Awesome one but all i've seen of Salva is short bob cuts for Rogue. Don't get me wrong I LOVED his art back in X-Treme but lately its been booooooooooo.
    During Milligan's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar's Bands View Post
    No Simon/Wonder Man love here, folks? No one excited to see Vision in action again? 90% of the posts are about Rogue and Dr/Brother Voodoo! Not very "Avengery" crowd are we? So, if Simon is able to pull out of Rogue, is it peoples' guesses that he just leaves the book?
    Vision and Wonder Man are two of my favorite Avengers. i'm glad Vision has a book to call home. i wasn't a fan of Avengers AI. Wonder Man has been dead several times...he'll come back from being stuck inside Rogue's head.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I hope she IS here to stay. I like Rogue as an Avenger. I think it took a little while for her to settle in the role, but she seems like a natural fit at this point.
    I think it has taken this Rogue fan a while to warm up to it as well. Mostly because Remender's use of her as foil. I really hope this first issue is a good sign of things to come.

Here's also hoping we will see Rogue looking more like Rogue as well.

Last edited by jen; 01-29-2015 at 11:08 PM.

Betsy isnt even in her original body she got mindswapped
    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    I sit corrected.... although I have to wonder how she got that purple to work so well in naturally blonde hair. My only excuse is that I think I first encountered her in Moore's CB run, when she already had a vastly different look.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Vision and Wonder Man are two of my favorite Avengers. i'm glad Vision has a book to call home. i wasn't a fan of Avengers AI. Wonder Man has been dead several times...he'll come back from being stuck inside Rogue's head.
    Avengers AI has so much potential but was poorly executed. The art was also a big problem. People looked like they were made of potato at times. It was nice to get some development with Vision though after what seemed like years of almost nothing.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Really, that's the weird thing about the marvel multiverse. As What If's show, there's like infinite versions of everyone. It's frankly a miracle the incursions have gotten the entire mutiverse down to just 2 dozen universes.
    It can't have truly been infinite, or they couldn't have. After all, you can subtract any number, millions, billions, it doesn't matter, from infinity, and still have infinity. You can even subtract infinity from infinity, technically, and depending on which infinite set is a proper subset of the other, or if they're the same set, you can have an infinite number left, have zero in one go, or have an infinite negative number*. And for something shown as an ongoing process proceeding at a finite rate, you shouldn't ever be able to get rid of them all. Ergo, initially the number of separate universes may have been very, very large, but it wasn't truly infinite.

*Case 1: You have a hotel with an infinite number of rooms in it, and two guests in each and every room, so also an infinite number of guests. You have one guest in each and every room check out, subtracting an infinite number of guests, but as there remains a guest in each of an infinite number of rooms, you still have an infinite number of guests left. Same if you have every other room check out, etc.

Case 2: You have all the guests check out, and have 0 left.

Case 3: Well, this example doesn't really work with negative numbers, but say there's a bank and overdraft fees... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by shadow panther View Post
    Betsy isnt even in her original body she got mindswapped
    Yes, but she went to the purple hair look well before that happened. Remember when she was blinded by Slaymaster?

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    But to base a redesign of Rogue based on Avengers #10 is like doing a redesign of Betsy Braddock as a blonde. That is not how the character is established today.

Has Rogue been body-swapped as well?

Question and sorry if this has been addressed earlier and I missed it. Are we one hundred percent sure Magneto is not their father and that this is some kind of misdirection

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Question and sorry if this has been addressed earlier and I missed it. Are we one hundred percent sure Magneto is not their father and that this is some kind of misdirection
    That's what this arc is supposed to be about. So no since the story is just beginning here. They're looking to get answers from the High Evolutionary.

Right? Because Wanda's magic is always soooooooooo reliable.

I mean, CHAOS? Helloooo?

Just sayin'.

And yeah, okay, sure they're probably gonna legit change up their lineage to some other family tree, but still: "chaos".

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Right? Because Wanda's magic is always soooooooooo reliable.

I mean, CHAOS? Helloooo?

Just sayin'.

And yeah, okay, sure they're probably gonna legit change up their lineage to some other family tree, but still: "chaos".
    What does Wanda's magic have to do with them coming to the High Evolutionary to get some answers?
    And the family tree was changed to Magneto's from Bob and Madeline's already so there is a legitmate reason to suspect the HE is at the bottom of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    What does Wanda's magic have to do with them coming to the High Evolutionary to get some answers?
    And the family tree was changed to Magneto's from Bob and Madeline's already so there is a legitmate reason to suspect the HE is at the bottom of it all.
    in Axis an inverted Wanda cast a spell to crush all those in her lineage, because Magneto and Quicksilver were trying to stop her from killing stuff. Quicksilver was taken down but Magneto was not affected, which is why they think he is not their father

in Axis an inverted Wanda cast a spell to crush all those in her lineage, because Magneto and Quicksilver were trying to stop her from killing stuff. Quicksilver was taken down but Magneto was not affected, which is why they think he is not their father
    Oh, that's right. Thanks for the reminder. But since it's a major plot point I think we have to accept it at face value or it is a kind of a cheat if they're leading the reader down this path and then say ooops she goofed up.

Does anyone miss Wolverine in this title? I don't. I think that this issue is better without him.