View Poll Results: As Superman fans, do you think Batman is a nuisance in the Justice League ?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 25.00%
  • No

42 75.00%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

And the list of evidence why Batman shouldn't exist with the other heroes keeps pilling on.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

I prefer Batman being in the league as part of being one of " the big three" and because of his positive relationship with Superman the more trusting of Clark relationship....I`m not keen on paranoid Batman when he plots against the league because of their power.This type of Batman has parallels with Lex Luthor. With both of them on the league, I was expecting the story of the difference between Batman and Lex`s issues about super powered beings to play out, but I haven`t seen this touched on really so far...

Jon

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    How has Batman been proven to be useless in the League? In the first arc of Nu52 JL, he realized that they needed Superman to stand up to Darkseid and rescued Superman from capture. That didn't make anyone look bad, was cool moment for Batman, and was pretty key in getting Superman into the fight. In Forever Evil, Batman helped the rebel villains break into the base where Nightwing was being held. He was also the only hero not captured by The Crime Syndicate. Once again, no one looked bad and Batman contributed. I didn't read Throne of Atlantis or The Amazo Virus, but in two fairly recent JL stories Batman contributed to the team and it wasn't at the expense of anyone else on the team. So having Batman leave the League to go start up Inc. again isn't the only logical way to go.
    Batman is only useful to the Justice League because of PIS. Come on man. Search your feelings. You know its true. As impressive Batman is, he still remain human. A badass human. DC keep adding Superman new powers and Wonder Woman new abilities these days. Unless you give Batman some kind of Superman made kryptonian pills there is nothing Batman can realistic do.

We shouldn't confuse "overlapping skills" with "useless." If you assemble a think tank, you don't reject a guy because you already have four smart guys under employ.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    There are no interpretations with Batman: Endgame. Batman really did put the entire Justice League in the hospital through some of the laziest writing in human history. The League really was taken over by a "one size fits all" toxin from a street-level villain.
    I tried to read Endgame but it's so damn boring.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    Batman is only useful to the Justice League because of PIS. Come on man. Search your feelings. You know its true. As impressive Batman is, he still remain human. A badass human. DC keep adding Superman new powers and Wonder Woman new abilities these days. Unless you give Batman some kind of Superman made kryptonian pills there is nothing Batman can realistic do.
    I've been saying this for years. Without plot armor Batman is just some dude in a bat themed outfit. They call me a hater but they know is the truth.
    Batman needs a power suit every time he hangs out with the league. They need to tone down the "I know everything" aspect of the character and let others be smart as well. Stop catering to the annoying fans and start been true to the character.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    I've been saying this for years. Without plot armor Batman is just some dude in a bat themed outfit. They call me a hater but they know is the truth.
    Batman needs a power suit every time he hangs out with the league. They need to tone down the "I know everything" aspect of the character and let others be smart as well. Stop catering to the annoying fans and start been true to the character.
    A shame Batman wasted his HellBat suit on Darkseid. There are going to make another one for him I guess.

BANNED

So true!

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    This isn't quite true.

Although Superman was captured it was only because they had induced psychosomatic effects of Kryptonite in him. Once he realised he was still hearing the alarms across the world and the Kryptonite wasn't affecting him the way it 'should' have been, he pieced things together and freed himself.

J'onn wasn't captured. He had replaced one of the Hyperclan without them being aware of it.

The Martians had underestimated Batman and also didn't risk exposing themselves to the fire slowly engulfing his downed plane (which was the piece of information he needed to deduce their weakness/who they were).
    Exactly.

For me, the biggest difference between "Batman" and "Batgod" is how other characters are treated in response. I'm fine with Bruce figuring out the Hyperclan/White Martian thing, because he's the greatest detective on earth. Im fine with him being in the League because there are some problems that require the type of outside-the-box thinking and deductive reasoning that Batman brings to the table, and that's something the others dont dont excel at, despite being highly intelligent themselves. You can be smart, but not be a great detective. Granted, Morrison tended to write Batman above what he "should" have been, but very rarely did it come at the expense of other characters. Batman was raised up to be on par with the rest of the League. So thats fine by me. The Batgod on the other hand, is written above what a Batman "should" be, but also (and here's the kicker) sees his peers written as idiots. Superman, who has a mind like a super computer and is considered one of the smartest beings on the planet, suddenly becomes a useless jock who cant tie his shoes. Diana, the god of war, suddenly needs someone to tell her where to aim her sword. That's a line of BS.

I'd love to see it. Batman should working out the mysteries of the plot, using that sideways thinking that makes him such a great detective, not telling everyone what to do and showing up literal gods in combat.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.