Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spectacular Member Trusty Mutsi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I think they have stated that they can print TPBs and stuff for there old star wars stuff, just nothing new.
    That's good, a least.

Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Mutsi View Post
    Maybe a stupid question, but does this mean Dark Horse can't sell the existing Star Wars books anymore, or just can't produce new ones? Will everyone lose their digital books?
    Theyve said they wont be selling digital Star Wars books anymore, but that you will be able to download/redownload already purchased issues.

I doubt theyll retain the rights to continue publishing old material. Thatll most likely pass to Marvel as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Theyve said they wont be selling digital Star Wars books anymore, but that you will be able to download/redownload already purchased issues.

I doubt theyll retain the rights to continue publishing old material. Thatll most likely pass to Marvel as well.
    That's what I understand as well. The license to reprint the old material will go to Marvel (much how Dark Horse was able to print the 1970s and 1980s Marvel Star Wars).

It's hard to say what, if anything, will be reprinted though any time soon. Particularly since all of it is outside the new continuity Disney is producing and Marvel will reinforce (and all of the post-Episode VI material is explicitly against the continuity they will be building).

baltimore: witch of harju
    bprd
    creepy
    dark horse presents
    the goon
    the massive
    star wars
    star wars: legacy
    witchfinder: mysteries of unland

blacksad: amarillo
    edgar allen poe's spirit of the dead (i will gladly double dip on this collection!)
    station 16
    formerly 'weeks'

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    That's what I understand as well. The license to reprint the old material will go to Marvel (much how Dark Horse was able to print the 1970s and 1980s Marvel Star Wars).

It's hard to say what, if anything, will be reprinted though any time soon. Particularly since all of it is outside the new continuity Disney is producing and Marvel will reinforce (and all of the post-Episode VI material is explicitly against the continuity they will be building).
    mike richardson has noted that marvel would have to purchase the files from dark horse to reprint any material created under dark horse.
    formerly 'weeks'

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    mike richardson has noted that marvel would have to purchase the files from dark horse to reprint any material created under dark horse.
    Oh yea, I remember that.

I assume they will do that one day, perhaps slowly but surely, starting with more popular materials (Dark Empire, Tales of the Jedi, Knights of the Old Republic, etc.) and marketing it under the "Legends" line. They'll probably leave out material that is explicitly contrary to the stories they're telling (Legacy, Invasion, etc.)

BANNED

Groo vs. Conan #2

Loverboys once it's out in SC

trade waiting Hellboy/Abe Sapien/B.P.R.D., Dark Horse Presents, ElfQuest, The Goon, Lone Wolf and Cub, Woods Star Wars, Simones Tomb Raider, Usagi Yojimbo

Spectacular Member Trusty Mutsi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post

I wonder if this means Marvel's Star Wars books will appear in Marvel's all-you-can-eat "Unlimited" service eventually?

Probably not. I don't remember seeing any licensed books when I used the service.

Quote Originally Posted by Action Ace View Post
    Just Star Wars #20 for me.

Hopefully, Marvel will do a better job with the Star Wars comics than they have with the Pixar comics.

I'd love it if Marvel picked up the current series at #21, but the chance of that happening is zero.
    I'm predicting Marvel putting Dan Abnett on Star Wars.