Amazing Member

Question I want to make a comic where the characters have stupid or gross powers. Thoughts on my idea?

So I want to make a comic book where the characters are like D-list super heroes who have stupid or gross powers.
    Like:
    1. A character who can turn himself into a vegetable, which is super useless in battle. And his arch nemesis is "Lemon Lass", a woman who can turn herself into a lemon; also useless. So they rush into battle against each other and use their powers and they just sit there, a carrot vs. a lemon. Doing nothing.

2. Another character who has a super sonic burp. Like Black Canary's canary cry, but he burps it out. So beano makes him lose his powers.

3. A guy who can shoot his liver out of his mouth to hit someone or stick to something, then sucks it back in through his mouth.

4. A woman who can control all the water in the sewers, kind of like Mr Hankey.

Those are the worst 4, I have 8 more that are way better, but thats the general gist. So since this group has dumb powers they can't get into the good teams like the Avengers or the JLA, so they form their own team. Like the D-List League of America. I was wondering if anyone thinks there's be any interest in this as I would have to hire an artist and a writer. I think it would be fun, funny and different and for people who have an immature sense of humor (like me) it may be a breath of fresh air. But I dont know what other people think. I used to create some of my characters on City of Heroes and the other players would laugh and team up with me which was encouraging.

I saw the Awesomes on Hulu and thought it was so cool to have something different and a second string group of heroes.
    Thoughts or opinions? I welcome any feedback please.
    Last edited by Firebeam; 01-28-2015 at 10:16 PM.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

It's been done.

Baytor.jpg

Amazing Member

ah ok thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Firebeam View Post
    So I want to make a comic book where the characters are like D-list super heroes who have stupid or gross powers.
    Sorry. Morrison's X-Men has already been written.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firebeam View Post
    1. A character who can turn himself into a vegetable, which is super useless in battle. And his arch nemesis is "Lemon Lass", a woman who can turn herself into a lemon; also useless. So they rush into battle against each other and use their powers and they just sit there, a carrot vs. a lemon. Doing nothing.
    That reminded me of this:

Harden, Metapod!