Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Default When fantastic four is re-launched....

Do you think the team's origin might be tweaked to incorporate some of the Ultimate Stuff? Ultimate Fantastic Four was very,very good (Warren Ellis killed it on those early issues) and was pretty big when it launched (I think it was actually chugging along until Ultimatum which pretty much killed the Ultimate universe).

Seeing as the new movie is drawing heavily from the Ultimates, isn't it possible that Marvel might want to synch up the characters to the movie versions.

Yes, I know FF is a Fox movie but from Trank's interview, it does seem that some of the reports of the director not following the source material aren't true at all (he and Simon Kinberg explicitly said they are using the Ultimates as inspiration and he also talked with Stan Lee).

Seeing as the FFs popularity has kind of dropped in recent years, I'm just curious if Marvel might want to align the comics with the movies to capitalize on the movie's success (if its successful that is).

If and when it's re-launched, I doubt they'll try and make it anywhere close to the Fox movie. Syncing up to their own product (Marvel Studios) makes more sense business wise, so I think Foxing them is out of the question - promoting another studio is just unwise. What I DO imagine happening is a relaunch of Future Foundation, something to at least distance the brand from the movie, for at least a little bit. Really, who knows though. Anything could happen.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Do you think the team's origin might be tweaked to incorporate some of the Ultimate Stuff? Ultimate Fantastic Four was very,very good (Warren Ellis killed it on those early issues) and was pretty big when it launched (I think it was actually chugging along until Ultimatum which pretty much killed the Ultimate universe).

Seeing as the new movie is drawing heavily from the Ultimates, isn't it possible that Marvel might want to synch up the characters to the movie versions.

Yes, I know FF is a Fox movie but from Trank's interview, it does seem that some of the reports of the director not following the source material aren't true at all (he and Simon Kinberg explicitly said they are using the Ultimates as inspiration and he also talked with Stan Lee).

Seeing as the FFs popularity has kind of dropped in recent years, I'm just curious if Marvel might want to align the comics with the movies to capitalize on the movie's success (if its successful that is).
    Ugh. No thank you.

And people keep saying this, but the truth of the matter is that FF has been enjoying a resurgence in recent years. They don't give low selling, unpopular books a second book and make it a franchise.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I dig the family approach Hickman was doing.

It's also very interesting that their arch villain is basically an extended family member now.
    Last edited by itspopularnowitsucks; 01-29-2015 at 02:21 AM.

When FF is relaunched i expect similar photo's to the Spider-Man #700 in the toilet on
    I expect Johnny Storm to be African American and Sue to "Talk jJive" ok i was kidding with the last one

BANNED

I think as the First Family of the Marvel Universe, the reformed team post-Secret Wars will have the privilege of exploring the newly changed landscape. Their task will be to chart the new 616 ahead of all others.

I don't think they are going to be changing any origins with Secret Wars. Some of the Ultimate characters might be involved in the main universe going forward, but all the original origins will still be in place. There is no reboot coming.

As for when they are relaunched, assuming that everyone is still living come the end of the Secret Wars, I wouldn't mind them going on an adventure like Fraction's story . . . but hopefully a lot more interesting than his run which was not good at all. Have them whisked away to another place in which they struggle to get home. But since that might be what a lot of Battleworld will be like, I will keep my wishlist until the dust settles.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    And people keep saying this, but the truth of the matter is that FF has been enjoying a resurgence in recent years. They don't give low selling, unpopular books a second book and make it a franchise.
    HICKMAN brought a Fantastic Four resurgence. It's pretty much tanked since he left.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I think as the First Family of the Marvel Universe, the reformed team post-Secret Wars will have the privilege of exploring the newly changed landscape. Their task will be to chart the new 616 ahead of all others.
    I like the sound of this.

I think we will have a couple of years of no FF ongoing titles. I think Reed will be a main character in the coming secret wars and I can see the other members playing their parts or taking some time off... We will see but I think Marvel is serious about not having a FF ongoing for a while atleast until they find out if this movie tanks and if it does I think Marvel is going to make a real big push to buy back the rights.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I don't think they will sync up with the movie characters for one glaring reason. The age difference in the actors in the film as compared to the adults we've come to know in the comics. I wouldn't want to see Marvel reboot them to that radical an extent. I like Reed and Sue as a married couple with children. That's still pretty rare in comics. I like Reed, Victor and Ben being somewhat older, at least as I see them, than Stark, Banner, etc. Recasting them to match the movies would make them contemporaries of Peter Parker. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I had a similar idea, and would love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap10nate View Post
    I don't think they are going to be changing any origins with Secret Wars.
    Wouldn't matter if they did or didn't . . . the FF has already had to change / tweak origins.

BANNED

I swear I thought Reed was talking about Sue in that last panel. What an awkward line.

Whatever they do when FF relaunches as long as they dont pull no crap like ben and sue being married and having a kid ill be satisfied

I don't really see them making it too much like the Fox movie either. Not sure the house of Mouse would like that.

Of course, if Disney is going to have that much influence, I would really love to see a "Fantastic Four/Incredibles" team up mini series sometime
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass