Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Movie Falcon vs. 616 Falcon

Hey guys. So, if you've been reading Mighty Avengers, you know that Falcon doesn't like being thought of as just a sidekick to Captain America, yet in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, he's perfectly fine with it, even having this gem of a (paraphrased) line: "Hey, don't ask me, I do whatever he does."

Did anyone else think this was weird?

BANNED

616 Falcon mainly for this

Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    Hey guys. So, if you've been reading Mighty Avengers, you know that Falcon doesn't like being thought of as just a sidekick to Captain America, yet in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, he's perfectly fine with it, even having this gem of a (paraphrased) line: "Hey, don't ask me, I do whatever he does."

Did anyone else think this was weird?
    Not really.
    It was his first week in the wings and it was his first mission/case. in MA it is after a decade or so of being a superhero off and on. In comics he has established himself in the movie he is just starting out in a new line of work.
    or to think of it in another way.
    If it was season seven of a tv series it would be weird but not at the beginning.

Is there seriously a question that the movie version could beat the 616 version?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

I felt that line was more saying that his thinking is in line with Cap and anything he can do Sam can do as well but just at a slower pace.

From day one of the Captain America and Falcon series they have been equal partners. With the movie version being fresh out the gate, in terms of crazy super plots, he took ques from Cap and Widow. But at the same time he remained an individual and not just a sidekick. In the next movie we will probably see more of Falcon as a hero and character who can stand on his own.

BANNED

I like the Ultimate version of Falcon. The Movie version is based on him. I wish 616 falcon was more like that version.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Is there seriously a question that the movie version could beat the 616 version?
    If you actually read the post you would know the question.

Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    If you actually read the post you would know the question.
    Sorry. My bad.

BANNED

movie version has a "cleaner" backstory. that's a huge advantage. but the two characters are also at different stages of their lives. anyone would get tired of being seen only as a + one to Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    movie version has a "cleaner" backstory. that's a huge advantage. but the two characters are also at different stages of their lives. anyone would get tired of being seen only as a + one to Captain America.
    The pimp origin just needs to die a slow and miserable death. I like Sam being a respectable social worker.

Fantastic Member

The pimp origin just needs to die a slow and miserable death. I like Sam being a respectable social worker.
    It had, until Priest brought it up again.

The movie version is in a different place. Sam, like pretty much anyone else, is willing to follow Steve's lead into combat....even in the comics.

I don't see anything in the movie that suggests that Sam is any more independent or not than comics Sam. They're both awesome!
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

You mean the "pimp RETCON origin". In any case, I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    It had, until Priest brought it up again.
    No it hadn't. The "racketeer"/"pimp" origin was included in his original MARVEL HANDBOOK entry (which is where I first learned of that stupid racist retcon to his origin).

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I like both but I prefer MCU Falcon for his background. Mackie's experience playing soldiers really came though and I look forward to see where he will take Sam in future films.

Oh and the "Don't look at me. I do what he does, only slower," line. That's one soldier talking to others (Steve and Nick Fury.) The only difference between Sam and Steve is the super soldier serum, but they are essentially the same on the inside where it counts. And they do have many of the same skills, Sam easily took on the Hydra goons from the causeway, "Go. I got this." I do not see that as a sidekick angle - even with a little bit of cheesy dialog (It happens in every film.)

I do not know Sam's origin in the comics, but I think he's pretty much the same character.
    Last edited by Lady Warp Spasm; 05-16-2014 at 05:41 AM.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy