Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

One of Falcon's most awesome lines in the comics was something like ''We're all sidekicks to Captain America.''

I think someone hit the nail on the head with pointing out that Movie Falcon has the cleaner back story. It certainly goes a long way... plus the way it was executed in the flick made both of them really awesome and endearing.

BANNED

This thread should/could also pose the questions as to where is Sam's Mini and/or Solo now that he is a freaking movie star?!?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    This thread should/could also pose the questions as to where is Sam's Mini and/or Solo now that he is a freaking movie star?!?
    YES FALCON SOLO PLEASE MARVEL

with Bucky having multiple Guest appearances.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    YES FALCON SOLO PLEASE MARVEL

with Bucky having multiple Guest appearances.
    Agreed. It's freaking ridiculous now that nothing has come out for him and the two teams he is own he may as well not be there at all since the writers havent used him much.

Very frustrating to say the least.

BANNED

Agreed. It's freaking ridiculous now that nothing has come out for him and the two teams he is own he may as well not be there at all since the writers havent used him much.

Very frustrating to say the least.
    It's gonna be DC's Cyborg all over again

I thought he was in Captain America's solo? (Not been keeping up with that unfortunately) But at any rate he is severely underused despite how often he appears in other media.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    It's gonna be DC's Cyborg all over again

I thought he was in Captain America's solo? (Not been keeping up with that unfortunately) But at any rate he is severely underused despite how often he appears in other media.
    It really is. Cyborg and Falcon might need to flip their respective universe the bird and just to a duo book together. Bet that would show them.

He is regularly featured in Cap but to get the exposure he needs to move forward he needs more screen time in those team books. Or the mini that he should have had by now at the very least.

BANNED

i think they'd be better off doing a mini-series. and it should be spawned by someone having a very entertaining one-and-done story to tell about Sam. every character wasn't meant for an ongoing format. some characters are actually hurt by it. a good mini would do more for Sam than a prematurely cancelled ongoing (Marvel's m.o with several characters lately). learn from Moon Knight.

I said this on the old forums and I still think it's true. In a few years, I think Marvel will quietly retcon Falcon's comics backstory to the movie backstory. And I don't think too many people will actually complain.

I'm always down for more Sam Wilson. He was used perfectly in CA:TWS. And I expect big things for Sam in comics going forward.

i don't think most people respect Falcon because people don't really understand how any of his skills/powers work. It was cool to see him destroy the helicarrier though. I think it would be cool if he became a low level telepath since the avengers don't have many of those.

Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    i don't think most people respect Falcon because people don't really understand how any of his skills/powers work. It was cool to see him destroy the helicarrier though. I think it would be cool if he became a low level telepath since the avengers don't have many of those.
    It's because he talks to birds.... Movie version was alright, but he will always be a sidekick and the bad part he's not even better than bucky. It is what it is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I said this on the old forums and I still think it's true. In a few years, I think Marvel will quietly retcon Falcon's comics backstory to the movie backstory. And I don't think too many people will actually complain.

I'm always down for more Sam Wilson. He was used perfectly in CA:TWS. And I expect big things for Sam in comics going forward.
    i'm not sure that there is a way to quitely retcon that. you'd have to make him a war vet. it's not the same as strengthening Rhodey's connection to the military (which has always been kind of weak in the books). i think they are still counting on new readers sticking to the Ultimate books. they should have just merged (or stole a few ideas from) the two universes when they had the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    i'm not sure that there is a way to quitely retcon that. you'd have to make him a war vet. it's not the same as strengthening Rhodey's connection to the military (which has always been kind of weak in the books). i think they are still counting on new readers sticking to the Ultimate books. they should have just merged (or stole a few ideas from) the two universes when they had the chance.
    Marvel quietly retcons stuff all the time. Sticking to Captain America's side of the Marvel U., Sharon and Peggy were once sisters. But then Sharon started referring to Peggy as her aunt.

Agreed! It's freaking ridiculous that he didn't get so much as a mini to tie in with the film.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Right now the MCU Falcon and the 616 Falcon are in two different situations. The MCU Falcon is just starting out while the 616 Falcon has been doing this for years and years.

I think the MCU Falcon kicks ass. I never got the feeling that he was Cap's "sidekick" at all. I think a lot of people's comic bias is coming out. Was Black Widow also Cap's sidekick in the movie? Falcon came across as a friend and partner to Cap. Not sidekick. Falcon held his own, gave Cap a place to stay, gave Cap advice about Bucky, and never needed Cap to come save him. That doesn't scream sidekick to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    Right now the MCU Falcon and the 616 Falcon are in two different situations. The MCU Falcon is just starting out while the 616 Falcon has been doing this for years and years.

I think the MCU Falcon kicks ass. I never got the feeling that he was Cap's "sidekick" at all. I think a lot of people's comic bias is coming out. Was Black Widow also Cap's sidekick in the movie? Falcon came across as a friend and partner to Cap. Not sidekick. Falcon held his own, gave Cap a place to stay, gave Cap advice about Bucky, and never needed Cap to come save him. That doesn't scream sidekick to me.
    You're not wrong, but on the other hand... pretty much all the good guys in the film were also inspired by Cap. Sam had trouble thinking of getting back into field action, but when Cap required it he didn't hesitate at all. Widow had trouble letting go of being only a tool for espionage, but Cap inspired her and convinced her a new life was possible. Nick Fury was the ultimate control freak but when he knew he was in deep **** he counted on Cap to see the right things through.

Cap inspired and changed all of them, can you really say the opposite? Falcon asked Steve what he'd do if he quit being Cap, Steve said he didn't know but the grand arc shows Steve can never stop being Cap because that's who he really is.. not Steve Rogers. Natasha tries to find a life for Steve Rogers and it's the same thing.. being Captain America always comes first, so her romantic advice means nothing in the long run. Fury tries to get Steve to ''get with the program'' but he ends up being wrong about it all.

So Cap influences and inspires everyone else but the opposite isn't true. In a way, you really could say that everyone is Cap's sidekick in the flick.