Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default As Wally West Flash fans how do you feel about Barry hooking up with Linda Park ?

Now I love the new Flash TV show as it took some of the burn off of the mess that is DC Comics and their new 52, but now in the next episode is where I think loyalty will be tested with the Flash, Barry Allen, hooking up with Linda Park, the Wife of the Wally West Flash.

Now I love Flash, but I'm mad at what DC and Geoff Johns did to Wally West and his family. In fact, I even wonder how does Johns feels about the angry that Wally West fans have for the New "BLACK" Wally.

I mean I'll take a Black Jimmy Olsen over a Black Wally West any day and I'm African American myself.

Still as fans of the OLD Wally West Flash, how do any one feels about this upcoming change to the overall Flash mythos ?

Astonishing Member

CW!Wall likes older women?

i suspect its more the issue that YJ did leave enough of a mark that people will be wondering where Artemis is when CW!Wally shows up (and he will)

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

It'll be a one-episode thing, most likely. Barry is going to end up with Iris somehow. I don't see the Linda hookup as much more than a fling. Barry, unlike old school Wally, really isn't a lady killer.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

If this happened in the comics, I'd be pissed but the TV show really is its own thing. Similarly, while I really hate that Wally and Iris have magically turned black in the comics, I really don't have the same problem when and if they do that with another media. Ultimately, I would prefer that they keep the same visual look as the comics but when casting actors, it's more important that they are right for the role, rather than looking right for the role, if you know what I mean.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

i dont mind it on the tv show because he needs to get over iris and hes finally doing that and the actress that plays her is freaking hot so thats a plus. Since she is a comic book character she'll be staying around and when they decide to put wally on the show hopefully hes around Linda and barry's age and they can hook up. But honestly i would of rather seen barry hook up with caitlin

Linda isn't a regular character, though. I can't see her as Barry's new love interest.

Especially not with this item (SPOOOOOOIIIIIIILEEEERRRRS!!!!!).

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Crappy. That's how I feel.

But meh, whatever.

I am ok with Barry getting all the girlfriends and wives of Wally.

Really isn't TV Barry really Wally?
    Reddish hair? (Check)
    Eats a lot to maintain energy? (Check)
    Works with Star labs? (Check)
    Raised in the West household? (Check)
    Heck, if he was adopted his last name would have been West. Wally is the better Flash and the show is reflecting that.

I'm just waiting for a webcomic depicting Barry as a sleeze who checks out the wives of other heroes, goes 'mmm, be nice to...hey, evil idea'... he goes back in time, and we see a new reality where he's walking along with one hand around Lois Lane's hip and the other around Big Barda's while Clark and Scott sigh wistfully in the background with Barry thinking "Don't hate the playah, hate the all too fragile timeline"
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Barry should also hook up with Tina Mcgee and Frances Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Reddish hair? (Check)
    Heck, if he was adopted his last name would have been West. Wally is the better Flash and the show is reflecting that.
    I don't see the resemblance, though. Barry was never really a ladykiller like Wally. Neither is this Barry. Linda sounds like a rebound fling here. Also, Barry here has a sadness Wally didn't really have. Barry isn't as devil-may-care-yet-insecure.

JLU Wally was a police scientist...but his personality wasn't Barry's.

So...TV Barry is TV Barry. Not comic Barry or Wally.

A friend of mine pointed out that Lois Lane didn't even appear on Smallville until season 3. So...I think it's a matter of time before Barry and Iris hook up.
    Last edited by PennyDreadful; 01-29-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Smallville started out as a Lana and Clark show and it was only season 8 (start of daily planet career) that had Lois and Clark. During the silver age and bronze age, Flash comic had Daphne Dean.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 01-29-2015 at 11:23 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Reddish hair? (Check)
    yeah agree with you. Barry resemble much more wally.

only thing that changed is that Barry isn't a ladies man.

Not sure about linda and barry, not really liking this too much

Much ado about nothing. Different universe, different versions of the characters, it's a different story.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist