Default LEGO Marvel’s Avengers

WB Games and Traveller's Tales have announced a new LEGO game based on Marvel properties. LEGO Marvel's Avengers is scheduled to be released this fall for PC, PS3, PS4, Vita, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One and 3DS and is going to feature both the storylines of the first movie and Age of Ultron.

I had a lot of fun with the first game and I hope that they will include other characters outside of the MCU roster at least in Free Play.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Bit surprised it's just the two Avenger movies and not any of the Iron Man, Thor, Cap or Hulk films (or GOTG), but I suppose there's more than enough content in both to mean we'll get a lot of great set pieces for levels. Seems slightly limited after the last game where we had nigh on the whole roster of Marvel though. I would have preferred a game bringing in some of the alternate heroes like Spidey 2099 and the like, maybe a LEGO version of Secret Wars. That said, LEGO Hulk Buster vs LEGO Hulk will be fun.

And are they going to do what they did with Lord of the Rings and Hobbit and use actual dialogue from the movies? Or will we have silent characters like the old games? Oh, and DLC ideas people, ala the Season Pass in LEGO Batman 2! My picks...

- Agents of SHIELD
    - Ant Man
    - Agent Carter
    - Defenders (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist)
    - GOTG

Also does it amuse anyone else that one of the best recent Marvel console games is overseen by Warner Bros?

Isn't this game a bit redundant because of Lego Marvel?

The idea of it being based on movies got me a bit stumped.
    I hope the movie cast voice them, and give more than the movie dialogue.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    Isn't this game a bit redundant because of Lego Marvel?
    Yeah, this feels like a downgrade. Unless they add more than just the movie characters, I'll be checking this one out once the price comes down in a year or two.