Page 1 of 86 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men '92

Default X-Men '92

With the recent announcement of Ultimate End mini and a new Inhumans: Attilan Rising ongoing

What are you hoping to see emerge out of the X-MEN 92 teaser?

Any and all thoughts welcome.

image.jpg

That we get an on-going with this cast. It will be the first time I would be single issues over TPBs since... 1992.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

I was born in 92, so this series is already important to me.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Anyone know who drew the teaser. I love the art but wolverine looks a little strange

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Pepe Larraz
    I make love, you make me sick.

Where's Jean and Beast?
    Reading List

Action Comics, All New Wolverine, Aquaman, Astonishing X-Men, Batman, Detective Comics, Harley Quinn, Mister Miracle, Superman, Super Sons, Titans, Wonder Woman, XO Manowar

Hopefully it sells well and we get an on going.

(That's of course only if the '92 comic is actually a real representation of the show and period - not just some kind of spoof by current writers who are in their own minds are superior.)

Quote Originally Posted by Daytripper82 View Post
    Where's Jean and Beast?
    I was wondering this too...maybe...

Beast was in jail and Jean was hanging out on a rock?
    Last edited by Beezzi; 01-29-2015 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Hopefully it sells well and we get an on going.

(That's of course only if the '92 comic is actually a real representation of the show and period - not just some kind of spoof by current writers who are in their own minds are superior.)
    Agree.
    I wouldn't even mind if they got some how got rid of the whole x corner of the marvel u and replaced it with a 92 version. No more watered down x men, no more kids. Just x men the way we remember. + bishop cable and the rest of the 92 x universe

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Any good story that doesn't disparage or diminish them would be fine with me. It seems like this is the impetus for a lot of people becoming lifelong X-fans, so I hope it's treated with the respect it deserves.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Any good story that doesn't disparage or diminish them would be fine with me. It seems like this is the impetus for a lot of people becoming lifelong X-fans, so I hope it's treated with the respect it deserves.
    Agreed. As long as it is treated as a real continuation and fair representation of that series it has a hands to really be great. The problems we need to worry about are potentially having DisMarvel alter the team, bringing in newer characters and/or shifting stories more in line with the aggravating paths current DisMarvel has taken. If this turns out to be some annoying mindf^#k of them trying to use nostalgia to make people more accepting of their current junk, I'll be peeved. We know who is writing it?

Fantastic Member

It might be cool if they're the most optimistic version of the X-Men to appear in the war and are like a bright reflection vs others as darker reflections to varying degrees. Then even if they make some noble or even ignoble sacrifice they can perhaps set an example to look up to. What I hope against is something where they're depicted as hopeful to the point of naivete and being out of touch with reality, such that they all get turned into zombies or meet some other gratuitously gory fate. Also if having a version of Xavier feature prominently allows Chuck to come back through some crazy plot twisting I'm for it.
    Last edited by Rising7; 01-29-2015 at 02:05 PM.

Yes hopefully this is a faithful representation of the XTAS in which case we get a badass and funny Gambit and no overdone Romy angst. That and a group of actually that are actually heroic and you know like each other rather than just being stuck on a team together for the drama.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

I still don't know if I should get excited about this.

Hope they don't make Cyclops a bitch.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    I still don't know if I should get excited about this.

Hope they don't make Cyclops a bitch.
    Cyclops was not a bitch... I actually liked him and loved his dynamic with Wolverine, the tone of which was set back in episode two...or was it three? When Wolverine punched him in the gut after the Night of the Sentinels story. The show had such high points in storytelling, I fear this might not stack up... Or maybe it'll do so well they'll start using some of the styles from it.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Hopefully, it's just a nostalgia-sating promotional poster and not any sort of backwards attempt to curry favor with cheap fanservice (aka a time-displaced ongoing).

This image is the very epitome of "and i'm I PEAKED IN HIGH SCHOOL Rob Lowe!"