Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men '92

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    As long as they give Storm her weather speeches I'll be content. Those were one of the best/worst parts of the show.
    OMG! That is what I want too. Give me the bombastic speeches again plz lol!
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsm24 View Post
    LOL! Are you serious?! The same current generation of youth who obsessively follow hundreds-episode-long weekly anime series such as Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, etc.?! ROTFL!

And Jubilee doesn't look Chinese! What fresh hell is this, white-washing (the opposite of 616/Ultimate/Claremont's Psylocke's yellowface) of the only major Asian/Oriental character on the show?!
    I believe this is the one part of the cartoon that's undefendable - its a reflection of the times and a huge missed opportunity....Jubes wasn't drawn particular Asian in the 90s comics either, it's a common aberration with her in particular. At least this seems to have finally started to come to an end. For a more in-depth discussion on this topic - see current Jubes thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    As long as they give Storm her weather speeches I'll be content. Those were one of the best/worst parts of the show.
    This is a must!

Must be accompanied by awesome costume change!

Also I wonder where the writers are going to start from? The end of Graduation day (last episode)?
    Last edited by Beezzi; 01-30-2015 at 09:14 AM.

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Do you know what else was "for kids?" Animaniacs.
    Adventure Time too but their biggest audience consist of 20something year-olds. Just because a show is packaged as a strictly kids show @SickAlice doesn't mean that's the only audience. The show was full of material and layers that would go over a child's head but that an older person would understand, which is why it is remarkable.

Hell, the season two episode where Beast gets Carly her site was touching. I remember my mother crying at the end and didn't understand why until I was older once I realized that, no, X-Men isn't all about powers and feats: it's about tolerance, acceptance, a struggle (which why I follow the series in the first place).
    Last edited by Goddess; 01-30-2015 at 09:23 AM.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

I am looking forward to this and while I enjoyed the cartoon, I don't want Gambit speaking in third person.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    I am looking forward to this and while I enjoyed the cartoon, I don't want Gambit speaking in third person.
    Yeah...weird thing is...I'm rewatching the series with my other half right now - we've just finished season One - Gambit doesn't seem to do it that much in the first season. He definitely does it in season two. Did they change writers or something. Did Chris Potter decide to improvise? It's odd, his whole speech pattern changes.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    I believe this is the one part of the cartoon that's undefendable - its a reflection of the times and a huge missed opportunity....Jubes wasn't drawn particular Asian in the 90s comics either, it's a common aberration with her in particular. At least this seems to have finally started to come to an end. For a more in-depth discussion on this topic - see current Jubes thread...

This is a must!

Must be accompanied by awesome costume change!

Also I wonder where the writers are going to start from? The end of Graduation day (last episode)?
    Good question. I don't know how much to base it on. All we know is they will have a section of battleworld. I'm wondering what other universe are next to it I don't remember the placement on the Map
    X-Men Forever

Yeah...weird thing is...I'm rewatching the series with my other half right now - we've just finished season One - Gambit doesn't seem to do it that much in the first season. He definitely does it in season two. Did they change writers or something. Did Chris Potter decide to improvise? It's odd, his whole speech pattern changes.
    I don't know either. Not sure why they changed it, its not like you couldn't tell there was an accent. Unless it was thought it make the accent more pronounced. While I can ignore it easily for the most part in the cartoon. I have a much harder time reading it.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Hopefully it sells well and we get an on going.

(That's of course only if the '92 comic is actually a real representation of the show and period - not just some kind of spoof by current writers who are in their own minds are superior.)

I was wondering this too...maybe...

Beast was in jail and Jean was hanging out on a rock?
    Maybe Jean tripped out of nowhere on the way to the photoshoot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfhIdDF8KHg#t=1m32s

(timestamp won't work if it's embedded)

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    As long as there's quotes inserted in like " I can smell em' ", " I go where I wanna go ", " You look as nervous as a long tail cat in a room full rockin' chairs " and Rogue overuses the term " sugah " and Gambit " mon ami " I'll feel like I got my dimes worth.
    Also, "The name is [either Cable or Gambit]. Remember it."

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsm24 View Post
    LOL! Are you serious?! The same current generation of youth who obsessively follow hundreds-episode-long weekly anime series such as Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, etc.?! ROTFL!
    Uh... What do you consider to be "kid" these days? Because most of those anime shows you just listed aren't televized anymore... And the ones that are come on after 10pm. The original X-Men animated show aired on Saturday mornings and were on cereal boxes and carried huge lines of toys in every department store, among other loads of easily accessible merchandize... Can you say the same about ANYTHING you mentioned?

I'm talking kids, children, prepubescent. 6 to 11. And don't you dare try to bring up Last Air bender/ Korra. That "kids show" was on par or more adult than some of the 90s shows, not to mention the vast majority of the viewers were 15+.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 01-30-2015 at 11:54 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytripper82 View Post
    Where's Jean and Beast?
    Hank's in the lab; Jean fainted after too much telepathing.
    A house is not a home without books or cats.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Good golly what have I elicited here? " Eeetz alive! ". Anyways none of this was even my original post anyways. I look forward to picking up this book. It seems like an off the wall left field idea and that works for me.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    OMG! That is what I want too. Give me the bombastic speeches again plz lol!
    I just need to read/hear it one last time. I'll read it in Alison Sealy Smith's overly dramatic Storm voice too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCatBastet View Post
    Jean fainted after too much telepathing.
    Oh, TAS Jean, don't ever change. Well, get rid of the ponytail, but keep everything else.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

IN THE NAME OF CORPORATE SYNERGY, I demand this crossover!

http://kyle-fast.deviantart.com/art/...2014-439513497

They can even bond over what jerks humans are!
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    IN THE NAME OF CORPORATE SYNERGY, I demand this crossover!

http://kyle-fast.deviantart.com/art/...2014-439513497

They can even bond over what jerks humans are!
    I don't know I'd I'd want a crossover, but at the very least I'd like Disney to release a complete box set that I won't have to pay hundreds of dollars for tracking down... Or killing someone and taking there's.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    LOVE IT! Just needs Psylocke
    Couldn't agree more! Also would love to see those versions of Polaris, Havok and Cable