Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "A.K.A. Jessica Jones" Adds Rachael Taylor as Long-Running Marvel Character

The world of "A.K.A. Jessica Jones" continues to grow, with Rachael Taylor set to play the character best known as the superhero Hellcat.

Full article here.

BANNED

Awesome, she was the best part of the first transformers.

Thought from just seeing the headline that she was going to play Carol Danvers since in Bendis' Alias Carol was Jessica's best friend. I don't think that Jessica and Patsy are friends in the comics, but I like that Patsy will now be in the TV/Cinematic Universe.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Amazing Member

I wonder if they're going to be using Hellcat in the way Jessica Drew was used in the "Alias" comics. I think it's a smart move, actually. I can totally see Spider-Woman being used in either the big-screen Avengers flicks, or even a better fit for "Agents of SHIELD." And Patsy is more of a street-level hero along the lines of what the Netflix series are all about. She also has a strong link to the comic-book Defenders, and we know these Netflix shows are all building to the formation of that team.

I've been waiting for Patsy Walker to show up in the MCU for ages, and now she's finally here! This is great news. Although I would have preferred a "Mean Girls" style solo movie.

Yay! Hope this means she'll also join the Defenders

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Thought from just seeing the headline that she was going to play Carol Danvers since in Bendis' Alias Carol was Jessica's best friend. I don't think that Jessica and Patsy are friends in the comics, but I like that Patsy will now be in the TV/Cinematic Universe.
    Im assuming pattsy will be taking carol's role. They probably think carol is too important a character to debute in a netflix show.

Please don't shoehorn her into a superhero position right away. Let her stay as the radio host/bestie for now. If all of a sudden this ex-child actor is now a kung fu expert and acrobat...

Quote Originally Posted by notable View Post
    I wonder if they're going to be using Hellcat in the way Jessica Drew was used in the "Alias" comics. I think it's a smart move, actually. I can totally see Spider-Woman being used in either the big-screen Avengers flicks, or even a better fit for "Agents of SHIELD." And Patsy is more of a street-level hero along the lines of what the Netflix series are all about. She also has a strong link to the comic-book Defenders, and we know these Netflix shows are all building to the formation of that team.
    That could be a possibility too I suppose.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yay! Hope this means she'll also join the Defenders
    Dr. Strange cameo as well.

BANNED

While I am glad we're getting Patsy Walker into live action form, I was hoping for someone recognizable, but I'll take what I can get.
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 01-29-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by notable View Post
    Actually, with the recent news of the Purple Man being cast, I was wondering if she'd be used to fill the Mattie, Spider-Girl role, or the Ant-Man role.

Ronin Myst

hell she should have been jessica jones !

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I enjoyed Hellcat's role as a private eye in the recent She-Hulk comics.

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Yay for Patsy one of my fave characters. Now they can have an actual classic Defender.